“First Class Hotel for a quick stopover”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel with a friendly welcome, lovely clean rooms and good facilities.
The FREE WIFI through the hotel and rooms was so convenient.
The breakfast was plentiful and absolutely fresh and delicious.
I would most definitely stay in another Holiday Inn Express hotel again no question. Highly recommended.
Had their been a swimming pool at this hotel I would have rated it a 5*
It was a really good hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of non-smoking rooms you shouldn't have a problem requesting a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DeniseGBr
MgrStoke, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback on our Hotel it was a pleasure to read your comments and I'm sure my team will enjoy them too!

Here at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury we pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience to every guest and I am happy you had an enjoyable stay with us.

All Holiday Inn Express Hotels offer free WIFI and Breakfast is always included for you to start the day off great.

We look forward to your returning to our Hotel or many more the Holiday Inn Express Hotels.

Danny

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting alton towers.A nice clean hotel,lovely friendly helpful staff.Rooms were comfy no complaints. Plenty of choice for breakfast .There is a nice family pub just next door which is ideal for family's to eat .Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alf37
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for writing a lovely review from your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express.
The hotel staff and housekeeping staff always do our best to keep our hotel looking clean and comforting for your stay. We are also glad that our hotel had a decent pub located nearby, and that you enjoyed Alton Towers.

We hope to see you again in the near future for another stay with us!

Abbie Collins - Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friend and I were visiting Birmingham from South Wales for a weekend shopping trip and chose this hotel as we wanted somewhere relatively close to the city centre but far enough away that it was quiet. Great location, 2 mins off the M5, close to several nice pubs and an Asda just up the road - we walked there and took about 8 mins - and we always like Holiday Inn Express hotels so we were confident this one would be ok and we were right. The room was lovely, it all looked brand new and spotlessly clean, beds were comfy and good shower which is always a bonus. Plenty of safe parking, staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were fine - what more can you want? Def recommended and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Simon R, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a kind review on TripAdvisor, I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend here at The Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury. Its great that you found our hotel a great location and that your shopping trip was a success. I hope to see you in the near future.

Amy Newell - Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 2 August 2014

great hotel, very clean, bed very comfortable staff very friendly. would stay again. next door is a fayre & square pub, over the roundabout is a Asda which came in handy as I needed a change of clothes, one bad point the sausages at breakfast, also the breakfast is included in the room price

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank You for taking your time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that our hotel met all your needs whilst staying here at The Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury. Feedback is always welcomed as it gives us a chance to improve on our services. I will certainly pass your comments on to the relevant department.

Amy Newell - Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Pleasantly surprised on arrival. Plenty of Free parking. Polite staff, free breakfast. Having stayed in the Central Birmingham hotel and we did not get offered breakfast at any point it was nice to have a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Family room comfortably sleeps 4 adults.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Simon R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good breakfast too. We deliver a great experience for all our guests, I will pass your comments onto the team.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Simon Roberts

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights this weekend. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Details of breakfast times, parking was explained to us. Our room was clean and well equipped with air conditioning unit, wi-fi, drinks making facilities, hairdryer, TV, towels, pillows, en-suite, soaps and shower gel, hanging and storage space for clothes and our luggage etc. It felt as though everything you would need as a guest staying here had been considered and was already in situ for our convenience. Our room was serviced daily. All the staff we encountered (reception, housekeeping and restaurant staff) were friendly and attentative; nothing was too much trouble. The whole experience was enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and shall look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 650melanieg,

Thank you for your review left on Tripadvisor, we appreciate all feedback. We are delighted that you've enjoyed yourstay with us and we have met your expectations too. I will pass your comments onto the team and I know how they will be excited too with your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Simin Roberts

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 11/7/14 and had booked the room in advance so got a great price with free breakfast.

Check in was at 14.00 and arrived at 14.05 to find a very friendly lady on reception who booked me in with no problems. You need to put your car registration into the computer on the front desk as a company called parkingeye record your registration by camera when you entre the carpark and leave. (I have had a run in with this company before when I put a wrong letter down and got a ticket).

The room was nice with a sofa (sofabed if needed). Normal size double bed with a heavy duvet and pillows (some firm) all clean and crisp white. Room was clean and so was the bathroom. The only things that let the room/bathroom down was it only had a shower not a shower in a bath but a lot of hotels are going that way. The shower cubical leaked at the side so when I went to the toilet I stood in a lot of water. Toilet paper is cheap and breaks up so not good for ladies. My room was round the back by the bins and thankfully there was no smell and it was a warm day. I kept turning the Air conditioning off however it kept coming on again which was a little annoying as it got very cold but eventually it did stay off. Overall the room was big enough, clean and very comfortable.

I went for a drink in the bar and was served by a very plesant young lady who was training. As an IHG member I got a card to enable me to get 20% off my drinks when I checked in. ( every little helps). The hotel does not serve evening meals but there is a pub serving food right next door. You can also order takeaway or heat up your own food using the microwave and cuttlery provided for free. The staff put out extra tea, coffee, sugar and milk for you to help yourself to. This makes a massive difference to you stay if you dont want to go out.

Had a good nights sleep but could not find a soft pillow at all. Breakfast was good with all the normal food for continental breakfast, cerial, yogurt, croissants, toast, cheese and fruit juices. You also get tea, coffee and hot chocolate. You can also have scrambled eggs, sausage and baked beans but they run out quickly so you may have to wait like I did for more to come. Very friendly staff in the morning as well.

Overall for £38 it was a great stay and I will happily use this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear QuadGirls,

First of all, thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor which we take on board all feedback.

Regarding the showers, all Holiday Inn Expresses are showers only I'm afraid. We have already sorted the leaking shower out and the Air Conditioning too.

We do serve meals in the weekday, Mon-Thurs but over the weekend we just serve Pizzas and Snacks too. We are sorry, if you couldn't find a soft pillow, our staff would have rectified the problems you had here if we knew about them.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Simon Roberts
Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
The Quality Hotel Dudley
4 mi away
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
5 mi away
Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2? Share your experiences!