“Would NOT recommend”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would NOT recommend”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Dirty, run down, mouldy room. Hotel was totally empty - so why were we allocated such an awful room? We had planned to eat breakfast at the hotel - but after seeing the dirty/mouldy room we didnt want to imagine what the kitchen was like! so didnt eat a think and the hotel! and couldnt leave quick enough! Dont waste your money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was very disappointed to read the experience you encountered at the hotel and apologise for the poor standards you encountered on this occasion. I have inspected the bedroom you were allocated today and have removed it from sale to eradicate the issue you encountered and improve the standard of the room.
I will contact you directly to discuss your stay further and once again thank you for review.

Jason Morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
England
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The discounted B&B price was acceptable and the location good to avoid most of the problems of getting to an appointment in Birmingham with the traffic around Birmingham being horrendous. To be honest its really only a business or convenience hotel but having said that facilities are good. I would prefer to stay somewhere else. Nothing wrong except the location. Clean & tidy has acceptable food, room really quiet despite being right next to the Motorway (check the window is fully closed) I changed my room and both handles were not closed properly leaving the window slightly open - likely the cleaner). To get a good temperature in the room you need to be an expert on setting air-con units. 2 rooms two very different settings.

I had a burger in the restaurant at £8-95 and a bottle of beer at £3-50 it was a little expensive for what it was. Service was OK but the waitress had trouble with English. Its only 5 minutes to McD's - quality about the same as the restaurant. There are a lot of better restaurants within driving distance especially if you want an Indian, its the area for a good one. Next time I'll be more adventurous

Room Tip: The motorway side is slightly noisier but acceptable to all but the lightest sleeper, I am a light s...
1 Thank Man_o_Kent
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and although location not ideal for yourself, it is indeed perfect for avoiding the morning traffic into Birmingham.
I will certainly look at the lack of instructions within the rooms in regards to controlling the heating system and make some improvements to make the systems easier to operate.
I was sorry to read you did not overally enjoy your restaurant meal and will address your comments with my team.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Good hotel, with all facilities you would expect to find in a Park Inn hotel. The location is also very good being close enough to the motorway.

Through many stays at the hotel and using the gym/spa facilities I booked a massage treatment with Anita Aheer, and I simply cannot recommend Anita highly enough.

I have now become a regular client because her treatments are so good, thorough and consistent. I feel like a new person after every session I have with Anita who tailor's it according to my body needs.

It's truly priceless the amount of pain relief she has bought to my body and lifestyle through her knowledge and experience. She is abundant in energy and tips which help you maintain the treatment at home.

Even if you are not looking to stay at this hotel I would definitely recommend booking a treatment with Anita.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your five star review following your recent visits to the hotel and your strong recommendation of Anita and her specialised massage treatments, she is a true asset to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Really enjoyed the stay. Good sized buffet, very good bathroom and shower. Heating in room very good. Please note when booking for a room ask for twin or double bed and ask for shower or bath. take your swimming costume the sauna and steam room is well worth the trip. If you want a quiet room, ask for one not facing the main car park. Just in case their is a function on, you will not get the noise from people outside.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you Adrienne for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm self employed and travel the whole of the uk. I had a terrible nights sleep in this hotel. My room was freezing cold, the air Con/heating did not work. even at 29 degrees it just softly blew out cold air. There was also an 18th birthday party at the hotel. The function went on until the early hours and was incredibly loud. Even on the 4th floor I could feel the bass from the speakers. Upon check out, a visitor at reception was demeaning a refund (which I believe she got). I wasn't even asked if I enjoyed my stay, or thanked for staying at the hotel. I was just asked for the card and given my receipt. upon placing this reservation I was asked if it was for business or pleasure. I would suggest that the hotel place business visitors as far away as possible from the function room/bar area. I wouldn't stay at the hotel again and i certainly would not recommend it for business.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank you Ged C for your review following your stay at the hotel this weekend, I was sorry to read we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and did not deliver the service or standards required in many aspects of your stay.
I have e-mailed you directly regarding your stay and I look forward to hearing from you soon to allow the hotel to prove to you this was not the standard we consistently & proudly deliver.

Travellers are raving about these West Bromwich hotels

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great business hotel, with on site parking, gym and pool, very close to M5 and M6. Food options on site good quality and reasonable prices. Fast internet in room ( I good run iPlayer), is free of charge for loyalty club members. Free internet for anyone is limited to 512Kbps which is ok for most business use.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Thomas

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed a comfortable stay and rated us five stars and look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the near future.

Liverpool
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Booked and paid for a family room in advance for West Brom v Everton game. When we arrived just before 6pm they said that the extra bed hadn't been put in the room yet - no problem we were dropping off our bags and had a table booked for dinner then were off to match. The first room was shabby, had 2 single beds and no room for a 3rd.

Unable to get through to reception on the phone so my husband had to go down. Eventually, after explaining that the hotel was very busy and a single bed would fit they said they would move us to a another room. It was better but had a kingsize bed with built in bedside tables - so again we couldn't work out how they would fit another bed in but were running out of time.

Dinner reminded me of an holiday hotel buffet - not the best and a very random mix of food. It was quite expensive too, because of the delay over the room we had to rush our meal.

When we booked we were told the hotel was a 5 minute walk from the stadium - it's not Usain Bolt couldn't do it in 5 mins. Plus it was across a very busy island on the motorway junction so wasn't the safest walk. Coming out of the stadium the away fans are sent the other way out - so it was even further!

When we got back to the room amazingly another bed had been squeezed in - the beds had been pulled in front of the bedside tables so there was no room to move about - wall to wall bed!

We didn't stay for breakfast. We regularly travel and stay over for away games but won't be staying here again.

Stayed January 2014
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read the hotel did not meet your expectations and that you found the hotel to be further away from the Hawthorns ground than we had initially informed you.

I will review the family rooms that you were allocated and remove from our system to ensure only ample sized rooms are used in the future and apologise that on this occassion we did not fully meet your requirements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
#1 of 5 in West Bromwich
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,890 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!