“Great budget hotel. Clean rooms and excellent service.”

Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We like to stay at Premier Inn as they have great beds. Chose this one because of the £19 a night offer when we were up at the NEC for the Gadget Show Live.
Rooms are clean and modern looking and the beds are always comfortable. The staff were friendly and welcoming and didn't have us hanging about on check in, even when their printer was playing up.
The first room we had was on the third floor and overlooking a building. The drone of the air con from the building next door woke us at 6am. We mentioned it after breakfast and they offered us several other rooms. The following night was completely quiet!
Breakfast is a great selection and the staff all seemed very friendly.
Will definately go back if we need a stop-over up that way again. For a budget hotel, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chopper1400

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Me and my 3 friends visited the hotel on the 12th Novermber for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay from the time of arrival on Friday to departing on Sunday . We stayed in the hotel last year as we visit the Classic Car Show at the NECC in Birmingham . The staff are extremely friendly and helpful at the reception area and restaurant.

The breakfasts were very good and also the evening meal on the Saturday night.

The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfartable.

The parking was no problem as the spaces reserved for the offices next door are not in use at the weekend and the spaces could be used for hotel customers

We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as the value for money is the best we have have experienced £30 each for 2 nights stay - superb

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2010

Thanks for your review, we are really pleased that your stay with us was a good one and you received the great service that we are committed to giving all our guests. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming your back in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel but would stay there again if in the area.
The hotel is a multistorey building which is very easy and well signed. You park at the front of the hotel and then are given codes to get in and out of the underground car park. It appears that if the car park is full then there is a public car park across the road.
The exit from the car park is not directly into the hotel but you have to go up a flight of stairs through more car parking then around to the front of the building. As a woman travelling alone I did not feel the urge to go down to the car again after dark to finish unloading the car.
The reception staff were lovely and helpful. Check in was very quick.
My room(316) was clean, warm and basic as you would expect. It also had the largest windows I have seen in a hotel room. It was accessed via the elevator and appeared to have really good locks on the door and a reasonable peep hole, as a previous reviewer stated people dont need to go via reception to enter the hotel.
As others have stated the walls are very thin this was highlighted as I could hear the gentleman in the next room talking on the phone quietly to his wife and I now know all his gossip, very clearly heard. Having said that I was lucky to have quiet and considerate people in the rooms around.
The staff in the dining room made me feel welcome and valued and from my observation they treated everyone the same. I did not feel like a faceless customer so I will take the unusual step of saying thank you to Pat and Nicky by name.
The food was to a satisfactory level(there was more fish in the fish pie than I have had in first class establishments) and the bar staff were also polite and friendly.
Because of the staffs attitudes I did not feel like I needed to hide behind a book as I have done in some other hotels.
I did not feel the urge to step outside the door alone after dark as it does not appear to be in the best of areas and my room appeared to face the lap dancing club if it indeed (only sign of it was a fluorescent light in the shape of a lapdancer).
All in all great staff, thin walls but I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2010

We are pleased that you had a good stay with us. Our team especially Pat and Nicky will be delighted to receive your feedback as it is really important to us that our guests are happy with the service they receive. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Immaculately clean high-ceilinged room on the 6th floor, comfy bed and functional, working bathroom all fine - lots of purple synthetics about but what do you expect at the price? All the staff we met were lovely, helpful and smiley, BUT:

The Food
our not-very-generous employers had booked us a 'meal deal' which meant a dinner menu restricted to 4 starters and 5 mains. These stayed the same for the whole week! Standard of food poor (notably inedible, rubbery veggie lasagne). Glad I'm not a vegetarian and although I'm not a big meat eater I found myself ordering the steak option twice in a row as at least it couldn't be microwaved!

Safety
The High Street Premier Inn hotel is situated directly across from a lap-dancing/strip club ('Angels Gentlemen's Club'). Access to rooms at PI is not via reception - you can go straight to the lift without being seen by hotel staff, there's no door staff/security presence and although one person needs a room swipe card to get into the corridor they can bring anyone with them - and did, as I was kept awake on Wed night by a 3-way sex party in room next door to me - walls are paper-thin. Didn't feel comfortable to complain about this as I had no idea how long the 2 guys in the room next door were staying there and wasn't keen to invite possible backlash. The PI welcome leaflet seems to acknowledge this issue with info from Suzy Lamplugh Trust for solo women. We noticed that lone women sat with either a book or with their backs to the rest of the room at dinner. We were pretty alarmed when two reception staff advised us not to go out at 7.30 at night, even together!

