“a few let downs...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The park was in great order with many rides and activities however we found that some staff were rude and not helpful and there were too many arcade machines everywhere and not enough things for 14-15 year olds to do and we thought that the food was overpriced. However on a positive note, we found the swimming pool had many slides and things to do and we found the hire shop cool where you could hire go karts. We were slightly annoyed too as the hire shop didn't have any closing time signs up outside and as my grandmother had to hire a walking stick, she wasn't told when to bring it back for and by 5.00pm when we got back to the shop it was closed and it took another 20 minutes to get a member of staff from another shop to sort out the deposit for us as we were day visitors and had to bring it back that day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JoshBenjaminAgeros

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Have been to butlins many times .this is my familys worst holiday there .and sadly we will not be going back ....arrived at our silver accomdation to dirty cups...poo all Over the toilet ...blood on the bed sheets and blood on the actual quilt...asked to move rooms but was told no rooms was avaliable for my ramily to be moved to.it then took 3 times for the beds to be changed before we even got clean sheets etc as they too had stains all over them ..poo was cleaned off I was then told that the room wasnt that bad(what a joke)...accomodation team should be ashamed of themselves....we did not manage for 3 nights to get any seat up in the centre stage due to it being so busy and very over crowded..and when we did manage to get a seat on the fourth night.to our horror the ceiling tiles plus water started falling down on peoples head.which carried on threw out are stay..i beleive the focus at butlins now is the hotels and I dont beleive butlins is worth the money you pay anymore...its a shame as its a family tradition to go every october half term ......not any more...........

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank danhagray
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is by far the worse holiday I have ever been on. The wave hotel was closed due to a conference. We were told 4 days before. We hoped that would be the end, but it turns out there was a lot more hill to go down. Main items include, rude staff, dirty everywhere, horrid food (served in a filth restaurant ), arcade machines on every spare space, chaotic breakfast. The last one was strange as this is off peak, in fact I am writing this in the hotel room, and we wonder how they would cope in peak season. I will never come here again, and will tell everyone I ever meet to do the same. However the kids enjoyed the shows and the red coats seem happy, but maybe that's just out of fear for their jobs.

Room Tip: To get the best room, don't come here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank RParkin2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed in silver accomodation (Oyster Bay) without the dining package as we wanted the flexibility to arrange our own meal times.
On arrival (6pm) we had no problems or wait to check in.
I was a little apprehensive about the standard of the apratment because I can be quite fussy, but found it to be clean (although the carpets and skirting boards could do with a good scrub) and it had everything we needed for a 3 night stay.
We have twin 8 year old girls and again I was a little apprehensive that the entertainment might have been a little babyish for them - not at all!! They were kept totally occuplied permanently, in fact we didnt even find the time to go swimming!!
OK so some of the activities we paid for - shambala bracelet making and we bought an activity pass when we booked, but other than that, the pennies they'd saved during the months beforehand kept them busy in the arcades.
The evening entertainment was of a good standard and all of the staff work tirelessly to ensure that all guest have a good time.
We enjoyed ourselves so much we have booked again for Christmas!
If I had one grip it would be of other guests making so much noise at sometimes 3 in the morning!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireMarie600
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent the day at Butlins during half term and certainly won't be going back any time soon! The facilities are totally inadequate for the number of people that could potentially be here. Two large hotels and apartments meant that queues were enormous and every thing was packed! Not sure why, the food was overcooked and tasteless, the pool was packed, smelly and grubby and queues for the flumes were 45 minutes long! The fairground was a waste of time as many of the rides weren't working and any decent rides were at an additional cost. Even the children hated it and wanted to come out. Would not recommend this place at all - waste of money!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have recently visited the ocean hotel for a 3 day weekend break. The hotel looks amazing from the outside. Inside they only have two lifts available to use on all floors. On this occasion we had my disabled nephew with us who is a full time wheelchair user. Although our room was on the 1st floor we still had to use the lift to travel to and from our room. Unfortunately not many able bodied people used the stair case and we were left waiting for the lift sometimes for up to ten minutes. I decided to approach a member of staff at the ocean hotel reception who initially was busy talking to a friend on the phone. When I asked if there was any priority over the lifts he referred me to sign apparently next to the lift which listed the busy times and he advised me to avoid those times (not really addressing the problem). My next issue was the Halloween photo shoot in a zorb, I approached a member of staff and asked if we could take my nephew and his girlfriend who is also a wheelchair user to have their photo taken inside. I was advised that any person going into the zorb must be able to walk up and down the 3 stairs at the back. I asked what alternative they had prepared as we were not the only family who had a wheelchair user with us. The female staff member said that my nephew and his girlfriend could go to the photo booth studio next to the skyline stage anytime between 12 and 6 and they could have there photo taken against a Halloween background. Much to my disappointment when we took my nephew and his girlfriend back on Sunday staff stated that they had a character photo shoot in 10 to 15 minutes and asked if we could come back in 1 hour. It was only when I asked to speak with a manager as I felt my nephew was not receiving fair treatment and I did not feel their disabled facilities were any good. The male staff member with slick hair said that they try to cater for all disabilities but there comes a point where they have to stop through fear of treating them differently. I think any management courses on disabilities and awareness this man had attended the only thing he learnt was not to treat them different but to exclude them. He then agreed to take a photo 2 clicks less than a second later and the photo was taken.
Other bits that let the resort down was no priority seating area for disabled in centre stage, no quick que facility.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Wave Hotel in Bognor Regis Butlins and we would highly recommend it. My son had lots to do and as a result myself and my wife were free to relax and enjoy the holiday. In the daytime there is the beach, swimming pool, rides, and various other activities. The skyline pavilion is also packed with many places to eat. In the evening there are entertaining shows. We will be definitely visiting again in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!