“Fun sea sand and more fun”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 25 March 2012

me & my family had a great time cant wait 2 go back everythink was clean & tidy just wish we,had stayed longer four night is just not enough

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mossy87

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed in the Shoreline hotel 19/03/2012 - 23/03/2012. The hotel rooms were clean and bright and geared up for young children and very well equipped. We had a dining package, breakfast and evening meal and there was always plenty of choice each day. Our three year old daughter enjoyed the entertainment and friendliness of the staff and didn't want to come home! All in all, a good value break.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We have just had the most fantastic family break. Butlins has changed and is really trying to get it right.Just had 4 night break in the Shoreline Hotel, Bognor Regis. My last memory of Butlins was about 10 years ago with plastic matresses, leaking baths and shabby accomodation.
Now a family with a 2 year old we decided to give it another chance purely as the hotels looked nice and with all activities we knew there would be lots to do.
The Shoreline hotel is very child friendly as it is advertised for the under 5's. Our little boy loved the bunk beds area as he thought it was like a little den. Thomas, Bob, Angelina, Barney were all there and he was blown away. The pool was great too, just right for little ones but busy at times.
We went DB&B. Food was excellent at all times. Great choice and well cooked.
I would recommend this to anyone. We were suprised just how good it's been. Four nights in modern hotel DB&B with all entertainment £350 it was great value for money.

Room Tip: Ocean and shoreline hotel rooms all looked nice. Would recommend rather than the apartments. Shoreli...
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and my 2.5 year old daughter have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort staying in a Silver self catering apartment.

My initial reaction was one of shock. The silver apartments are right next to the new Wave Hotel complex which is still under construction. If you are unlucky to be in one right next to this development then it is almost akin to living on a building site. We were lucky enough to be moved as the site wasn't at full occupancy, but having said that I think it's poor that Butlin's don't mention this more clearly.

Accommodation was average to say the least. Carpets were shabby, shower room was so tiny even my 2.5 year old struggled to get in with the door open (the toilet blocks entrance). The shower itself was a disgrace as I had to remove the shower head in order to get a trickle of water from it.

My main point of concern was regarding the cleanliness of the actual room we had. On the morning after our arrival I noticed medication under the bed. This clearly indicated that the room hadn't been cleaned correctly. What was more worrying was the potential for real danger if my daughter had discovered it before me and had placed it in her mouth.....worrying indeed!

The actual site itself is very well equipped, with excellent entertainment, swimming pool, fantastic reps, and great places to eat and drink. These points combined with the free fun fair and atmosphere made our holiday special. My daughter loved meeting all her TV characters and we enjoyed quality time with her. As this was a holiday for my daughter rather than for us I would have to say it was a success.

In summary, for an entertainment packed and fun break for children this place is fantastic. However, think about upgrading to one of the hotels if you are wanting a decent standard of accommodation.

2  Thank faramir
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our Bognor Regis resort.

I was pleased to read that you all loved the facilities and managed to enjoy some quality time together.

I’m really sorry to read that you were disappointed with your accommodation. I can understand that when you come away on holiday you want your time with us to be as comfortable, clean and safe as possible, so I was very concerned to read of how you found you accommodation.

So I can ensure your apartment is given a thorough deep clean and maintenance before the next break, I’d be most grateful if you could email me at tripadvisor@butlins.com with your accommodation number and village name and I’ll pass this onto our maintenance team.

Our Wave Hotel construction is going well, however, I’m disappointed it wasn’t explained to you at the time of booking. Where possible, we have moved guests to quieter accommodations to make sure their time with us is as relaxing as possible. I’ve passed your comments to our contact centre team leaders to re-iterate this with their teams.

Thank you once again for your review. We’d love to come back and stay again, next time perhaps for a stay in one of our hotels to see if that suits your family better.

