This was our very first time staying at Butlins and we were not sure quite what to expect as we had received mixed reviews from friends and when reading online. However we had a fantastic 7 nights and we even booked to return next summer.
The break was made on a variety of levels-
1. The Nelson Stateroom- the room was large with a balcony which had the most amazing view of the beach and due to the lovely weather we spent lots of time enjoying the view and sunshine. The room also has full length windows which gave a super view even at night and in the rain. The air conditioning was also a excellent plus.
2- the staff- who were all friendly and very helpful
3- the dine around - we opted for the hotel dining and this meant we could choose another restaurant to eat in the next evening (as long as you booked at least 24 hours in advance by getting a voucher from reception and chose one of the listed restaurants). We would strongly recommend trying Turner's. The food and service is excellent and it was a really relaxing meal unlike eating at the restaurant buffets. Kaleidoscope and Beachcomber were also good.
4- the activities - the free fairground rides, inside and outside, swimming, fencing, birds of prey display, putting Billy to bed and soft play were all hits with various members of our family. We also paid to see the circus (£5 pp) which was another hit. We hardly scratched the surface of the available activities as we did not see any of the free shows in any theatre or the skyline pavilion.
All round a great week away (which to be completely honest I was not expecting to say). Well done Butlins!
Top tip 1- get to breakfast at 7.30 as a long wait for a table with a hungry child/children is never going to make a good start to the day!
Top tip 2- save up for the spending money (especially for the arcades) you are going to need it!!
Top tip 3- want to get away for a bit? Drive to Littlehampton- great beach and even has a little bit of sand, rides and you can go crabbing. Highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex