“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis
Ranked #6 of 26 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is our 2nd trip to butlins. We stayed at the shoreline before. But I have to admit that the ocean hotel is much better. It seems fresher and modern. The staff are very pleasant and go that extra mile. The rooms are very spacious and have everything a family of 4 would need. The kids loved their room and it also gave them some independence. Our room was cleaned to a high standard.
The breakfast and dinner were standard but well-cooked and with very attentive service. We were very happy with the hotel and would definitely book again.

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a four day break to the Ocean hotel this time as we have three children and need a room to accommodate. The Ocean's Neptune rooms all have a sea view and an option for a sofa bed. The sofa bed is a very good size it would easily fit an adult so my 2 year old son had tones of room to roll around on it. I would of slept on it it did look comfy. The room was clean and tidy and had a great view . We were offered which floor we wanted and I said 3rd was high enough as I have Vertigo. I am so glad I didn't say yes to the 4th floor as I really struggled with the height of the 3rd (but no one else did it was just me and my issue with heights) . Anyway upon arrival it was not too busy and I was allowed to check in at 2pm instead of 3pm. The staff were lovely and cheery and there was a table of coffee, tea and squashes for those waiting to check in and it was most welcome as I was dying for a coffee. We did have the option of asking a Butler to take our luggage up to the room but we decided to just take it ourselves as it was quiet.

I was impressed with the rooms they were a decent size and the beds comfortable. Out of the three hotels the Wave has my favourite rooms and the Ocean a close second. But overall out of the three hotels ( I have stayed in them all now) the Ocean is my favourite overall for the look, feel, food and staff it does win.

We had fun on the resort as well. My husband had a go on the high wire thing this time and enjoyed that. We had a great time with the fair and the new helter skelter was thoroughly enjoyed by my 7 year old. The long swings ride was missing this time and on the day before we left they were putting a new ride in its place called the 'Twister' which is my favourite type of ride. But we left at 10.am the next day to I didn't get a chance to have a go on it before we departed. Which is a shame. I hope it's still there when we go back!

The children loved the Red Coat's disco's and the Skyline Gang shows. Once again they were well put together and pulled off. We cant take our smaller children into the theatres shows in the evening but next time I am told my parents want to come with us so maybe my husband and I will get a chance to sample some of the shows.

On the first night my 2 year old son who was trying to get over septic tonsillitis threw up and we called the housekeeping and at 4am they sent a butler up and he gave us fresh sheets and took the soiled ones away. He was kind enough as well to ask us how my son was doing each time he saw us. A nice touch and very appreciated. When we first visited our children got ill (not the resorts fault) and the staff in the Wave had to help with our children being sick all over beds and they were very helpful with that too.

The food was excellent we were on the Hotel Dining Plan and our kids ate free this time. The choice and quality was great and we enjoyed some great dinners. I was especially happy with the lovely little starters they had like salmon and prawn mousse and pork and duck terrine . Soooo tasty! the lamb curry was also excellent!. My children can be a right pain with food but the ice cream machine kept them quiet and the option to add sprinkles and marshmallows was very welcomed by them.

Now I feel terrible for not remembering names but the time we were there 31/03 - 04/04 the lady with the dark short hair that worked the restaurant door was just lovely and so cheery. The chef that worked the pasta made to order station was charming and nothing was too much trouble for her and the two butlers that worked those days were outstanding in their helpfulness and kindness and very knowledgeable about the park and what you can and cant do. One of them picked the luggage from our room on check out day and stored it for us (this is a service they offer) so we could enjoy a little more time on the park before we left. He then bought it to the car when we were ready to go, outstanding service!. And I am so sorry I can't remember anyone's names.

Not really any negatives for the place I didn't use the Splash Waterworld as I tried it the first time we went and opposed to the rest of the resort I do feel it lets the side down a bit. I am sure Butlins have plans to re vamp it and I really hope they put them into action soon. The rest of the place I was perfectly happy with. If you book with the intention of using the splash waterworld every day then perhaps you would be better to book the Skegness Butlins as they have a brand new water world now. If you want to book for excellent hotels, food and a lovely area (Bognor Beaches are lovely and well maintained) then book here.

Yes shops and gifts on the site are a little pricey but that goes for any resort anywhere where there is a captive audience. I do believe though the choice of free/included things to do does balance this out very well. So it's not really something to complain about or be surprised about. You can also pop into any of the hotels and enjoy the facilities. We all went for a drink while my children (and husband) played in the games room at the Wave . Then one day we went to the Shoreline and used the excellent play area there as my children love the water and sand play area.

End of the day the holiday is what you make it. I don't try and look for fault unless there is one staring me in the face and I have to say I could not find major fault with anything here on this stay.

My family and I cant wait to go again I only wish I had the money to book again right now.!

