“Worth going to for Anita Aheer's massage!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West

Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Bromwich
“Worth going to for Anita Aheer's massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I went to the Park Inn last year whilst I was pregnant to visit my sister who lives in Birmingham. The hotel is very easy to find and has good access to Birmingham. Generally the hotel is very good value for money; however, the massage made it worth going to stay there for! I had a pregnancy massage with Anita Aheer and my mum had a holistic massage. It was so good that my mum asked to go back for a massage again this month (feb 2014) and I decided to have one again too. My mum loved it so much that she asked for a further 30mins on top of her 1hr massage. My mum has tried and tested so many different massage therapies in other places and nothing has helped her shoulder and lower back pains as much as Anita's massage. She uses a range of sports massage, relaxation, Reiki, etc on you and I also think her massages are great too. Her skills are phenomenal and I would happily go back again and again to stay at the hotel due to her massage. I've also had many massages with others eg beauticians, spa days etc but no one comes close to Anita's massage.

If you go to stay at the hotel, it's definitely worth going to have a massage too and have a dip in the jacuzzi!

I'd like to go back regularly to stay and have a massage. It's definitely worth the money, especially if you book in advance to get a good hotel rate.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your five star review following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to read Anita looked after you and Mother so well and we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon for further treatments.

Jason Morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was a good hotel ... but i think the management can do a lot better. Best part is the pool area... its really nice.
The bar was a good in the night. The rooms were good as well and b'fast was not bad at all

Room Tip: Near the reception
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be convenient and hope you return again soon.

poole
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Everything was ok. Room slightly tatty, slightly grubby, restaurant not too bad and priced averagely. Service from staff very good, polite, friendly and helpful. Whole experience was ok and I would stay again but not as my first choice. Whole place just needs a little refreshing and a step up. However, room rate was about right for the place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read you found the team to be friendly & helpful and your stay overall was comfortable and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We came this hotel for an over night stay in November and loved it therefore, booked another stay in December around Christmas for two nights in a row but the experience wasn't the same. The first time we stayed they had smoking rooms but when we went the second time (because the website wasn't updated) we were told they don't do them anymore which was one reason that we loved it. On our second visit we decided to order a meal from the restaurant. We ordered the sharer fajitas which consisted of a lot, or so we thought. The portion was more for one than for two, and we were a tortilla wrap missing. The service was appalling too, we were told we would receive a phone call in around 20 minutes, when we did I went down to pay and get the meal but was told it wasn't ready and it would take longer. The woman asked for the room number and said she would ring up when it's done however, we didn't receive this phone call. Half an hour later there was a knock at the door from reception saying it was ready (why he didn't bring it up with him I don't know). I went down to get it, starving, and it was cold. We knew there was nothing that could be done because the kitchen was then closed. Luckily I had internet on my phone to search for a takeaway and spent an added £10 for two more meals on top of the £13 already spent on a wasted meal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Teri-Marie M
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay at the hotel in December 2013. I was sorry to read you did not enjoy your return stay to the hotel and that smoking rooms were no longer available. Indeed this should have been updated on our website of which the change will be made imminently. I was sorry to read you did not enjoy your room service and I am confident this an an area of service we have improved since I joined the hotel in January to ensure consistency and time of delivery are within expectations. Once again thank you for your valued feedback.

Travellers are raving about these West Bromwich hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very small and can feel quite claustrophobic. Stayed in 438 which over looks the extraction system so constantly noisy. Roadworks were taking place all night and the noise was horrific! Food service was slow and disorganised with unfriendly staff. Hotel has no heating in the restaurant and it was freezing. My colleague was give instant powder hit chocolate which the staff were trying to pass off as costa. Terrible place would not recommend unless you have insomnia!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Windypops1
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel had not been informed by the highway agency or Sandwell Council in regards to any road works being carried out on the M5 over the weekend, something I will ask to be kept informed of for the future so we can try and allocate rooms away from any such external noise as best as possible. It is unfortunate that we cannot see the M5 directly from the hotel due to our position to highlight any works taking place. Once highlighted to the team we would have happily tried to move you dependent on available rooms to an area away from the M5.

Our Costa coffee machine and all products used to produce and dispense from the machine are from Costa Coffee directly. The hot chocolate selection is a belgian chocolate powder specifically selected by Costa coffee and apologise you did not feel this was to standard.

We do currently have an issue with our restaurant heating system which we hope to rectify this week and I am sorry that our temporary heating solution within the restaurant did not regulate the required heat this weekend.

Once again thank you for your feedback and Im sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I got a free upgrade from 'economy single' to a standard room, which was nice. The room was pretty decent. A little outdated, but fine. Nice size desk, TV, comfy bed, decent bathroom. Clean, but looking closer I felt it could have been cleaner. The shower didn't point straight unfortunately, but left a note about it. Two-course carvery for £15 was pretty good, they even made me some extra veg on request. Good, but basic overall. Cooked help-yourself English breakfast was decent. I booked this hotel mainly because it had a gym, however I was a little disappointed to find it very busy when I went in the evening. I did get to use it once it had died down in a bit later, however. I would possibly choose the Premier Inn down the road (they tend to look and feel nicer) if it wasn't for the gym. But just personal preference and I stay in hotels for a living so I'm becoming fussy! Nice hotel overall, excellent service and I slept perfectly fine which is the main thing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Christopher

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy the gym once it had quietened down later in the day and will get my maintenenance team to adjust the shower head in your room. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for two consecutive working weeks. Both times I was allocated a room on the third floor, the first one I was given one overlooking the roof of the kitchen with all the aircon/extraction units which were noisy, so I asked the Reception staff for a different room. After initially saying there were none I was then given a room on the opposite side of the same corridor which was quieter. Although the bathroom had not been refurbed it still did have a bath (the newer versions have been taken out and replaced with a large shower). However the electronic safe did not lock and despite reporting it twice it was not fixed - the maintenance man just put a folded piece of paper under the safe door to keep it from swinging open! The second week I was allocated a room 312, only 3 doors away from my previous one, however this room is noisier as it is nearer the M5 and is to be avoided if you require wi-fi as the signal is almost non-existent. On reporting to Reception I was told that room and the one next door are notorious for it and had been reported to the ISP for them to investigate. I asked if there was another room but unfortunately the hotel was full, however James, the very helpful receptionist, said that if I brought my laptop down to the foyer he would help me get online and proceeded to provide me with a large glass of wine on the house, a lovely gesture for the inconvenience; James was always friendly and more than happy to help and I hope the hotel management recognise this. The hotel has a pool and a gym, both are small and extremely busy at peak times; take a towel from your room as they are not provided down there unless you pay 50p. Food wise I can only comment on breakfast which offers a good selection of hot and cold items on a buffet basis and starts at 6.30 so is ideal for business travellers requiring an early start.

Room Tip: If you want a good wi-fi signal avoid 310 and 312.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason M, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent two week stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay and that my team did everything they could to make you as cofortable as possible. I will investigate your comments regarding the WI-FI and issue with the in room safe and ensure these issues are corrected.
I was pleased to read James looked after you and will ensure he is rewarded for his excellent customer care. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Premier Inn West Bromwich Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Bromwich
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
#1 of 1 in Aldridge
Ladywood
Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!