“'Comfortable and welcoming'”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Bromwich
Hastings, United Kingdom
“'Comfortable and welcoming'”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stay at this centrally located hotel as it consistently delivers what is promises. The hotel reception staff are friendly, helpful and informative. The room comfortable, just right for a good nights sleep.
The choice of menu at breakfast is very good, the food hot, with plentiful coffee, all served by staff that leave the impression they know what good service is and deliver it.
Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

When I got there, there was a receptionist, checked me start to my room, told me about the free parking, we had a family room, it had a double bed, 2 single beds and a baby cot, it was clean, the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I travelled here so he could host a day at the Hawthorns for a football match. I stayed at the hotel for the day until he returned in the evening.

We got here fairly early, way before check in time - around 10:30am (check in is at 1pm) but the woman at the reception desk was so nice and helpful she did what she could to get me in. My husband had to leave to the stadium soon after we got there but I only had to wait no more than 30 minutes and I was in my room. Great Service!

The lobby is around the corner from the elevators to the rooms and though this building is shared with other offices, I didn't feel unsafe at all. The door entrance to get into the hallway where all the rooms are are locked and you can only get into the area with your room key.

The room ended up being a double bed w/sofa bed in it but it was huge! The bathroom was big also. The internet connection worked fine. We ended up paying the £3.00 to use all day which wasn't a biggie and though it says you can only use one device at a time, we were both able to use our own devices at the same time with no problems.

Now the location is a bit run down, but I still felt safe when walking around. It was unfortunate that the hotel was not open for lunch so I ended up taking a walk to see if I could find somewhere to eat. I ended up going to Morrison's across the street for something.

Also the parking lot is a bit of in a weird spot. Once you park you have to walk back up the ramp you drove into and walk around the garage building to the hotel. Kind of weird and confusing. At first we followed a sign saying upstairs was the hotel. It was just another parking lot and we ended up walking to a dead end where a sign directed us to where the hotel was. We ended up walking out of that top parking lot then around the building to the front entrance of the hotel. That was pretty annoying.

We had dinner in the restaurant, great food, wonderful service but a bit overpriced. The lounge area is wonderful for drinks or coffee while watching the TV there and the seating is comfy.

As the adverts state - the beds are very comfortable. All in all we had a good night's sleep. We would definitely come back again if ever needed for a quick overnight stay in this particular location. But not for more than one night. If it was at another Premier Inn somewhere else, we would definitely stay more nights, this one location was just a big of a inconvenience due to being directly on the High Street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SilleBliss
Bransgore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Ok the area is run down, but its safe and everyone is really friendly.
Hotel is entirely refurbed in new fixtures and finish.
As is usual, in spite of the excellent staff, the restaurant is adequate only.
Adequate parking on site.
Cant say enough about how friendly the staff were, a really good advert for the chain, and for the area.
I'd stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
Paddock Wood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Hotel is very good and the staff very friendly. The rooms were booked in advance so the price was excellent. The Area is a bit run down but extensive works are underway to rejuvinate the townscape. We were up for the football so after the game we had a good dinner and a few drinks. The prices were fantastic value and the people of the area very warm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed here a few times of the years and the service, value for money, cleanliness and food has been excellent for a budget hotel. It is an ideal location just off the M5 motorway, car parking is in a safe underground park with easy access.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thornaby On Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a one night stay to split a long journey up. Staff were fantastic with our little girl and her allergies so friendly and great with dealing with this. Area was awful but once u were in there it was lovely in restaurant too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bromwich
Edgbaston
Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn West Bromwich Central Hotel? Share your experiences!