I have just spent a four night break at the Wave Hotel Butlins Bognor Regis with my two kids of 8 and 6. We had booked a Reef Apartment which was fantastic, gave us room to enjoy the experience in a bright and airy enviornment, great bathroom, large reception area, lounge, kitchen, diner and good bedrooms. Had a b and b option which was enough with two young kids but it was a walk to the Beachcomber for breakfast and in the sunshine it was great and a relaxed way to start the day. In the evening you could cook in the apartment as well equipped or you could order take away from places like Papa Johns pizza and pasta that the kids enjoyed as they were able to deliver kid sized pizzas. There is a 24 hour Tesco close by but you will need a car or taxi and plenty of other options in and around Bognor if you wanted something different. Kids were well catered for and entertainment was covered at every angle and opportunity but Splashworld was a blast. Leave your preconceived ideas about Butlins at the door as my opinion was changed two years ago when we first stayed at the Ocean Spa Hotel. You will see things you dont like but that can happen in The Maldives but the enviornment Butlins has created allows you to have a good break that you can enjoy especially if you have young kids. The Wave is a great place to stay for four nights and Butlins should stretch the hotel side of the business across all resorts to accomodate the changing requirement of holiday makers in the UK and Sussex is such a great place tyo spend some time if you get fed up with redcoats and arcades. Take another look at Butlins it will make you smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex