“Great facilities and value for money”
Review of Boulder Central

Boulder Central
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Been here quite often, great to meet up with friends and do some bouldering. Go on a Thursday and they give you free tuition as well! They give great advice and tips. Conformable seating area to sit and chat with friends of meet new people! One of my friends blister popped and was bleeding, the staff did actually care and try to help. Would highly recommend.

All reviews
"cafe"
in 5 reviews
"birthday"

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was brought my visit here as a gift, and didn't know what to expect.
Excellent and friendly induction with the owner of the establishment. Thoughtful and thorough.
Following that was free reign around the site.

Great atmosphere and fun way to exercise and build core strength. Will be going back there again with out doubt. Can't wait.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very Safe environment and informative friendly staff. There was a family element as well which I didn't expect which was nice.

It was very bright and clean and there were changing facility's on site although I didn't use them.

Having never done any climbing before I experienced tired forearms and fingers on the more challenging wall sections which gave me sore hands and "almost" blisters when I tried to hang on whilst tired. To prevent this from happening It seemed like the done thing was to rest the arms and fingers every 20 mins briefly then have another go.

The whole climbing area had perhaps 1.5 ft of thick, soft, cushiony matting so the 2 or 3 times I did fall off it was like landing on a soft padded mattress which was funny.

It was something different and good fun and I definitely had a good work out; specifically my grip strength and forearms.

Ill probably go again maybe on the weekends, if only to use up my remaining complimentary climbing shoe vouchers.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited this wall after remembering an article about it last year. Though initially tricky to locate (Keep driving past the warehouses to the end of beyond) I was thoroughly glad I made the effort. I was recovering from a shoulder injury so restricted myself to the easier problems.

The initial welcome was friendly and positive, with offers of help. All the facilities were pointed out but not foisted on me, and I settled down to a few problems. At the urging of my fingers and shoulder, I retreated for a rest after a while. The cafe area was clean and spacious and the drinks on offer covered a good range of climbing brews, from the trad builder's tea to the athlete's herbal high.

Staff were constantly on hand without being over attentive and the final impression was very positive. I'm a RedPoint boy by habit, but if you're on this side of Birmingham it would be well worth checking this venue out. I will be returning

1  Thank marscoop
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I'm not from the West Midlands but whenever I'm up and down the M6, which is pretty often, it's a short and worthwhile detour to go via Boulder Central for my climbing fix. This place is a Boulderer's paradise. Brilliant staff, one of whom is an Irish Bouldering champion, and great coffee. There is so much to offer here with free standing structures and walls I've never seen before and the problems, which get changed every couple of weeks, are always pushing my grade. Love it, and highly recommend this place for Boulderers near and far!