“Great Holiday for the family”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday for the family”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We just loved the shoreline hotel. It had everything we wanted to make it a great holiday. Rooms are everything they claim with more space than we expected and very good value.
Breakfast is good bearing in mind the kids only ate cereals and drank water just like home. We had the full shebang which set us up for the day. I personally would not bother to book dinner again. Maybe it is the buffet concept that make it a pretty poor experience. The cost for four would buy a good meal in a PROPER restaurant. I suppose that is what it did not feel like "A proper Restaurant" Perhaps if they had some kind of service in the evenings like serving starters and desserts could change the perception. Having said all that the kids had NO complaints.
I cannot praise the Red Coats highly enough. Helpful does not start to describe the effort they go to to make it a memorable experience.
Entertainment is Wonderful and the kids went to bed totally exhausted and uncomplaining after busy interesting days.
A most happy experience for the treasured memory chest.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were VERY acceptable
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alaniow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Polish first
Essex
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Our friend invited us to spend his 55th birthday celebrations with him at Butlins Bognor Regis on the Sussex coast. We were all weaned on the music of the 70s & 80s, so their adult only Disco Inferno weekend seemed a good way to have some fun without breaking the bank. Could this old duffer still enjoy a boogie?

Check in was very efficient with minimal queuing & by the time we had been given our keys we had been welcomed numerous times to the resort by smiling Butins staff. Whilst efficient it later turned out that it was a bit hit & miss as to whether the obligatory wrist band system was properly explained to all. It certainly wasn't to me. Loss of your wristband meant no access to the primary entertainment venues & some shocked guests found that it would cost them up to £50 to replace them.

We all chose the standard room accommodation, which is in the terraced chalet type rooms that must have been around for the last 30 or 40 years. They've been updated & refurbished such that they provide quite comfortable ensuite rooms with TV, tea & coffee making facilities. There are no towels, toiletries or hair dryer though. They are pretty spartan & the thin walls, single glazed windows & metal staircases makes for very noisy moments when the revellers return to their beds. Lights sleepers should take their earplugs. It's worth noting that there is superior accommodation on site but, of course, at a higher price.

We opted for half board premium dining for very little extra & our food was provided at The Deck. This is a fairly modern looking large unit with practical furnishings (no carpet, tablecloths or soft chairs) but has a fairly appealing modern decor. Buffet style service gives you access to a varied selection of quality food. All of our party enjoyed the food & there were drinks dispensers for tea, coffee, water etc. Overall we thought the food was great value for money. Hand sanitisers were located at the entrance for hygiene purposes.

A large marquee style structure in the centre of the resort provided access to most of the nighttime venues. We used centre stage where a combination of live performers & a disco was the order of the evening. The singers & groups varied in quality but overall it was enjoyable, but the DJ running the disco was excellent. The best live act was a lady doing a Madonna tribute act, outstanding. Although this provided the official entertainment, the packed throng of people in the place provided ample opportunity for some interesting people watching. Some people made a spectacular effort to dress up for the occasion, my favourites being the group of girls in full centurion outfits (including helmets & shields), some boys in the Mr Incredible outfits, but top spot goes to someone in a bumblebee outfit from Transformers. Many went dressed in policemen outfits to add to an arresting sight (groan). Others of course dressed more normally & enjoyed a night of talented gyrations or comfortable "Dad" shuffling to the music along with my husband.

Daytime entertainment was available & there was go carting, archery & splashworld to name some of the activities. We mainly socialised together but did take a trip out to the beautiful Chichester, which is only a few miles down the road. In addition to the normal attractions there e.g. Cathedral & Canal, we were also treated to a Remembrance Day parade. Some of the ladies indulged in a little pampering in the spa & reported back that they felt very relaxed & their treatments had been worth having.

The staff are a real credit to Butlins. In the main I found everyone I encountered helpful, welcoming & very willing to help. An example would be Guest Services, where I made them aware that the internet (Wifi) just wasn't working in my room. As I'd paid £15 for the service I didn't think it was acceptable. After trying to solve the problem & having no success they refunded my fee without any trouble. I could still use the Wifi in the public areas, so not as convenient but I could keep in touch. Sadly not all people approached Guest Services in the same polite way as I did, so they needed a medal in my opinion for their calm professionalism in the face of some very unpleasantly phrased requests.

Come here on a package like this with your eyes open, you're not paying for 5 star, so don't expect it. An open mind, a little flexibility & a fun group of friends & you can have a really good time like we did.

