Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A family visit that went well. The Staff searched for transport to accomodate the large numbers in our party and we were really looked after. Rooms really nice and comfortable. Would recommend without question. I like this brand though, because you know what you are getting at the end of the day..A clean comfortbale room, dining facities on site or very close by and attentive staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Therobster999,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury. We as a team always do our best to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us and it's nice to hear that you were looked after and found the rooms nice and comfortable. We value all feed back from our guests and i shall pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Susan Parsons |Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I visit my mom in the UK but she lives in a very small house so I usually try to make a reservation at this hotel because it is actually within walking distance of my mother's home. When my dad died my daughter and I went there to stay, and on one evening we went for a walk and found a great Indian restaurant not to far away. We both love Indian food. Anyway, I moved rooms after finding that my room was close to the elevator and I really needed to sleep well. The staff made it really easy to move and although I was further away from my daughter it was better sleepwise.
I will go there again, the staff are nice and you can get coffee downstairs in the morning, which makes it nice.

Room Tip: I chose one away from the stairs and the elevator which are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Annbosslady,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time out and leaving us a review on Tripadvisor.

Here at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury we try our upmost to ensure everyone enjoys their stay for whatever reason they come to stay with us, so i'm happy to hear our staff helped you in moving rooms as your previous room was to near to our lift and you needed to sleep well, we like to ensure everyone enjoys their stay with us, next time your here with us we will do our best to ensure your room is away from our lift and close to your daughters room as well.

Once again thank you and will look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kirsti Clarke |Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am currently at the Holiday inn express Oldbury, what can i say. My family and i are highly impressed. From the moment we entered, we were treated with the utmost of care. Simon Roberts the duty manager took great care of our needs. The bed is firm and good and the duvet and the pillows are fantastic.

A great hotel for the price

Room Tip: I don't have any good tips, because I have experienced all the rooms. We were in room 312.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear MrDeepeshKPatel P,

Thank you for your kind words posted on Trip Advisor. We here at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury take on board all feedback and we are happy that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us.

Nothing is too much trouble for our guests, my team and I go the extra mile ensuring they have a great stay with us and a remember one.

We look forward to seeing you all in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've been to many Holiday Inn's and so far as I can remember never had any complaints and neither was this visit. We were here 3 nights for my husband's birthday weekend to see a game at the Hawthorns, visit family in Stourbridge and look around Dudley. We were in the perfect location!! The staff upon arriving, leaving, and when we went down for night time snacks were always friendly and ever so nice. I had to call down once about the internet code not working for us suddenly, but the front disk person gave us a new code over the phone right away, no questions asked and it worked again in a quickness.

Also we accidentally booked a single room instead of a double room but the staff sorted it out for us and put us in a double room. It was a disabled room but it was no issues and was actually very big with lots of room and the bathroom was also large with a wet room, lots of space. The bed also big and comfy. The room had a air conditioner which we could adjust on our own. We could make it cold or hot

Breakfast as always was great. I was also able to bring some bits up for my husband who was too sleepy to come down one morning :-)

Great stay, this is our new place to stay if ever needing to stay in the West Midlands again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SilleBliss
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear SilleBliss,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

Its so nice to hear that you had a lovely time here with us, we always try our best for our guests and accommodate them as best as we can,

We look forward in welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express Oldbury

Kay Carter |Guest Service manger

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I arrived with a broken ankle and was made to stand at the front desk for almost an hour while the staff checked that my company had booked my hotel room, in spite of me having all the paperwork. They apparently wanted me to pay, even though the company had already done so online. Eventually, I was allowed to enter my room though my company was still verifying payment for it over the phone.

My colleague was also charged for using their car park while dropping me off, even though she should have only been in and out. She was forced to go home without knowing whether or not I was all right and this made her rather concerned.

The room was clean, but the seal surrounding the window let in a draught which was bad enough to give the impression that the window was open. When the wind blew outside, the curtains would billow and any sound from the A4123 or passers-by would sound loudly in my room. Sleeping in this room was virtually impossible due to the noise and cold.

Upon checking out, I was again asked to pay and had to again explain that my company had paid for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ms Emma Stanton,

Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you experienced a not so good stay with us. I would like to discuss your complaint further if I may?

Can you please either call me on 0871 902 1603 or email deputy@expressbirmingham.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were attending a show at the NEC and rooms were booked for my aunt a friend and myself. The booking was efficient and friendly. and the rooms were very comfortable providing everyting we needed although the air conditioning took some working out. The best of our stay was the "continental Breakfast" that included Sausage, srambled egg, beans and toast. quite filling and a good start to the day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for kindly taking the time to write a review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage. Reviews of all kinds are what makes the hotel move forward and gain knowledge and experience from each individual guest.

It was nice to read your positive comments about our Free Breakfast, We at Holiday Inn Express believe that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and with a plentiful supply gives our guests plenty of option to choose from several items.

Once again I am pleased that your stay was smooth and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Adam Gayden
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions when in Birmingham. It's not outstanding but good enough. The rooms are clean, not spacious but they will work. The breakfast which is free, is quite good and the location in Birmingham is not bad. Staff are generally quite welcoming and friendly. Have not had a bad experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear KENVAN2014,

Thank you very much for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for choosing us once again, we always make our guests feel welcomed when staying with us and deliver excellent service.

Your comments regarding the staff, I will share with my team, thank you.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Travelodge West Bromwich hotel
#2 of 5 in West Bromwich
Edgbaston
Ibis Styles Birmingham Hagley Road

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2? Share your experiences!