Overall, functional no-frills hotel but shame about the location as I would not have been comfortable staying a week there alone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Yogini99
Reviewed 5 April 2010

The hotel rooms are available from 2pm but we arrived an hour earlier and our room was ready then. A lovely large room for the 3 of us and spotlessly clean. We rang down for more towels and these arrived within 5 minutes.The windows were double glazed and had a thermostat in the room to adjust temperature as required. Room had hairdryer and flat screen TV with all the channels.Extra complimentary tea & milk etc supplied on request.
On arrival you can park outside the front of hotel to unload and then drive just around the corner to their free underground car park. Beware - very sharp & narrow entrance to car park , just take it slowly!! Code to exit carpark from reception. There is a way into hotel from the carpark through a back entrance door,but you need a room key to open it (.We parked before booking in,so walked around the side of hotel,but wll know in future.)

We stayed overnight in this hotel after a football match and intended to have a night out in West Bromwich afterwards. But West Bromwich town centre has gone really rough , so we came back to the hotel and spotted a really nice bar over the road from the hotel called 'Ye Olde Wine Shoppe' and stayed in there all night. Would recommend a drink there,rather than venturing into town itself . The hotel bar looked nice and comfy but we didn't get around to using it.
Breakfast in the morning was a really pleasant experience. The waitress was really friendly and efficient and the hot cooked breakfast was really tasty and well cooked. The help-yourself part was fully stocked with plenty to suit all tastes. In a relaxing atmosphere it set us up for the day.

The hotel is 0.75 miles from J1 of the M5 and easy to find. Hotel rooms are on the 3rd-7th floors of the building served by 2 good lifts. There are superb views from the landing and room windows.

This was a spotlessly clean hotel (When I pulled my sons bed out to make sure nothing had dropped behind it,there wasn't a speck of dust to be seen!) and we found it up to the usual Premier Inn standards.

We have actually booked another weekend in a couple of weeks time as we felt so relaxed there and enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank StaffordJas
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2010

Thank you. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our clean comfortable rooms to your satisfaction. It is great that you enjoyed our Premier Breakfast it really does set you up for the day. We look forward to welcoming you back on you return visit and do hope you enjoy it as much as this one.

Reviewed 5 February 2010

Or should it be 'no room at the inn'. Let's face it, I don't expect great things from Premier Inn, it's a basic price for a basic hotel but when all you need is a bed for the night and no rose petals in the morning Premier Inn tends to be the place I go. But now I'm not so sure. I booked my room on-line, no problem, but when I arrived at 11.15pm (desperate to get to bed as I had an early start the next day running a workshop) it didn't go exactly as I would have expected...
1. I had to wait for the guy on the desk to find me a room saying he wasn't sure if one was ready
2. when I was finally given a key I went upstairs to find the room trashed - as if a rock band had left it, windows open, curtains flapping in the wind, drinks on the floor....
3. So back downstairs I went with my bags
4. I then had to wait AGAIN for a 'room to be made up'
5. Uptairs again - the room I was allocated was COLD
6. But rather than complain andrisk more waiting - I needed sleep. I got into bed with the duvet wearing clothes and my coat on top of the duvet. Not great as I then woke evry two hours in the night cos my body temperature was all over the place
7. I didn't have time to complain in the morning as I had to get to my client

So, although I only expect the basics, they managed to give me less than the basics - bad service

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank PalomaBristol
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2010

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise that the service received at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our West Bromwich Central hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2010

The room itself was fine, standard budget hotel style. Unfortunately the heater was useless and the room was extremely cold - I had to put clothes on over my jammies and take extra pillows to bed!

There was also someone having a loud argument in the next room. I called down to reception to complain but there was no-one there (at 11.45pm - there should have been). They stopped after I hammered on the wall a few times...

All in all, the walls are paper thin so every door that opens or closes is really loud, and you can hear people in nearby rooms far too clearly! I complained about the temperature the next day, and was told I should have called reception. I explained I had but no refund was forthcoming for my lousy night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Quite_picky
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2010

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise that your were disturbed during your stay and the facilities did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our West Bromwich Central hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel? Share your experiences!