I arrived with a broken ankle and was made to stand at the front desk for almost an hour while the staff checked that my company had booked my hotel room, in spite of me having all the paperwork. They apparently wanted me to pay, even though the company had already done so online. Eventually, I was allowed to enter my room though my company was still verifying payment for it over the phone.
My colleague was also charged for using their car park while dropping me off, even though she should have only been in and out. She was forced to go home without knowing whether or not I was all right and this made her rather concerned.
The room was clean, but the seal surrounding the window let in a draught which was bad enough to give the impression that the window was open. When the wind blew outside, the curtains would billow and any sound from the A4123 or passers-by would sound loudly in my room. Sleeping in this room was virtually impossible due to the noise and cold.
Upon checking out, I was again asked to pay and had to again explain that my company had paid for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a convenient location just off the M5 at the welcoming Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury hotel. Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury is a modern, 4-story hotel just off junction 2 of the M5 with plenty of complimentary onsite parking. Guests can enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast in the sociable Great Room. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and our Barnum meeting room has capacity for up to 25 delegates. Our helpful staff can arrange catering for your event and our self-service Business Centre is open 24 hours. We're a short drive from the offices of nPower, British Gas and the AA, and 30 minutes from major exhibitions and conferences at Birmingham NEC. You can reach the bustling heart of Birmingham by car from the hotel in just 15 minutes. Enjoy a glamorous shopping experience at the boutique-filled Bullring in the city centre, and let the kids get close to wildlife at the West Midland Safari Park, 16 miles from the hotel. Our modern bedrooms have recently been refurbished and provide guests with a comfortable base for exploring Birmingham from. Check out our new stylish décor, we've added irons, ironing boards and better hairdryers to each room. All of our rooms have en-suite shower rooms and 32-inch TVs. Family rooms for 4 people make us a good-value choice, with kids under 18 staying free! Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury offers a tempting menu of delicious dining options including fish and chips, nachos and spicy curries. Socialise till late over drinks in our contemporary bar, furnished with inviting leather armchairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury m5 Jct.2 Hotel Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2 West Midlands