“Fantastic hotel at bargain price”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel at bargain price”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here while visiting cadbury world, situated in an ideal place and is so clean and welcoming. The staff were very helpful and so friendly from our arrival until we departed. The hotel was modern, clean and the rooms were basic but had everything we needed. The free breakfast was basic but while a large choice and there was plenty of it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would not hesitate to book again if I was staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank you for leaving such a positive review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage, it is so nice to hear back from our guests especially when the critique paints the hotel in such a good light.
As a base for visiting Birmingham we are ideally situated away from the hustle and bustle of the city and within easy reach of many tourist attractions.
All the staff were very pleased with your kind comments in particular the housekeeping department who take great pride in their rooms.
Breakfast we believe to be the most important meal of the day, and what better way to start than with a plentiful free choice of several favourites from our buffet bar.
Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great review of the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at this holiday on a business trip for its location, unfortunately that was probably the best thing about this hotel. Rooms are old, dated and not very clean. Reception or lounge area can be best described as depressing. Bar / restaurant food is some of the worst I have ever had the displeasure of eating, I am used to bar food, hotel food on business trips but this was just terrible and even though I was starving after travelling all day I could not eat this. Only positives of this hotel were 2 of the staff members who were friendly and helpful. Nothing of note around this hotel, a petrol station and a bad pub, avoid if possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for leaving a review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage, we appreciate all feedback positive or negative as this allows the hotel to grow and improve as a business and a pleasurable place for our guests to stay.
All staff are very proud of the hotel we work in and believe we offer a competitive and excellent package in both our bedrooms and food and beverage areas.
On this occasion it seems we have failed to live up to your expectations and deliver our hospitality promise. I firmly believe if given the chance we can improve your view of our hotel. If you could kindly contact the hotel directly on 0121-511-0000 and speak to myself I will gladly arrange a complimentary stay on my behalf.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My Family and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Oldbury and I can say hand on heart its the best hotel that we have stayed in when staying in the Birmingham area.
Everything you expect from a hotel and more!...Pleasant, Helpful staff...Superb Breakfast, FREE Wifi in rooms!!!....the list is endless!
And the Icing on the cake, its better than The Hyatt and Hilton, two places we have stayed at in Birmingham.
Thanks Again for a Perfect stay!
The Kirk Family!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brainstorm1
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kindly leaving such a positive review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage, to hear back from our guests makes what we do at the hotel so rewarding, especially when we can make an everlasting impression on guests such as yourselves.

All staff pride themselves on excellent customer service and we are all very family orientated, we believe in treating our guests with 100% commitment and exactly the same way in which our own families would be.

Not only have we introduced free Wifi but now offer Free Breakfast to all guests. What better way to start your day!!

Once again, on behalf of myself and all staff thank you for such a kind review of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Exeter
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A good three star hotel. The hotel is situated just off junction 2 of the M5 so it is ideal for travelling around the area. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel offers free WiFi throughout the hotel. The meals are quite good quality and quite tasty at a reasonable price. The breakfast selection is adequate with a number of things on offer, either a continental selection or sausage and scrambled egg. Free car parking is available at the hotel. Good for a short stay or flying visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for kindly leaving a review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage, we love to hear back from guests and how there stay has been. Feedback of all kinds allows the hotel to grow as a business and put the guest at the very heart of it.
The staff were all pleased with the comments and the kitchen in particular, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and are proud to offer free Breakfast for all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for kindly reviewing our hotel.

Many Thanks

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived here earlier than check-in but this was no problem for the staff as they allocated us a room. The room itself was lovely and spacious, we had a great nights sleep and enjoyed a tasty commentary breakfast.
Location wise, you can't fault it as it's right on the M5, close to the M6 and close to Birmingham.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly let me thank you for kindly leaving such a glowing review of the hotel on our TripAdvisor webpage. We love to hear back from our guests wether the review be of a positive or negative nature as we strive for hospitality excellence.
Our Housekeeping team are quick and efficient enough to allow us to get guests in earlier than sometimes expected with the guaranteed check in time. They have been passed your comments and were all really pleased that the room was clean and comfortable enough for you during your stay.
The staff pride themselves on excellent customer service and our ethos is to treat our guests how we would like to be treated. The customer, after all is at the very heart of our business. With ideal links to the motorway network and within easy reach of Birmingham, the hotel is ideally situated and convenient enough for our guests to find there way around the area.
Once again I thank you for leaving such a great review for the hotel to be very proud of. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel's location is perfect as you have gasoline station, pubs and restaurants, supermarket around and easy access to the motorway.
The staff are friendly with special mention to the reception staff AMY. She was very helpful when I mentioned about my problem with my IHG rewards. She sorted it out on the day of our arrival so I didn't have to contact the IHG rewards customer care again. I contacted the customer service previously but were unable to do anything with my concern until after my stay in the hotel. This could have cost me money contacting them on the phone and the time hassle of doing it.Amy was very knowledgable with our queries i.e. Parking details to NEC, restaurants nearby etc.
The room as usual is very clean and comfortable with very firm beds and comfortable pillows. The family room size though is not as big as the ones we have used from other holiday in express but this was not a problem. The size of the flat screen TV is good and the best we love was the FREE WIFI access up to two gadgets for IHG members! This is a plus when you have kids to keep them entertained!
The breakfast selection was just right for family with kids.
Overall, our stay was great, which I have always expected from holiday inn chains of hotels
Well done to the staff!
We will be booking our stay again in September when my son competes again in NEC for the Brazilian jujitsu!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Kennette Marie L,

Firstly I would like to personally thank you for taking your time out to write a review about our hotel, we are very glad that you enjoyed it!

Our hotel is at a great location for pubs, the motorway and it's also a great help having a Asda supermarket so close to us too. The comments you have made about our staff are overwhelming and I will be sure to pass you're kind words on to Amy as she was so helpful during your stay, which is what all our staff strive to be like at all times.

Our housekeeping staff work very hard to keep our rooms clean and presentable for all guests, so I am very happy that you were pleased with your room.

Overall, I am very happy that all our services from the hotel and staff fitted your expectations and we all hope to see you and your family in the near future.

Abbie Collins
Guest Service Assistant
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A family visit that went well. The Staff searched for transport to accomodate the large numbers in our party and we were really looked after. Rooms really nice and comfortable. Would recommend without question. I like this brand though, because you know what you are getting at the end of the day..A clean comfortbale room, dining facities on site or very close by and attentive staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Therobster999,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury. We as a team always do our best to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us and it's nice to hear that you were looked after and found the rooms nice and comfortable. We value all feed back from our guests and i shall pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Susan Parsons |Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Wolverhampton
#7 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2? Share your experiences!