Finish to the song....Yes Sir I can Boogie!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Coolonela
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Lovely room. Dining in the Shoreline was not for us. Food OK but often deserts were limited at 6.30 dining. Children's entertainment looked good. We did not use the adult theater as hubby was a bit unwell. (Nothing to do with hotel)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeanandRobin
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

family wise butlins is a great place to go . you can all do your own thing and meet up for dinner . loads of things to do archery .shooting . fun fair . cinema shows the latest films for a fraction of the cost of a regular cinema . plenty of bars for nightlife and plenty of resturants and places to eat . a quick word about the town is pedestrianized and nice

Room Tip: silver apartment
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen I
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had another great stay at the ocean hotel, rooms were clean and tidy, staff were all very helpfull, we were a group of 8 lads and we had a great weekend.
Butlins people if you read this this is the same every year we have been going, Big problems of queuing for drinks in the Sports Bar Bar Rosso and some of the bars in Centre Stage !! YOU NEED MORE BAR STAFF !!
Ohterwise a great weekend had by all

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony P
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Ocean Hotel, Bognor Regis.

It’s great to read that you had a fantastic break overall and found our team helpful and your rooms clean and tidy.

Really sorry you were disappointed by the queues in our bars and venues. We regularly recruit team for all our venues, so I have passed your comments and feedback onto our Bars Manager in Bognor Regis to look at ways things can be improved in future.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to our Bognor Regis resort soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went for an 80s themed weekend - have to say the hotel was fine (Shoreline) in general the staff friendly and helpful - Beer terrible & expensive - but you come to expect that - however the Saturday night was ruined by what has to be the worst DJ ever - i'm sure he must suffer from some sort of ADHD or similar - he had the inability to let a decent track last more than a minute - just as the whole place started dancing - he'd change song - there must have been 2000 groans at this clown every time he did it - he loved the sound of his own voice so much he ruined what should have been a great evening.

Room Tip: Shoreline was OK
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter D
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis Resort.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed staying at our Shoreline Hotel and found our team helpful and friendly. Our Live Weekends cater for guests with many different music tastes, so I was really sorry to read you were disappointed by the DJ on Saturday night and by the beer in our venues too. I have passed your feedback onto our entertainments and bars managers to look at ways things can be improved in future.

Really sorry things weren't perfect for you on your break. We’d love the opportunity to welcome you back to show you how good a Live Music Weekend can be.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a gold room apartment in Atlantic Bay for the 80s weekend. Would dread to think what the standard rooms are like as the gold room was of a low standard - very small, limited/non-existence cooking equipment, cold rooms, old decor, not particularly clean and a shower that definitely was not a power shower. Limited selection of restaurants were open we ate n Turners one night was fine nothing special at all and sadly burger kind for another night which is like any other Burger King. We did bring food with us but the oven did not work very well and had limited cooking equipment. If you stayed for longer you literally do need to bring everything with you. I was here on a hen weekend we had fun in the evenings in the bars. The bar prices were about £20 a round for 4 drinks. It is very dark walking about to the apartments and it is not clear what rooms are what. I would recommend better lighting/security in the evening as we did not feel safe walking around on our own. Also surprisingly we never got searched going into the clubs which is standard in any other club so would not be surprised if they can have trouble in the bars. Would I return? Only if it was a hen weekend i.e I did not really have a choice.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kateb07
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013

We want to ensure all our guests can relax and enjoy their weekends in a safe and secure environment, so I was really sorry to read that things weren't perfect for you during your stay and wanted to address a few of the concerns you mentioned in your review.

The majority of guests staying in our Gold Apartments praise us and always comment on how well equipped our accommodations are, so I was really sorry to read about the condition in which you found your apartment. I hope you were able to speak to one of our Guest Services team, as I'm sure they’d have been happy to help put things right for you. So I can arrange for your apartment to be given some thorough maintenance ready for our next break, please email tripadvisor@butlins.com with the apartment number and row name where you stayed and I can pass this onto our team as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback about the lighting and safety on resort. As I mentioned, we want to ensure all guests can enjoy their breaks in a safe and secure environment. Our Resort Safety team carry out random bag searches on entering every venue. Any guests who cause any disturbances will be escorted out of our venues by our Resort Safety team, so I'm really sorry you felt unsafe on resort. I have passed your comments and feedback onto our Resort Safety Manager in Bognor Regis to look at ways things can be improved for all guests in future.

We’re really sorry you were disappointed, however would love the opportunity to welcome you back to show you how good a Butlins Music Weekend can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
#7 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!