“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a caravan park with my daughter last year, I decided not to be put off and booked as a family to come to Church Farm.
First impressions of the park - excellent. Ray stopped us, introduced himself and shook our hands, and gave us info. A little action makes a big impact.
I was pleasantly surprised by our caravan, en suite on our bedroom and even though the children's bedroom was very small, there was enough space for all their stuff and luggage stored under the bed. In our bedroom we even had a walk in wardrobe (prestige caravan), plenty of storage and powerpoints.
The living area was of a high standard, however, the TV was intermittent with the freeview signal. But as we weren't in the caravan much, not too much of an issue.
The Mash and Barrel was organised chaos, food was ok, drinks what you would expect at the pub. Think perhaps a queue for food and a queue for just drinks may be helpful and reduce waiting times -bearing in mind it's August, queues weren't horrific.
Kids clubs were excellent, we booked a lot of the activities beforehand, but were still able to book some activities on site.
Very well organised and the instructors were excellent.
The site itself is clean and tidy and would definitely return.
The Fun stars were great with the children and were very entertaining. Them alongside the quality entertainment led to a very happy family.
Swimming pool facilities were very good, however, don't expect a relaxing swim. Changing rooms etc were great.
The children's play park was great, only recommendation would be is to have some dim lighting for the evening so the kids can continue to play

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline D
Church F, Manager at Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Hi Ya,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad we were able to surprise you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for all your feedback, I can tell you that we do know have a separate till in the restaurant where people can just order drinks and it is helping with the queue a lot. I do hope you will return to Church Farm again.

Lisa & The Team At Church Farm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at Pagham in the 60s when I was a kid and then stayed at this park in the 80s with our kids. We've just got back from a week here with our daughter and two grandchildren. The caravan had three bedrooms and two loos (one with shower) and everything worked fine inc parking for two cars. There was plenty to do on the site eg indoor and outdoor swimming pools and play parks, 1-4 person bikes, hamster balls, bungee jumping, arcade, pitch and putt etc. best to book some of the activities pretty soon after you arrive as eg hamster balls are very busy. All the staff were friendly, helpful, polite and the site overall was well organised, clean and child-friendly. There are lots of places to visit in the area if you wish to though getting onto the A27 at Chichester can be a bit of a nightmare at this time of year!! We had a really good week staying mainly on the site with a few forays out (West Wittering's long sandy beach though parking £8 a car, shopping in Chichester and a quick look at cars and planes at Goodwood). Pagham itself has a pebble beach and has eg an arcade, cafe etc but it was great to revisit childhood memories!!

2 Thank Paul T
Hello,

Thank you for the review, I bet the site has changed a little since your last visit. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and got yourself out and about in the area as well. I hope we will see you again on park.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I normally stay at coomb haven but it was fully booked so booked here.
It's not full of chavs like coomb haven seems to be. It's more relaxed. It's close to the beach which is good to get out of the park for a day.
Stayed in a deluxe plus which was nice, clean & beds were comfortable - though the sofa bed needs replacing. Didn't have a sheet or duvet cover for the sofa bed but is easily sorted.
Night time entertainment is good but not as good as it used to be years ago.
The only downfall is the size of the park is as big as others yet the club room is tiny! Had to get up there early to get a table.
Mash & Barrell restaurant is awful! Had to queue to order food, no table service. I ordered a chilli and I don't know if it was quorn mince or frozen mince but it was disgusting, nothing like a chilli at all. There's no burger king or papa johns either just a chip shop.
Fun stars are great with the kids though!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Suzitinks
Hi Ya,