Kind Regards,

Serene

Butlins Customer Care

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed 12th til 16th March in a Neptune family room, three children 6,4 & 2. We have stayed at butins minehead before twice, staying in silver and gold accomodation. But this was our first time to Bognor Regis, as Minehead was not available, and our first time staying in a hotel. The room was fantastic, so modern, clean and fantastic views over the pavilion and fun fair. My daughters loved there own bedroom with Tv which was great, but the only problem we found was there was no door to the girls room, so when we put them to bed, we couldn't watch tv until they had gone to sleep, as they could hear tv and us talking, which caused few probs for us getting them off to sleep. Maid service was fantastic, and always immaculately cleaned on our 1st morning we left plates soaking in the sink, only to come back and them all washed and dried!!. We stayed room only, as we tried h/b before and found daughters didnt want much for breakfast, so this time we bought a cheap argos toaster, and did our own breakfast in our room which worked alot better for us. The mood lighting in the bedrooms and bathroom, was a great hit with us all. The shower has to be the best shower we have ever used!!. The whole hotel was fantastic, in on our price we paid for our break we had free use of the family carts which where 4 wheeled pedal carts that we drove around the park which where good, but so uncomfortable. We didnt use the free archery and other activities as this didnt suit our daughters. But the best bit has to be the disco lifts, with music and disco lighting, the times the lifts opened and people where still dancing to the music was so funny, and we soon found us ll doing the same :). On our check out day, we used the free butler service, where a butler put all our bags onto a trolley and took them to our car, well worth it with 3 kids to look after and made our check out really easy and stress free. For us Bognor regis is much better laid out for 3 younger children, with te indoor fun fair, and easy acces to everything staying at the hotel, and when we book again it will be definately to the Bognor Regis and to stay in the hotels. The only let down for our stay and staing room only was that turners restraunt was closed for the week, pappa johns, only opened at 5pm,and unlike Minehaed there is no proper bakery/pasty shop. So instead of paying £10 for lunch consisting of pasties and curly fries or a sandwhich, we found us going for a proper meal which was costing us £30 just for lunch, maybe things change when you go in season and over school hols, but with only the pub and the coffee bars/hotels selling little snacks there wasnt much choice for lunch. The reps are amazing, my 2yr old soon figured out who they where and she was obsessed with participating in the shows, the reps really made her feel welcome, and I can't speak highly enough of them all. Guarenteed you will always see a happy member of staff in Butlins. On the thursday night we watched the Beauty and the Beast panto - FANTASTIC, another great panto from the butlins crew. Can't wait to go again, our 4 hour journey there is soo worth it :)

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pavilion and funfair, a must if you have kids.
3  Thank Bekkycat
Reviewed 18 March 2012

3rd stay at Butlins, Bognor - stayed in a 3 bed gold apartment (a generous upgrade from the gold 2 bed I had booked - many thanks Guest Services), everything was clean & well maintained, only problems encountered with the apartment was that the shower head would not stay in 1 place & the shower tray was very slow to drain. Bought the break at half price, which was excellent value, as there is so much to entertain small children that is included in the price. Did not visit the spa this time (have been twice in the past) but can thoroughly recommend it if you get any time to yourself - lovely & relaxing & definitely worth it, even without additional treatments.
Bought my little girl swimming lessons (5 pounds per half hour) & they were amazing! The lad who taught them (sorry forgotten his name - was teaching March 13th-15th) really encouraged them & was actually in the water with the children helping them progress - think 6 is the maximum per class, but as it was a quiet week there were only 3 children, which meant each one got even more coaching. They also got a badge & certificate which she loved.
This was the 1st time of our 3 visits we got the dinner & breakfast plan - will NEVER be doing it again. For all it was supposedly "premium", there is no choice in where you could eat & the times you could eat were quite limited. It is definitely aimed at quantity over quality (& in some respects I don't blame the company - some people seem to view the "all you can eat" tag as a personal challenge). Breakfast was good although my daughter was a bit upset they did not offer pancakes every day (alternated with omelettes?). By day 3 I asked if I could pay any upgrade to eat somewhere different, e.g. the hotel restaurants or Turners-as on holiday it is a change of scenery even if the food is similar. Got told in no uncertain terms I could not do this, without any real explanation why - I was willing to pay the difference & not asking for the moon on a stick?! Even with trying to manage catering numbers, why is it unfeasible just to book somewhere the day before & pay any difference owed? Well, too inflexible for me, so we'll go back to eating off site & catering for ourselves which is far cheaper & better quality.
To summarise Butlins is ideal if you have pre-school & primary school age children - would I go again? A definite yes for the next couple of years, my 5 year old loves it, which overcomes any problems I have with it - just thoroughly recommend you cook for yourself or eat off site, as we will be doing again.

1  Thank mda04mls
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed here as a treat before the kids started school and I was impressed with the hotel and Butlins as a whole on how much it had changed since I used to go as a kid. The room was clean and spacious and the kids had their own little room which they thought was superb.

The disco lifts brightened the day from the very beginning and we lost count of the number of people we saw, or saw us dancing when the doors opened. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!