“Highly recommended”
Review of The Bear Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
The Bear Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in Pagham for the week and ate at The Lamb and The Bear. The Lamb looks a nicer pub (and I have reviewed it), but The Bear was so friendly. We arrived back in Pagham at 5pm and were looking for somewhere to eat (or to go back to our cottage for Fish and Chips) - we walked into The Bear and the very friendly barman greeted us warmly. We were told that food was not served until 6pm (we were nearly turning to go), handed a menu to look at, and then offered a drink (very smoothly done, as we then had G&T's in the beer garden, and time ticked by so that we decided to stay for another until the food was being served).
A very friendly lady came out to the garden to see if we were ok, and advised that the kitchen would be open soon - she took our order and before we knew it the food arrived. We went for the two course special and I ate local sausage and mash followed by homemade treacle pudding and custard - it was hot and very tasty.
As we left, the barman and the waitress called goodbye with the same friendly enthusiasm that we arrived to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Recently visited the Bear inn for dinner while staying in Pagham. I couldn't have asked for anything more, the staff where wonderful and so helpful the gentlemen behind the bar remembered my boyfriends name when he came to book which was a polite touch. The food was also really nice and at a great price. Would defiantly recommend and will return again next time I'm in Pagham.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at Church Farm holiday park in Pagham on 15/07/2013 for 4 nights .After reading tripadvisor for ideas where to eat whilst there, I went to The Bear in Pagham. I was not disappointed with the out come, on arrival we were taken to our table by a friendly member of staff. We went for the 2 meals for £20 , which included a drink ( a pint of beer or wine ) and a sweet. What a bargain I had chicken chips with salad, my wife had sausage and mash with vegetables. Both were very nice and good portions. For sweet my wife had Rocky road sundae (which was nice ) I turned a sweet down as I was full . The restaurant area looked newly decorated and was very clean as were the tables etc . We ate once again at The Bear and were not disappointed, this time we ordered off of the normal menu , I had steak pie, my wife had chicken melt , both as usual were both fine.I would recommend every one to try this pub.The pub also has a good selection of ales as it is a Fullers pub.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Visited this evening, it's a welcoming pub-restaurant, and nothing was too much trouble. It's not cheap, but the food was good, nothing amazing - by this I mean that the pie I had was tasty, but reheated; as was the pork belly. The fish dishes were fine, clearly freshly prepared. Veg accompaniment was ok, acceptable.

The starters and sweets were pretty standard, decent soup however and a nice cheesecake.

It's always busy here it seems, tells you something anyway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Went there for a birthday meal with the family. Highly recommended, the portions are massive from start to finish and very very tasty, compliments to the Chef. The staff and service were very good.

We had a very enjoyable evening and will certainly go there again.

I wish the new owners every success and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Had an excellent lunch at the Bear Inn. Very attentive service, good home cooked food and very reasonable priced. It was nice to other fresh veg other than the normal cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamyHampshire
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My wife & I bought a Caravan at nearby Church Farm some 5 years ago. We enjoying eating out at the wekend & have never been disappointed with their meals.

Fairly priced with a permanent Menu, there are always a changing selection of Specials.

The ownership changed this summer but the atmosphere remains friendly. Thr bar Manager is a character & well liked by many regular diners. The service is excellent.

There are four other Eating Pubs in Pagham but this knocks spots of all of them.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Chichester
Hilton Avisford Park
Hilton Avisford Park
#5 of 7 in Arundel

Been to The Bear Inn? Share your experiences!