We just loved the shoreline hotel. It had everything we wanted to make it a great holiday. Rooms are everything they claim with more space than we expected and very good value.
Breakfast is good bearing in mind the kids only ate cereals and drank water just like home. We had the full shebang which set us up for the day. I personally would not bother to book dinner again. Maybe it is the buffet concept that make it a pretty poor experience. The cost for four would buy a good meal in a PROPER restaurant. I suppose that is what it did not feel like "A proper Restaurant" Perhaps if they had some kind of service in the evenings like serving starters and desserts could change the perception. Having said all that the kids had NO complaints.
I cannot praise the Red Coats highly enough. Helpful does not start to describe the effort they go to to make it a memorable experience.
Entertainment is Wonderful and the kids went to bed totally exhausted and uncomplaining after busy interesting days.
A most happy experience for the treasured memory chest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex