“A comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night on a business trip. Found the room very clean and well furnished, also had air conditioning which was excellent!
Room had tv with freebies channels, I ate my evening meal in the hotel and breakfast which were both average!
Finally i got wi-fi free for the first 24 hours. luckily that's all I needed it for, it was £5 a day after that which I find shocking for a large hotel chain. It should be a free facility got paying guests!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear davidc2012,

Thank you for finding the time for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. We are happy overall that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share with the team. I would like to say our FREE Wi-Fi is available during your stay not just 24 hours and we can even other this if your having a meeting the next day or just catching up after check out. £5.00 is a charge for bandwidth for large downloading.

We like to thank you once again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great overnight stay to go to cadburys world.

The room was clean and tidy and the beds comfy and the shower nice and powerful. The only negative was the room was far too small for the double bed, sofa bed and cot. We had to climb over the bed and it didn't leave much room for the kids to play in whilst we stayed.

Breakfast was varied and plentiful.

The staff on reception were helpful and friendly and printed us some info on cadburys world as there were no leaflets.

Would def come back if we were in the area again.

Stayed: October 2013
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Kate_Blackmore,

Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay overall and had a good day out at Cadburys World..

We like to go that extra mile for all our guests. We hope to see you in the near future again.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed at HI Express for one night (26th October) and had a pleasant stay. Rooms were clean and breakfast in the morning was fantastic, would stay again! Only problem we had was with the room type. We wanted a double and got a twin. We were told all rooms are have twin beds ("double rooms" are 2 twin beds pushed together) but at the time of boking weren't told this.

Still enjoyed the stay and would use the hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear SarahBeth_19,

Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased overall that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed your breakfast. I am sorry that you didn't get the wright room type. If you would like to discuss this with me in more detail, I would be more than happy to be contacted either by phone 0121 511 0000 or email deputy@expressbirmingham

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Please don't stop in room 209 if ever allocated. The corridor door will be banging shut all night. No chance of sleep. Called reception and managed to get an answer after 10 minutes. They were surprised that I mentioned it. They said they would come up and change my room but never did. Tired and lack off sleep when stopping at a hotel with a good name.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear M A,

Thank you for leaving feedback on Trip Advisor which we take all positive and negative reviews on board and act upon. I am sorry that you experienced not such a good night sleep. I would like to talk to you personally about this and offer some kind of compensation. Would you be able to call me at the hotel direct on 0121 511 0000 or email dgm@expressbirmingham.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

A great welcome and a 300 point voucher for my platinum membership. Standard clean HIX room and a basic but good brekky with scrambled eggs and beans.. I never touch the cheaper sausages mind you!

My gripe.. numerous selfish oblivious parents letting their kids scream (yes scream) and run along corridors/brekky area at 730 in the morning.. Maybe a bad weekend and maybe I'm turrning into a grumpy old man but it seemed a base for many families.. not sure I'd return really unless I was up early and didn't need a chilled morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear drdanielmacdonald,

Firstly I would like to thank you for leaving feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased overall that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We always give our guests a great welcome on check in, and I would like to thank you for the comment.

With your comments regarding 'kids' We will as always try our upmost to help reduce noise for our guests.

If you would like to speak to me personally, please phone me on 0121 511 0000 or email dgm@expressbirmingham.co.uk.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed at the HI Express at Oldbury and found the room comfortable and the staff pleasant. Also good value for money. The rate included breakfast. However the meal choice in the evening is limited. Very convenient for the M5

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear 75Traveller16,

Thank you for leaving feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy overall that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall share this with the team.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here for three nights in September and cannot fault it. Our stay worked out at £20 per person per night including breakfast, which really is excellent.The Hotel is not actually situated in Oldbury itself, which is half a mile down a duel carriageway but despite this there is a service station next door and an excellent Fayre & Square across the car park. All in all a great location to base for a stay in the Black Country.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Captainbeecher,

Thank you for leaving feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer good value for money. We hope to see you in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
#2 of 5 in West Bromwich
Edgbaston
Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2? Share your experiences!