Birmingham Best Inn Hotel
US$51
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past and always enjoyed this quirky hotel. What a difference now though. Still quirky but now looking very tired and a little grubby. The bar has been replaced by an Indian restaurant which is ok if that's your bag but I would have liked to have a beer at the end of the day and there is now nowhere in reception to sit and relax. No hot breakfast is served and this is now very much ailed at the budget traveller. Sorry but I wont be returning any day soon

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

booked a room a week in advance, called hotel on day of booking only to be told they had no record of any booking under my name this was after they promised to check and call me back on three occasions but never did, i had to keep calling them. when they said i had no reservation they just hung up! i booked through ebookers who told me this had happened several times on this day and they booked me into another hotel which i then had to pay taxi fare, i will be making a complaint to ebookers as they should not use this botel any more. im just glad i called the hotel first instead of just turning up! Do not book with this hotel if you want somewhere to sleep!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I saw the reviews on this hotel before visiting so wasn't expect a pleasant stay.
However I couldn't have been more wrong! I don't know what people expect from a hotel at the budget end of the market, the Ritz?

Location is very good, but if you're reading this before you've been then Sat Navs take you to the MacDonalds which is just passed the hotel and its hard to spot with the bright lights of this and I almost drove out again in search of the hotel. So just drive round the back into the car park at the rear as its at the end on the left behind the hotel.
That said, there is a nice pub opposite as well as a mini supermarket and off license.

Rooms: We booked several rooms for a few nights as it was a group get together.
All the rooms were large, clean and with plenty of hot water and the usual conveniences of kettle (Tea, Coffe, mini milk), TV, towels.
The beds were ok, but as you would expect from these prices there is little room for upgrades, so they were of budget quality. As were the baths and show units.
There were no lifts in the area that we were in and its a little trek to various rooms, so would not recommend for any OAP, or single persons as it could be easily be used by those who's intentions are less genuine then yours.

Reception is manned 24hrs a day and are polite and helpful.

So in short, spend £60 a night for a Best Western ect or for half the price go here but remember the quality is half as good. But a complete bargain if you're tired and just need a bed and hot bath/shower for the night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TDVF10
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked in best inn hotel for three nights. They said they have a policy that to cancel your booking you have to give a 24 hour notice. I canceled my booking exactly 2 days before my booking and I thought everything was fine.They asked me for my bank account details for proof which at first I was not certain of but they said I can't make my booking without it. I was anyway going to be paying by cash so I thought it was fine. Later I went to get my bank statement and it said that money from their hotel was withdrawn from my account without my permission. I had spoken to the manager and he said that no one has taken money out of my credit card. And there was nothing on his computer systmem to prove it so I sent them proof from my bank. After that the manager started lying by saying that I had cancelled my booking on the day. When we had given them clearly a 48 hour notice. Currently my bank is dealing with them from the fraud section. I would advise no one to give them any card details. Because they are not trustworthy and their manager is the worst that I have experianced.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Wow. What a [--]. First room we were given was disgracful (450) . Went straight back to reception. No fuss. Just gave us another room (471) . Wife refused to look and went and waited in car.
It was better..... maybe 10times better than first room. BUT ... dont be fooled. I dropped of bags and left. Told wife much better room lolol . Fingers crossed that she believed me. Didnt want to spoil our day out shopping.
Got back at 10pm. Didnt look better at night.
Where to start.....
Hallways.. smelly and carpet stained like a crime scene photo.
Room..
Carpet stained.like someone had p*ssed on the floor. But no smell. Gladly.
6 steel pillars in thr room lol
They tried to make it look like a 4 poster lol
The most uncomfortable bed i have ever slept in. Actually i dont think i slept.
Tele held up by a book. Up button stopped working. So had to use down button. Through 700 free view channels. 9 wall lights in room 3 working. Bulbs missing or broke. Sockets loose and unsafe. Carpet grippers pointing up.kettle lid broken. Also turned itself off half way so you had to hold it down to continue to boil. Curtains filthy. Wallpaper hanging off wall. White dried stains on the mirrors in bedroom. Shaving light tube missing. Shower head held on by red tape. Never used toilet paper that cheap before. But then some reviewers had none.lol.
Towels were clean.... YIPPPPPEEEEEE
No mattress protecters. Badly stained matress.
Curtains held on by tape. Two hangers and a pole in corner as makeshift wardrope. A set of broken drawers. Pillows were a joke. The dirtiest smallest pillows known to man. Pillow case was clean.
BUT.wait we had a balcony .. hell yeah..
Carrier bags full of rubbish. A floor full of crap. And a wooden rickity old fence lol so rotten i wouldnt dare to lean on it.
Will upload some photos soon.
Would i stay there again.
Not if they paid me too.
2 stars ??????
How is this possible.
Minus 2 stars would be 2, 2 many.
You hear scare stories all the time.
Please trust me. Read my other reviews.
Get some red paint and a brush.
And paint big red crosses on the door.
The black death. Plague. Leper colony.
Crime scene tape around the outside.
This place should be shut down.
You hear of buildings catching fire.
But never the right building.
This place needs to be re inspected. And two stars removed. This has no right to be listed on any site.
Booking.com how can you continue to advertise this place.
AVOID AVOID AVOID