Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel(Felpham)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$348
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
3,841 results
All reviewsocean hotelwave hotelatlantic baysilver apartmentoystersself cateringmy sonswimming poolred coatspremium diningyacht clubgold apartmentsfood courtfancy dressgreat funall agesfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just returned from shoreline hotel, Bognor. Had good 5 days there and have to say the hotel really is great for young kids.
I have 2 girls under 5 and they loved it, the food in the hotel really is up to 4 star hotel!
I've stayed in hotels around the world and have to say the selection of food is good.
The rooms are clean and of a good standard. The staff in this hotel are so nice and helpful, the manager in this hotel really goes out of her way to help you.
The only thing have to say, I was disappointed in was that they advertise childcare but there is a few spaces twice a week but are all full, even when you first arrive so if you want any free time you won't get any childcare. Also went to the spa and found them bit unfriendly, but Carla who did my massage was really nice.
Overall great hotel, but going to try wave nxt time the rooms are really nice!!

1  Thank Southlondon123
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We went at the end of July from Monday to Monday.
The week was great but on the Friday (the official start of the holiday season) the prices doubled on some things....ie the candy floss went from being £1 to £2 overnight.
Overall the entertainment was brilliant and we enjoyed our week.
We would definitely go again, the staff are great and the children can be children all week!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

'Standard' accommodation in their 'blocks', which look like prisoner of war buildings, could only be described as 1 star - no shower or attachment so you are expected to wash your hair, bent double over the bath. Toilet door would not close (clearly never has), cracked tiles on bathroom floor, which I tripped on!! We were moved to an 'upgraded' apartment & it certainly was a far cry from the standard. Cleaner, a proper bathroom (we had a shower!) & no broken tiles, doors. New neighbours were not great though. Spent our first night lying in bed wondering if they would end up in our room by bashing their way through the wall! We didn't complain but someone else must have. & the following morning, security & staff turned up to throw them out!! Not a nice atmosphere & not something I wanted my 6 year old to be privy to!!

I get that Butlins is for children but WHEN does it stop?? Even the 'late' entrainment was aimed at kiddies or teenagers. There are things for children to do but we didn't want to go to the welcome meeting & found the information we were given was scant because on our last day, we found a lovely sandy playground our daughter would have loved! I didn't go to the pool, my husband did & said it was 'heaving' so for the whole weekend, the children only went once. We attempted to eat on site. We tried 'Turners' that promises local produce. Mmmmm, I find that VERY hard to believe! I had prawn cocktail & it was the most non descript one I have EVER had! Hubby had sausages & his comment was 'these are cheap sausages'. We didn't eat in there again.

I find it hard to be truly honest about this trip for fear of being berated but I just don't get Butlins!! Too noisy, not very clean, accommodation is grim & the food leaves a lot to be desired. Saying all this,we did pop into the hotel that has the Spa. It looked very clean, modern. They had a nice bar menu for snacks & you can sit outside & take in the view of the fairground whilst keeping an eye on your children! This would be a much better option for us if we went again but I wouldn't even think about it until our 6 year old is older & able to explore on their own/with siblings. Until then, I doubt I will go back, except for possibly a soul weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sensigirl97
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Overall, we have had a fantastic 4 nights here this week and I would gladly go back. There is so much I could write about this week so I thought I'd condense it down to pros and cons.

good points:
- loads of kids activities (many free) throughout the day.
- food from the premium dining package was tasty and had a wide variety.
- the swimming pool was large with several water slides, hoses and a wave machine.
- we stayed in room only accommodation, and the room was spotlessly clean.
- the location is perfect - just ten minutes walk to Bognor.
- the circus was absolutely outstanding, we thoroughly enjoyed this.
- the redcoats were friendly and always happy to help.

Bad points:
- queues, queues, queues - I think a better queue management system needs to be implemented as a lot of your time is spent queuing. 45 minutes queue for a water slide cuts into your swimming time!
- the activities should be open later - the funfair and pool closing at 5 is a shame.
- the price of food around the venue is pretty expensive, however rather typical of holidays parks.
- DO NOT BUY B-LINE PASSES -they are a waste of money! Rather than be let in 15 minutes early, most the time we were let in a minute early and when the doors opened a lot of people ran past us to get front row seats. I would NEVER recommend these passes.
- be prepared for how busy the swimming pool gets - I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it!

Overall, myself and my 5 year old daughter had a lovely time here. I would thoroughly recommend downloading the entertainment planner before you go and planning your activities as this saved a lot of time.

2  Thank Lilfunkychicken
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Great entertainment for children and loads to do. Apartment run down and for price would expect better.
Need to update rooms in order to justify price especially bath room.
Half board food really good value and quality.