“Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was our second year at Butlins, I'm not a fan of the whole holiday camp experience, but Butlins is something else and the kids love it. We stayed at the Ociana Hotel, its clean, well thought out with a kids den style bedroom, free dvd rental and wifi. Very clean, very friendly staff and a great time for the kids. The entertainers are fantastic, the Jessie J impressionist was great. Our kids loved the climbing wall and even though there is the normal upsell everywhere, its easy to resist. Swimming facilities are great, though the riverraft was out of action for some parts. This ins't your normal grotty holiday camp its so much more.

Papa John's Pizza is probably the best place to eat with really good quality pizza and salad, if you time it right. We had a really great time despite the terribly cold weather.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Suedebim
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)

Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Midweek break over Easter. Stayed in octopus room in wave hotel. Wow what a fab room, great shower with colour changing lights, kids bunks with tv and DVD no complaints here the room was well thought out, main room fab too, just can't complain it was so lovely with extra touches such as the lights around the bed. Iron and board and safe all included. Great games room which the kids loved, play stations, wiis, laptops etc. checked in at 12pm and room was ready which was a plus. Fairground been revamped and plenty to do all round. Booked meals in coral beach and By last night was fed up with the rubbish. It was kind of same old same old. Next time I will pay for the upgrade for meals. Shows were ok but not impressive especially after queuing for them. My kids had fun and didn't want to leave so this makes me very happy.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cornsyyorkie
Reviewed 5 April 2013

For a weeks holiday, it wasn't too bad apart from the weather. All the redcoats were very friendly and helpful, especially with info about the kids clubs. The Gold Apartment was nice and clean. I had good fun not having to wash up as we had a dish washer in the kitchen area. My only gripes about it are that the week that we had there was a bit of a repetition with the entertainment. Why have a Take That tribute act on a Thursday night then have them again the next night. I wouldn't mind but the entertainment in the other bars were rubbish. The other moan I have is the prices for food and drinks. £3.50 for a Carlsberg, that is dear. I did tell one of their staff that as all the rooms now have keycards, why not have a device that allows all guests staying to scan the keycards letting them have a discount on whatever it is they are purchasing whether it is food or drink, and the day visitors can pay the full cost. At the end of the day the people staying there for their holiday have paid a lot of money. Even more if its school holiday time. Easter Egg hunt and Easter Sunday delivery were a BIG BONUS for our Son.

Room Tip: We stayed at Gold Atlantic Bay area and that was a good place to stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 4 April 2013

had to have room re-cleaned because looked like not been dusted, added to with a broken bathroom door and safety chain on front door. standards in papas and beachcomber dropped but on brighter note great service from mark r in centre & rachael from bar facing went out of her way to entertain my son just like shiv from the theatre, even on her own time (shiv) hannah from hots was great with him too. great service from booking shop offering me a cheap upgrade due to problems to the shoreline for adult break in few weeks

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank peter g
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My Wife and I travelled with our baby daughter for a four night say. We stayed in a standard room which I expected to be no-frills and basic. However.....
Drugs found in the room, Mould was everywhere, an inch gap under the front door resulted in a freezing room for the entire stay. The window catch was broken in the Baby's room and we found shards of glass on the floor. The beds in this room were also squeezed in at right angles and so the ends touched.
The whole place had cobwebs, a layer of dust and was generally disgusting - My wife had to re-clean the bathroom.
A complaint to Butlins has got nowhere, they could not be less interested.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
21  Thank 14Family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Social Media manager at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent break to Butlins Bognor Regis.

The issues that you've outlined about are extraordinary and unacceptable, and we're really sorry that your break was not up to the standards that it should have been.

We'd really like to resolve this issue as soon as possible, so please can you contact me to discuss this further at tripadvisor@butlins.com.

Kind regards,

James

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I am actually on our second day and I'm do disappointed we travelled from the north especting the facility to be a high standard. We paid 900.00 for apartments gold standard I'd hate to see bronze. Worn out tired place facility look like they haven't been touched since 60's staff don't help and your left to roam around and find your own way. No organisation staff don't know anything. Food is tasteless un imaginative all restaurant (canteen) are cold dirty. Without continuing. By time you done 4 days arcade to kill boredom we could have gone to Spain for two weeks. Never ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank OliverKevin1973
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at the Oyster Bay Appartments for a four night break. Although the weather was vey cold for the time of year (March) the appartments were very warm, using the heating supplied. I was concerned that the beds might not be comfortable, but we were very pleasantly surprised. We found the food to be very good in both quality and pricing, we tried Papa Johns and the Beachcomber Inn. Any staff that we had contact with were very polite and helpful, even to the point of stopping to answer a query if they overheard us talking. It is worth trying the Spa in the Ocean Hotel at £19 per person for two hours we thoght that this was good value for the money.
We didn't have any children with us but were aware of the many shows and activieties available on site.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Avisford Park
#5 of 7 in Arundel
6 mi away
Premier Inn Chichester Hotel

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!