“No major issues - Great Place for you and your family!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Just returned from my 3 night break from Butlins. I have been before and reviwed it fully at that time so will keep this one fairly brief. I usually go with just my children, but this time I brought my neice and nephew.

Stayed in a 3bedroom silver terrace which was clean & tidy - no complaints - very pleased to see they fit in a modern bathroom with granite finishes & chrome radiator - nice power shower. As stated in my previous review the showers are really small. On the first night I could only get really hot water or cold, I managed to shower, but the next day I let them know that it was a problem, and they sent an engineer round and had it fixed by the time I came back!!!

Another thing they are doing in the rooms now are having the TV in the room at ceiling height - very annoying if you want to watch telly and your not lying down!! Also it was annoying that it was a 3 rooms, and only 1 small TV for the whole apartment.

We all really enjoyed our time @ Butlins this is my 5th time and entertainment is still great for the kids, so much to do from morning till night - it can still get expensive but this time I really had to limit how much time the spent on them bloody arcades ;-) so it wasn't so bad this time. Football coaching was great as was the swimming pool, although that did get very packed!!

One thing that I don't think is very good is the closing time of the pool and bike/scooter hire, and funfair - thier opening hours are 10-6. I've never really understood why they close early espiecially in the summer when it don't get dark till late!! The guy said its because they have shows and stuff in the evening, but I'm sure not everyone wants to sit through them all bleedin night - maybe its a money making thing - apart from the shows in the evening the kids can either play football, watch the shows or..............go to the arcades!!! Butlins no what thier doing!

Went Halfboard and the food is just fine - all you can eat!! I went 1 week before the summer holidays and to be honest this is the time I preferred most - not to busy - during the school holidays in can get mad. Queues for funfair and swimming are also really busy.

Activities are great so much for them to. Also thier is more for teenagers to do now also. The spa looked lovely although I didn't try it - the fish pedicure looked fun!!

All in all Butlins is a great place for people of all ages, all the staff are so helpful & friendly - my neice an nephew said its like a little village and it really is.....all my lot were walking around at night without me, and they felt all grown up - it just feels safe.

As I said on my previous review - it can get expensive but just set your budget and you'll be fine.

Do do to Butlins....you'll have a great time - and by the way book through the sun holidays if you can as it will save you so much money - I done it for the 1st time and saved alot compared to normal rates - although you can't upgrade.

1  Thank cantwaitformehol

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Excellent service from all the staff, including in shops and restaurants. Great free sports activities for the kids but they get booked out very quickly so I would advise booking everything you want to do for the whole of your stay on the day you arrive. We stayed in silver chalet accommodation, which had everything you need and the beds were really comfortable. We were also very close to the pavillion where everything goes on which was very handy when we needed to pop back and fetch things for the kids. We tried to save money by going self catering and using the many restaurants on site (which were very good), but this worked out quite expensive so I would pre book the breakfast and evening meal option on any future visits. I would suggest that Butlins is more suitable for families with kids under 8, but there are lots of free clubs and activities for older children too.

Room Tip: Accommodation - twin room in silver, self catering chalet.
Reviewed 21 July 2011

As a first time visitor I was cautious of booking a holiday family at Butlins as I had this image of cheap accomadation, tacky entertainment and poor value for money. How wrong I was.
Have now ditched for the foreseeable future my yearly holiday to Center Parcs and have vowed never to return in favour of Butlins.
Great value for money, loads for the kids to do without charge and never felt that any of the chargeable items were overpriced to what can sometimes be a capative audience.

Thank you Butlins for a great Holiday.......

Reviewed 21 July 2011

We spent a week at Butlin's. Our granddaughter loved the dance class with Angelina and Disco with Barney. Our teenage son enjoyed lots of tournaments in pool and darts. Fencing classes, rugby and cricket classes, ane a variety of others kept him busy and entertained.
The rooms were large and pretty clean. Workers, especially at classes were friendly and fun!
The water park and pool were warm and loads of fun, especially the funnel slide. We spent a lot of time in the water.
Great family fun!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed in a gold apartment and if this was gold I shudder to think what silver or standard must be like, the place was ancient, I felt like i had stepped back in time when I walked through the doors it was just awful. We were supposed to be there a week but managed to negotiate a refund on 4 nights. The swimming at the resort was also very old and they just allowed everyone in making it impossible to even move it was just wall to wall people with no control over how many people were in the pool, it was not a good experience at all. The entertainment was fine and football coaching for my 7 year old was fantastic but overall it was a huge dissapointment and I would NEVER go back. I'll probably have nightmares about the grotty apartment forever more. Butlins needs to move with the times, perhaps 30 years ago those types of apts were a home from home but not in this day and age.

Room Tip: Don't go near it, spend your money on something else
3  Thank travismc
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Had a great time even though it rained most of the time,we stayed in the silver room that was as we expected from the picture on the web site, the entertainment was great the staff very helpful and friendly, plenty to do and see, children well catered for with activities going on all over the park , with characters and shows that allowed the children to join in. I absolutly loved the bedrock show which mixed singing with a circus act, the wrestling was great fun too and was enjoyed by both children and adults, entertainment in the centre stage was extreamly good and we enjoyed a varied range of shows every night including a brilliant take that tribute band, as well as a good singalong the following night with an abba tribute, as well as other shows inbetween, the park was very clean and well cared for. the fun fair was good and included dodgems and a carosell as well as a couple of other rides that were free, they also had a bicycle hire on site but i thought that it was a little expensive for the time allowed, and would have been happier if they would have extended the allowed thirty minutes to and hour or reduced the hire price,the resturants were a little expensive too but as a special treat they would be fine they did have an incententive as some of them had a kids eat free policy. In all though i would highly recommened Butlins as a great holiday destination for anybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gillilan
Reviewed 19 July 2011

WE STAYED AT THE OCEN HOTEL - BUTLINS. The hotel is fantastic, light clean and modern and spotless clean. All the staff are so friendly and clean and attentive. The hotel food was superb. All the dishes were quality cooked food with lots of choice for everyone. We had different dishes every night. The dishes are always hot and left never waiting for more dishes. I am wheat intollerant and dishes were clearly labeled and so I felt confident eating the dishes. The breakfast was lovely, always hot and plent of choice from the specials fruit bowls with fresh fruit and melon. The eggs that were cooked were hot and the bacon not greasy and dry. The food was excellent and the waiter service was quick and prompt with your drinks on a evening. There is a lovely bright terrace were you can have a lovely fresh sandwich and a latte and just watch the world go by while the rest of the family go swimming. The whole complex is safe and clean and the family entertainment was lovely. We had a great time and came back with a sun tan as well.

Room Tip: We booked our breat last year with the discounts applied and so got it less than half price.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!