“Will be working away more often!”

Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oldbury
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having been working in Birmingham for a few weeks the Travelodge became my home for the duration.

I have to admit the place was just what I needed. It was clean, tidy and don't think I've slept better. The addition of the soap and body wash dispensers in the bathroom last week was great and there was no disturbance when they were installed.

All the staff were fantastic and friendly and they even let me cheekily print off so documents needed for the next day (thank you Sarah).

All in all it was great to come back to a place like this after a hard days work.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff was welcoming and very helpful, the room was clean and fresh it was close to the venue we were attending. I love the quietness of the area, there was not a lot of shops in the area but it is quite easy to get to the shopping mall. I would loved to have a fan and a little fridge in the room it would have made my stay complete.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank jacinth_dunkley44
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for an overnight stay on a Friday night . The staff are very nice and very helpful.
The double bed in our family room was brilliant - a good nights sleep in a very quiet place. The two children's camp beds not so have seen better days . Our linen had lots of spill marks that had been washed several times but not clean. The second point was there was no operating fan in the bathroom so got very steamy and the shower curtain really needs replacing as the room gets steamy the smell of BO comes out of it! We had prebooked breakfast not realising it comes in a small box that you open back in your room and has a muffin , cereal bar , 1 mint ,1 small orange juice.Very disappointed with that as we could have gone to the many nice eateries near by had I known. If you don't want breakfast in a box please avoid booking it . There is good car parking and is a good bed for Birmingham or Dudley .
That is our experience in room 15 !

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here in April as I was visiting friends in Wolverhampton I wasn't at the hotel a lot but when I was everyone was very helpful especially the male receptionist the manager Sarah was also very helpful and new a lot about the local area will be back next year thanks for.a pleasant stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helena M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Sorry about the title, however after staying here, Travelodge has definately made me a convert away from the Premier Inn up the road!

I have to admit I would normally stay at the Premier Inn however when there was no rooms available I booked the Travelodge and I am so glad I did. I found the rooms were immaculate and there was always a smell of fresh laundry all through the hotel which whether by accident or on purpose it was really nice.

It did not feel like you was staying in a hotel more of a guest house and the staff were more then helpful. Sarah who was the hotel manager was always pleasant and smiling no matter what time of the day and it seemed no matter time I came or went out Sarah always seemed to be there and would add that personal touch asking if everything was ok as well as how my day was etc.

On the whole this quiet, clean and pleasant Travelodge with great staff has changed my opinion of Travelodge as a whole and I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here as passing through and was apprehensive as I stayed early last year and the rooms were a bit dowdy and staff seemed lifeless, however on this stay I could not find one fault, was greeted by a lovely lady with a welcoming smile whenever I entering the reception area (which was very clean and fresh looking) who was very helpful. Rooms were spotless and smelt lovely a lot kinder to the eye since refurbishment, better night sleep on new bed. On leaving cleaners was just as lovely as the receptionist with a pleasant morning and Manager could not have been any more helpful with booking transport for me. One of the better Travelodge's would definitely stay again staff making it a Happy Little Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is remarkably quiet considering it is just off the main Wolverhampton Road. The room and bedding were very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even helping me get my cases out to my car due to difficulty I was experiencing as a result of a rib injury. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldbury
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury M5 Jct.2
2 mi away
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#6 of 7 in Dudley

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Oldbury? Share your experiences!