Thank you for your review, It’s great to see you were able to relax with us during your stay. Sorry you didn’t enjoy the restaurant, the park does get busier at some times during the holidays but I am pleased you were still able to enjoy the entertainments and thank you for the nice comment about the Funstars. Hopefully we will see you again at Church Farm.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Church Farm and first caravan experience and I have to say it was brilliant. I travelled with my daughter and town grandchildren aged 2 and 6.
Very efficient check in and out and we found all staff very friendly and helpful. Our Prestige 3 bedroom caravan was comfortable and well equipped although no oven gloves so remember to take some. We hired a Highchair and bed guard both were good quality and clean. Beds good and plenty of space around the caravan for the grandchildren. All in all a very pleasant site, clean and tidy (even the bin stores were tidy).
The childrens activities were very well organised and our 6yr old granddaughter enjoyed archery, fencing and the turbo paddlers and aqua gliders. We bought an activity pass and pre booked things but it would have been useful to have had the prices of individual activities before you arrive and the length of the sessions. The groups were small and very well led, safe and fun I think they did a brilliant job.
Lovely walks from the site too. Ray the security guy was very helpful and friendly and lovely with the kids. We didn't actually eat there so can't comment on the Mash and Barrell.
The pool was busy as you would expect in August but changing rooms and lockers were readily available.

Would we go back.....most certainly! A lovely break particularly for children with lots to do.

We were in the Priory View area which was particularly peaceful although quite a walk from the main activity/entertainment complex (maybe 5-10mins at child pace) but there again the closer you are the more people you have walking past, we were happy to walk for the very peaceful location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrandMrsD214
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad you and your family had such a brilliant time. It seems you gave a few our activities a try and I am pleased to see you enjoyed them, Priory View is a lovely area so I am glad to hear you found it peaceful. We can’t wait to see you back on park soon.

Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a lovely time here having been spoilt by our lovely family and being brought here. Staff and facilities were great. Caravan was lovely and well located. Considering the size it was peaceful and quite at night. Entertainment was just right, my 4 year old loved all the yellow coats and they really got involved with the kids.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank DeeRubyontour
Hi There,

Thanks for this great review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will get spoilt again and we will see you back on park soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful platinum caravan 28 harbour view only down side no mop, dirty dishes and a kettle full of crusty lime scale. It's a well kept park stunning lagoon where my 2yr old loved feeding the ducks and swans. The complex is way too small for the size of the park couldn't get a table in the show bar or at the mash and barrel it could be a bit more organised in the mash and barrel it seemed a bit hectic and there wasn't a lot on the menu so we ended up going off the park for food . The soft play was full of boisterous older kids fighting and wresting my 2yr was punched in the face the parents were nowhere to be seen probably in the bar. Ray the lovely gentleman at the gates was very warm and friendly greeted us with smile and wave every time we passed

Hello,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry for the issues you had with the mop/dishes and kettle I do hope we were able to put this right for you. The lagoon is a beautiful site, we love going down and seeing the ducks and swans when they are about. I do hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Waltham abbey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Recently back from a 4 night stay at the Haven in church farm, and out of the Ones I have previously stayed in I have to say this is the poorest one I have been to.
Starting with the caravan I would have to say the beds are very small and uncomfortable with a miniature tv with can barely be seen from where the sofas are.
The facilities were at best average think the peddle bikes could do with a serious oil or replacing.
Nighttime entertainment was good for the youngsters up until about half 9 when the most awful sounding singers would take stage and crucify songs that have been classic hits over the years. I walked out on my last night of the singing act after 5 mins due to it actually being too painful to listen to.
The fact the bar in the complex charges you twice for a 'dash' of Pepsi with a spirit. 2x 65p equalling 1.30, when questioning them about the fact the run it through the till twice for the dash they said that's the price. Which £1.30 for a dash of Pepsi is outrageous.
The fish and chip shop is poor, could do with getting proper chip shop chips rather then ones similar to a weatherspoons. The bar service in the mash and barrell was slow, the fact they played the football was good but to leave it on mute after it attracting people in there because it being in the screen. When asking one of the staff members how much the carvery roast dinner was he replied he didn't know looking at me like a rabbit in headlights before walking away from me as fast as possible. So I ended up leaving the complex to have my roast dinner elsewhere. Everything's just a little bit small, could do with larger and more facilities. Has real potential if improvements are made
On a brighter note, the kitchen facilities in the caravan was good, no issues with the heating and got water. Caravan was located in a decent place. The entertainment with there characters and the fun star presenters seemed nice to everyone. Not too sure that I would be visiting again for the price too, way over the top.

2 Thank Charlieth1
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am sorry you are disappointed with your stay with us, I have shared your feedback with the relevant managers for them to review as we use all our feedback to make changes to improve. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and hope that you will leave with a different view of us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 9 in Chichester

Been to Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!