All reviews the barn full english hot tub fresh fruit bo bo the main house long table newfoundland dog tudor style breakfast spread b and b private bathroom lovely dog swimming pool breakfast table breakfast was amazing single room
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I was due to stay. We'd booked two rooms. But just days before we were due to come, we hit a problem. I rang and - although the owners could have claimed a cancellation cost under the terms I'd booked, because of my circumstances they didn't. I even offered them some money but they wouldn't take it. Even though I didn't stay, I think that says a lot about the people who run it. :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2018

From the moment you arrive - Deborah makes you feel so welcome! She helped recommend places of interest as well as the best places to eat (The Lion in Pagham!) The room was large, spotlessly clean and had everything you could possibly need. The pool is beautiful to look at whilst chilling on the sun loungers (not great weather that day to swim unfortunately!) and the hot tub is lovely and warm. The gardens are exceptional, really well cared for. The Barn we stayed in was beautifully decorated in Tudor style. Her breakfast was absolutely awesome and I can see why she has won awards for it! Home made cakes, musulli, fresh fruit, cereals, fresh juices and full English as well as other choices - absolutely outstanding and tasted amazing! Great service from Deborah and her lovely breakfast assistant! Not forgetting her lovely dog BoBo who is gorgeous! We will definately be returning and wouldn't hesitate to recommend - 5 stars to you Deborah!!! Best, Sue and Paul

Room Tip: Just speak/email the owner Deborah and tell her your needs and she will recommend
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

As we used to live in West Sussex in the Eighties we decided to revisit our old stomping ground,we wanted a nice family run place to stay and decided on The Old Priory at Bersted near Bognor Regis..When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by The owner and shown to the Double Staddle Barn where we would be stopping,our own little annexe and it was fantastic,tea and coffee making facilities,en suite bathroom and loads of storage for clothes,the double bed was amazingly comfortable.We were askedeach day for our breakfast orders [between 8.15 and 9.00am ] in the main house.A great spread including fresh fruit,cereal,cheeses,home made ginger cake as well as the breakfast ordered [I had full English every morning]

Room Tip: No tips ,as far as I'm aware everyone there was very happy with their room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018

A couple of days break to visit the area. Booked a few weeks ahead at a decent price for B and B. We were allocated the last available room in the main house which fortunately had a shower as I have mobility problems and can’t use a bath.
We were warmly greeted by the owner Deborah and a big fluffy hearthrug in the porch. This was Bo Bo the owner’s Newfoundland dog. One of the largest dogs I’ve ever seen, but he was really well behaved and didn’t seem to bother anybody. He was beautiful, but may be a bit scary if you don’t like dogs. I wanted to steal him.
Our room was fairly small, but clean and well decorated with a lovely comfortable bed. Only minor criticism was the tiny and low child size easy chair, it was the only chair in the room and too low too get up from if you have dodgy knees.
Breakfast was good which you had to order the night before if you wanted cooked breakfast. There was a huge choice of cold options as well. Fresh cakes, cereals, cheese, bread, fresh fruit etc. Service was efficient by Deborah’s helper, sorry I know her name.
The house itself is an extremely attractive traditional style cottage with a big garden and pool which we didn’t get a chance to appreciate during our short stay.
If you have time while you are in the area and like history, we can recommend visiting Fishbourne Roman Palace. A super couple of hours.
Thank you Deborah and staff for a great stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We chose ‘the old priory’ specifically after reading a lot of positive reviews and were not disappointed! Everything about the place was so wonderfully welcoming. The service was amazing and you could tell that they cared as they specifically catered for our 4yo son as well as us. The breakfast spread was incredible and had something delicious for all tastes. We really couldn’t find anything to complain about! Rooms were generous and clean and comfortable. Facilities were all spot on too. Location wise, it was ideal as it was peaceful and quiet whilst being close enough to major routes to places of interest. We had a lovely time and wouldn’t hesitate coming again in the future. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family