“Perfect break for toddlers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis
Ranked #6 of 26 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I hadn't been to Butlins since I was a kid but wanted to try it since returning from a very stressful holiday to Tenerife where my 16 month old daughter. I needed to find a holiday that would keep her busy and happy and Butlins certainly did.
The hotel is lovely and the service excellent - especially Reception who were always very helpful and never over busy. The rooms are modern and have more than you could ever want. The beds were comfortable and it was all spotlessly clean. 24hr room service is nice too when you are in most of the evening as your little one sleeps. Yes, this is all important BUT the what makes Butlins super is how much there is to do. My daughter had soft play (sensibly split into age restricted areas), swimming, a trip to the beach, shows, Bob the Builder, puppet shows,dancing, pot painting....and lots more, some we didn't even get round to. She loved Billy the Bear and 'bear' is now one of her new words. She also loved the 'disco' lifts in the hotel and now dances in all lifts. And it was all included in the very reasonable price! Since she was happy, I was happy and she slept so well at night after all the activities. She loved it so much she cried whenever we went near the car as she thought we were going to leave...and my daughter never cries!
The children's activities all end by 9pm, which is more than late enough (they start early) and my daughter was ready for bed by then. On the first night, however, since my daughter was still lively as she had slept in the car all the way there we did walk over to Reds. I wouldn't recommend this with young children. This part does need updating (a new carpet at the very least) and the entertainment wasn't very good either. When we return I wouldn't bother going over to the main part after 9. We left pretty soon and headed to the bar at the hotel for a quick drink and this was much better.

With regard to some reviews claiming the people there are 'rough' I would like to say that yes, there are a lot of tattoos and football shirts around, and it seemed to be more like that in Reds, but everyone we met and all the children were perfectly nice. When my daughter decided to throw the stuffed toys around in the shop a couple of really nice young lads offered to put them all back for me while I chased after her. If you are going for a break with your toddler I don't think this will be a concern.

What's left to say apart from we will definitely be returning very soon. My daughter can't wait...And neither can I!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis

Reviewed 7 June 2010

When we got to the hotel, it looked nice. First impressions were that there were loads to do there but after the first day we realised that it was just the same thing. You'd have to take loads of money for all the good things such as the go karts and to keep the children entertained. The night time entertainment was good - we had Jamie Archer from X Factor and George Sampson from Britain's got talent performing, and they were fantastic. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had dinner from papa johns which was very tasty. Waterpark was ok. You'd need to stay here 2 nights max.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel
Navigator Hotel
Navigator Hotel
#10 of 26 in Bognor Regis

Been to Ocean Hotel at Bognor Regis? Share your experiences!