Room Tip: 319 was high enough for me with Vertigo! has a lovely view as well you can see all the park and the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Esandi81
Reviewed 7 April 2014

What can I say, very impressed. It has been about 15 years since i last visited butlins and it has really moved on. We stayed in the Ocean hotel and the pictures on the website are very accurate, it was very clean, spacious and the most comfortable bed I have slept in! The staff were fantastic and very attentive, they were all brilliant with my 4 year old son, who loved all of them to pieces. The restaurants were good, we had the dining package and changed this on 2 of the nights to sample Beachcomber Inn and Turners and we were not disappointed. The fairground rides were well received by my son, who kept going on the plane ride over and over and over agin, so good job it was free!! The only thing that needs to be updated was the Splashworld, it is very dated and quite small for the amount of visitors to the resort. Would definitely recommend to families of all ages.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We always stay here for the adult only weekends. Just got back from a fantastic 80's weekend feeling exhausted and hungover but we had the best time. Hotel is lovely and clean, beds are comfy and the rooms are fairly quiet. The chairs and carpets in the room could do with a steam clean as they are a little grubby but that's my only gripe. Reception staff never seemed very happy but the housekeeping team are very friendly and full of smiles. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank superhoopsLondon
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This review is off the hotel within the Butlins compound at Bognor. The good rating on the hotel does in no way reflect my opinion of the Butlins camp itself. That was terrible in so many ways but I will concentrate on the hotel.

The room was clean and everything was of a good standard. There was a nice sized TV which had all of the freeview channels. There was free WiFi throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was excellent quality with a good range of hot and cold food. It was half term so the hotel was packed and the restaurant was full of kids running around. This is to be expected I guess but it was very noisy and busy.

Staff were good and tried to deal with the large numbers wanting their attention but they needed more staff.

Overall, we liked the Ocean Hotel - it was a high point in what was a very poor weekend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PhilBJ10
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Went with not knowing what to expect. But had an absolute ball! On resort Ocean Hotel was well fitted and tidy with comfy beds. The 80's entertainment was fantastic. Saturday is a fancy dress must. Everybody was briliant, no hassle and just partied like nutters till 4 or 5 in the morning. Fantastic value! This will now be an annual event!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank markfranks62
Reviewed 8 January 2014

When we visit butlins, we normally stay in the silver accommodation, but on this occasion, we thought we would treat ourselves and stay in the hotel instead.
After paying £687 to stay in the ocean hotel for 3 nights, (Fri-Mon, Christmas fantasy), I was expecting something a bit upmarket to the usual accommodation, but have to say I was highly disappointed.
On the day we arrived we were given a room 101, but on entering the room, not only was there a strong smell of stale cigarettes, but also the carpet was soaking wet and flooded, (there was even a machine left in the room to suck up the water).
Obviously we wasn't going to stay there. When we complained to the lady behind the counter, she couldn't understand why we were so annoyed about being given this room, and got quite stroppy with us. She then informed us that we should never have been given that room in the first place, then gave us a new room, 107.
Once again on entering the room, there was a strong smell of stale cigarettes, so bad it took your breath away everytime you entered the hotel room. As none of us smoke, it was very unpleasant.
Guests are not supposed to smoke in the rooms, but clearly no-one takes any notice, (even the bedding in the childrens bedroom stank of cigarettes). Also the carpet was filthy and covered in stains, and I was surprised by the lack of space there was to hang your clothes, (a tiny wardrobe for 4 people).
There was a tv in the childrens bedroom aswell as the lounge, but unfortunately the tv in the childrens bedroom, you couldn't get the bbc channel or the cbeebies channel, which was a shame because that's my 4 year olds favourite channel, and the signal on the tv in the main room kept going. Plus there was no lock on the bathroom door, (no good if you like your privacy).
Also, if you don't like a good nights sleep, then this is the place to stay. Not only did we have the sound of the neighbours toilet flushing, what seemed like every 5 minutes, we also had some inconsiderate people that decided to make as much noise as possible at stupid o'clock, laughing and shouting and keep banging on their hotel door all the time.
On our first day we decided to take our 4 year old to the fair, the whole morning he kept going on about us going on the dodgems and couldn't wait to get there, unfortunately when we got there, there was a massive puddle in the middle of it, (i'm guessing due to the bad weather), no-body's thought, but still another let down to our holiday.

On the plus side, the hotel restaurant was lovely, and the staff were very friendly. It was nice not having to go out in the rain everytime you went for breakfast or dinner, and most of the staff in the hotel itself were very polite and helpful.

Overall, I would definitely NOT stay in the hotel again, it's way too overpriced in my opinion. Maybe we were just unlucky that both rooms we were given were not of a good standard, but how butlins can justify charging this much money to stay here is beyond me, it should've been a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel
Navigator Hotel
Navigator Hotel
#10 of 26 in Bognor Regis

Been to Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis? Share your experiences!