“Family Failure 15”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for an overnight stay on a Friday night . The staff are very nice and very helpful.
The double bed in our family room was brilliant - a good nights sleep in a very quiet place. The two children's camp beds not so have seen better days . Our linen had lots of spill marks that had been washed several times but not clean. The second point was there was no operating fan in the bathroom so got very steamy and the shower curtain really needs replacing as the room gets steamy the smell of BO comes out of it! We had prebooked breakfast not realising it comes in a small box that you open back in your room and has a muffin , cereal bar , 1 mint ,1 small orange juice.Very disappointed with that as we could have gone to the many nice eateries near by had I known. If you don't want breakfast in a box please avoid booking it . There is good car parking and is a good bed for Birmingham or Dudley .
That is our experience in room 15 !

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here in April as I was visiting friends in Wolverhampton I wasn't at the hotel a lot but when I was everyone was very helpful especially the male receptionist the manager Sarah was also very helpful and new a lot about the local area will be back next year thanks for.a pleasant stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helena M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Sorry about the title, however after staying here, Travelodge has definately made me a convert away from the Premier Inn up the road!

I have to admit I would normally stay at the Premier Inn however when there was no rooms available I booked the Travelodge and I am so glad I did. I found the rooms were immaculate and there was always a smell of fresh laundry all through the hotel which whether by accident or on purpose it was really nice.

It did not feel like you was staying in a hotel more of a guest house and the staff were more then helpful. Sarah who was the hotel manager was always pleasant and smiling no matter what time of the day and it seemed no matter time I came or went out Sarah always seemed to be there and would add that personal touch asking if everything was ok as well as how my day was etc.

On the whole this quiet, clean and pleasant Travelodge with great staff has changed my opinion of Travelodge as a whole and I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here as passing through and was apprehensive as I stayed early last year and the rooms were a bit dowdy and staff seemed lifeless, however on this stay I could not find one fault, was greeted by a lovely lady with a welcoming smile whenever I entering the reception area (which was very clean and fresh looking) who was very helpful. Rooms were spotless and smelt lovely a lot kinder to the eye since refurbishment, better night sleep on new bed. On leaving cleaners was just as lovely as the receptionist with a pleasant morning and Manager could not have been any more helpful with booking transport for me. One of the better Travelodge's would definitely stay again staff making it a Happy Little Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is remarkably quiet considering it is just off the main Wolverhampton Road. The room and bedding were very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even helping me get my cases out to my car due to difficulty I was experiencing as a result of a rib injury. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

reception staff were very pleasant and made you feel very welcome the rooms were spotless and comfy car parking was free and the hotel was easy to find definitely will be staying here again was perfect :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank 813Steph
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed here for one night for a wedding close by and I have to say I was glad I did!

The staff are all exceptionally helpful and when you have kids in tow it means a lot. When my youngest accidently spilt his drink over the duvet a new fresh one was brought up with no questions or issues.

The hotel it self feels very homely and smelled wonderful of fresh linen very cosy indeed. Just right to come back to after a busy day and the staff even remembered and politley asked how it went and you could see that this was not typical talk and gives the stay a more personal feel.

Even better was being able to walk up the road to the local KFC for tea and then coming back to the quiet hotel was bliss.

The only complaint was that we was only staying the one night! Would gladly stay here again and for longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fluff69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Halesowen
Travelodge Birmingham Halesowen
#68 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury? Share your experiences!