After spending 3 nights at another hotel chain, we received a lovely welcome whilst checking in at the Premier Inn at Oldbury.
You could certainly notice the difference immediately with the quality of furnishings and decor. The room was clean and spotless. It had a large flat screen TV. The only negative point would be that there was no bedside table at one side of the bed. It would of been nice to have one either side.
Having a family room of 2ad/2ch all the beds were made for our arrival with towels supplied for the four of us.
The hotel is set back from a busy road next to a lake which made our stay very peaceful. There was no noise during the night from the corridors or next door which is always an added bonus.
The usual all you can eat breakfast is also availailble at an additional cost from the Lakeside restaurant next door. Children eat free with each paying adult. This I believe will become a Brewers Fayre from September, 2012.
There is also a KFC across the way which is handy especially if you have children. We used a local fish & chip shop called the 'Codfather'. I cannot recommend this enough and for fish & chips twice with 2 portion of chips and large sausage came to well under £10.00. Ask at reception who will give you directions.
On our way back from Alton Towers, this was an ideal location to stay whilst visiting Cadbury World (7 miles away), where it took us 20 minutes to reach during midweek peak times. We also visited the Sea Life Centre in Birminham which again took around 20 minutes.
From checking in at Reception to the staff at the Lakeside your knowledge and assistance was very much appreciated.
I would without doubt stay at the Premier Inn at Oldbury again. Thank you for providing us with some excellent accommodation and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oldbury is the perfect place to explore the jewels of the Midlands like the Black Country Living Museum or Dudley Castle Zoo. But the hotel's immediate surroundings are a must too, with a quiet fishing lake right next door. See how our ancestors lived at the Black Country Museum, or how chocolate is made at Cadbury World. Attend a convention at Bethnal, or a match at West Brom. Our friendly team will help you enjoy your stay to the full. Spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds ensure you wake up refreshed and ready for another day on the go. Directions: From M5(J2), take A4123 to Wolverhampton. Hotel is situated 0.75 Mile on the left. Near Dudley. Next to the Lakeside Brewers Fayre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (m5, Jct2) Hotel Oldbury
- Premier Inn Birmingham Oldbury (M5, Jct2) Hotel West Midlands