“Not good value for money anymore......”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
London
“Not good value for money anymore......”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I've been three years running with my son, now aged 6 (almost 7) Its easy for me to get to and for the two of us it has represented good value for money until now. However there are very few attractions for kids of his age, everything aimed at toddlers or teens it seems. About 90% of the shows were repeats of last years (Titan the bloody robot even had the exact same script)
Shops are overpriced, food average (though plentiful) resort looks tired and in desperate need of modernization. Money being spent on new hotels would be better invested in entertainment and attracting repeat business. AND my room smelt funny (before I arrived I hasten to add.....)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The rooms are nice and clean - no batteries in remote controls, but we had some anyway.

The beds are tiny, maybe 2 feet so that took a bit of getting used to, but very comfortable.

There were fresh towels everyday, but the sheets could have done with being changed as some hot chocolate was spilled and it would have been a nice gesture.

The food in the hotel was of good quality and each evening meal was delicious. The breakfast was same old, but breakfasts always are no matter where you go.

The resort was ok, lots to do the first couple of days, but everything seems to be catch a penny - we weren't made aware where the shows were so sat in teh pavillion each night and that was for VERY small children - but still entertaining.

Overall, thsi was a great break for the children - I would recommend going as everyone was very friendly and it's nice to get away.

dartford
Reviewed 10 April 2012

my family age group 1 to 79 spent the weekend at butlins bognor regis in 4 standard apartments which would have been more aptly described as sub standard they were in dire need of refurbishment. we opted for premium dining in the deck restaurant in which dinner was served from 18.00 to 19.30 but if you went in after 19.00, the food which had sat there since before 18.00, was being cleared away and the wine waiter advised the bar was closing at 19.30 a case of good food being spoilt by not being freshly cooked.the activities were also very expensive and there were few free rides for the children
the staff tried to be very helpful but management obviously do not inspect the units ,which should closed down until they are refurbished,and the chefs do not put away dried out food from the hot trays and replace it with freshly cooked food

Room Tip: dont stay in a standard apartment
Surrey
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had a stay at butlins Bogner Regis this April 2012 food very good excellent choice of menu.
However this is where the good bit ends four nights of terrible entertainment teenage Redcoats dancing on stage to nothing followed by long breaks for yet another tots disco.
Centre stage smells like a cats toilet.
Accomadation needs updating from the eighties.

Room Tip: Best to go for a room with kitchen/Diner
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a family room in the Ocean Hotel. The room was fab, super den for the kids with free DVD and DS game hire to keep them happy! The breakfast was fantastic, great choice and very good value for money. I didn't get a chance to try the spa but it looked gorgeous!

Overall the resort was clean, loads to do and it has converted a Center Parcs family to a funkier, livelier resort with much more value for money and loads more to do - well done Butlins, we'll be back!!

• Stayed April 2012
Greater London
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very poor value for money. We have stayed at Butlins Bognor a number of times, in Deluxe one bedroom, Deluxe two bedroom, Silver and Silver Plus and this year decided to try the Ocean Hotel, so much more expensive than all other accommodation. Daughter and I had twin bedded room - the most uncomfortable bed I have ever been in. So narrow when I lay on my side with my knees pushed up (as I normally sleep) either my bottom was falling off or my knees were. Much is made of the fact that bathroom toiletries and towels are supplied but we only got a small set of toiletries that was not replaced or topped up and only got one big towel each and a small towel between the two of us - Three in total - why 3? two into three won't go. There was no soap dish so I popped the small soap bar into a plastic cup which presumably was meant for toothbrushes. I would not bemoan the lack of a soap dish in a Silver room but - in the Hotel? At this price? I have never seen such long queues for food when eating at both the ordinary food courts and the premium food courts (The Yacht club). Only one morning did I see a few croissants and they were not particularly fresh or inviting (plenty of croissants and danish at the Yacht club last year). They advertised that unlimited tea and coffee was included, but I was only able to get one cup of coffee (waitress difficult to get hold of) and it tasted of dishwater. If you want a cappuccino with your breakfast you have to walk round to the bar, try to grab a member of staff, and then - I have never seen anyone take so long to make a cappuccino. My daughter was about to send a search party, and it's an extra £2.80 for medium cappuccino. Rather mean considering how much the hotel costs. At least at the premium dining court there is a machine that (if memory serves) dispenses cappuccino without further ado. At dinner they take ages to bring your drinks (extra - they are included in the premium dining court) and are very slow at clearing plates from your table as you progress through your meal. It would not stop me coming back to Butlins but I would not wish to stay at the Ocean again.

2 Thank Berta_Mason
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We have just come back from Butlins Bognor Regis, staying at the Shoreline Hotel. We usually go to Minehead, and love it there too, Bognor, whilst smaller than Minehead, had all the activities and entertainment you associate with Butlins, and the Shoreline Hotel was fantastic, they do such a lot for children with the Billy Bear activities, our 5 year old daughter loved every minute, and sobbed when it was time to pack to come home!

We are now looking to book again in August and next Easter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!