“Brilliant Weekend Break, Friendly & Quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent last weekend 18 July 2014 at Church Farm with my 12 year old, 4 year old and my mum opting for the three bed caravan Delux plus at £257

It was clean and comfy, as was the park, the Funstars were brilliant and kept my kids interested.
Rory Tiger, Ned and his friends were always there for the kids and happy to interact with them.

We spend a morming at West Whittering Crabbing which was great fun, then lunch at the park.
The carvery was lovely as usuall.

Only thing I could think of that we didn't like was having to queue for ages to get a deposit back for the kart hire along with lots of family's trying to book activities. The hire shop was so hot and not enough staff to help.

There were lots of new staff on there first day, they were all friendly and more than happy to help.

Brilliant Holiday !! Thank you Haven can't wait for next time

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a decent caravan Delux plus or higher
1  Thank Sue F
Church F, Manager at Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Hi There,

Thank you for this review, it is great to see you had a brilliant weekend with us.

We hope to see you again soon at Church Farm.

Lisa and The Team at Church Farm

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from an enjoyable week's stay at Church Farm. The Church Farm site is not the smallest or largest Haven we've visited, in our opinion it's just the right size. It looked a clean well kept site. We stayed in a "Retreat" which was OK, it seemed to be a bit more spacious than a standard 4 berth caravan. It had a nice balcony, but only one chair was provided! Also it lacked essentials such as tin opener and toilet brush! The outdoor pool was great on warm sunny afternoon's. The club was a little quite in the week, but it was still school term time for most. The staff tried their best to provide a little entertainment. We used the Mash and Barrel once for a meal and it was acceptable. The 9 hole pitch and putt golf course was great with holes ranging from 90 to 130 yards. It was reasonably well kept (I wouldn't expect the greens to be the same standard as a private golf club!).

A car is necessary for exploring the Chichester area. We popped into Bognor Regis and visited the Roman Palace at Fishbourne, The Butterflies at Earnley and the Tangmere RAF museum, all highly recommended. We also went visited the Isle of Wight by Hovercraft for the day. The terminal in Portsmouth is only 35 minutes drive away. Over there we did a bus tour stopping at Sandown and the Robin Hill park. Again all highly recommended.

1  Thank anpjWirral
Church F, Manager at Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your review, we are as you say just the right size for a great holiday. The retreat vans do have that little bit more space and of course the veranda to enjoy the sunshine. I am sorry you were missing some inventory I do hope we were able to replace them once we were aware. We look forward to welcoming you back to Church Farm

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Got one of The Sun holiday deals. Decided to upgrade before arriving to a Prestige plus static home (Harbour View no. 14). It was a very nice model, interior was spacious, and with a well equipped kitchen, tv with dvd built in, comfy sofa, good table and chairs. The caravan was very clean, but look under the mattress for tea towels, bin liners, additional bedding etc etc, as we didn't until our last morning !!!!!!
Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Food in site restaurant (Mash and Barrel) was good quality and reasonable price, although alcohol was pricey. Swimming pools (heated !!??).....well only ventured into the inside one and it was cold, baby area was warmer.....just !! on a wet day the arcade / children play area was busy and noisy, and pool was a little uninspiring although changing areas were clean.
Outside play area was ok, and nice decked area to sit out on overlooking outdoor pool. The site is huge and perhaps there could be a bit more to do for children around the park rather than the smallish indoor area, so another play park / area would have been helpful as you had to go through the main facility to everything. Shop was ok but v. pricey....expected I guess.

2  Thank 2906DocM

Hello thank you for your lovely review, it’s nice to read you enjoyed your holiday with us. Hopefully we will see you again on park soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were here on a Sun Holiday and upgraded ourselves to a luxury plus caravan . There was four of us . On arrival we were greeted warmly at reception as this was our second stay.
The caravan itself was luxurious and adequate for our needs and the beds comfortable . The campsite itself is in a peaceful location near Bognor Regis . There are beautiful walks to be had . Cycle hire . And a fabulous indoor and outdoor pool all in all a fabulous time was had by everyone . We will return .

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Uvikki

Hello, Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to park.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Lovely quite park, well kept and very clean. I would guess that majority of caravans are owned by individuals leading to my poor marks for this site. The club entertainment was very poor and the lounge was almost empty each night and no wonder it was like a freezer, air con must have been on lowest setting going! People sitting in jumpers and coats! Overall all entertainment was mainly for children. The staff performed between 9.30 and 10.30 then late night disco for about 10 people left! As stated I would say owners know what to expect and stay away!
Food at barrel and mash was expensive and of poor quality, 4 meals and not one any good, needless to say only used once.
So if you want a good clean camp and good quality caravans but do not want to use clubhouse would definatly say yes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, I am pleased to see you liked the site. I have passed your review onto the Entertainments manager reference the venue as I know he will want to review this. I do hope that we will see you again on park.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I took my family for a long weekend to Church Farm. The holiday resort is set at the end of a very long and sometimes narrow lane which has signposts to Church Farm just in case you think you are lost! Driving along the road really does feel like going towards the seaside and with the window open you can smell and hear the sea. Great signage welcomes you to the park. Entering you can see the main complex on your left. At a mini roundabout you are welcomed by one of the Church Farm staff. The smiling helpful approach really typifies the attitude of all the staff here. The caravan park is set out so you dont feel overlooked or part of a complex. I loved the location of the park with walks around Pagham harbour to watch the wildlife (RSPB), or a walk down to the beach either by walking out of the resort and along the road, or over a bridge which is one of the walks given to you by the staff. We booked our son on one of the 6 activity passes and he learnt archery, shooting, water walking, fencing. I have to say the staff were excellent. All the instructors were certainly well qualified and I felt comfortable that they had considered everyone's needs and safety was clearly thought through. My son had a fantastic time. The facilities are really good. There is an outside pool with a good number of loungers. The restaurant has outside seating so you can watch the kids while you eat. There is a really good bowling green and 2 tennis hard courts. Hoops for those wanting to play basket/net ball. All the facilities are in one place and away from the main caravans. We didnt go to any of the evening entertainment as we had our own stuff to do. I would thoroughly recommend this family friendly holiday park. We are already thinking about going back next year.

Room Tip: caravans away from the main complex will be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank deb s

Hello,

WOW this review is “Great” Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, all the team here really love to know when guests enjoy their stay with us ! Hurry back to see us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I went back to Church Farm having had a fantastic time last year. I have to say I was disappointed this year. The staff were not as pleasant, our caravan didn't feel like it had been cleaned properly, especially the bathroom and the cleanliness of the site overall wasn't the best. Having wrote a review last year about being in a nice quiet spot, we were told we could request this when we went again. We did this when booking and also twice when waiting for our keys, to be told that all aspects of the park are quiet............not true. I think we must have been put on the busiest part of the site with nearly all caravans full but didn't really want to say much as we didn't find the staff friendly when checking in. Anyway this aside the holiday was great as we love Brighton and Portsmouth. Don't be too put of as it is a good base to explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sally P

Hi There,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your break as you expected. We really do pride ourselves on offering a friendly and professional service across the park and I am sorry if you didn’t not feel this happened during your stay. I do hope you will return to see us again on park and I ask that if you make a future reservation you let me know so I can take a personal interest in your holiday and ensure you are allocated in a quite location on park.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester

Been to Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!