Wow Wow Wow. I'm totally spoilt now and won't be able to book any Butlins accommodation other than a reef apartment now. Goodness, what a luxurious treat for a family getaway. We stayed mid September in a 2 bedroom Reef Apartment for 4 nights. The kids LOVED their bunk beds - each with their own tv/dvd combo at the foot of the bed, and their room decorated to the appearance of being in a submarine.
Mom & dad loved our massive room with comfy king size bed; the massive living area - lounge, dining area etc. Kitchen with everything you'd want, including dishwasher & microwave. Huge balcony with a gorgeous sea view and patio furniture to enjoy eating/ drinking alfresco. Oh and there is free wifi in the apartment.
We stayed self-catering and even had the supermarket deliver our grocery order on our arrival day so we didn't have to lug everything with!
This time we also made use of the Ocean Spa which was such a lovely treat I plan to go every day on our next visit. It actually pays to have children because not only do you get a reduced rate at the creche facility when you book for the spa, but you also pay less at the spa. It would be rude not to take advantage!
My only disappointment was that Butlins had reduced the creche provision that unless we had booked a spa session we couldn't book childcare. It's a real pity because although Butlins is a "children's mecca" mom & dad also need a few hours break during a holiday. Butlins: Please bring back daily creche / kid's club!!
The ages of our children make Butlins the absolutely perfect place for a holiday for them; and the Reef Apartments at the Wave Hotel as well as the Ocean Spa make for a relaxing, luxurious break for the parents.
We booked our next holiday before leaving, for next year. Back to the Reef Apartments and for 7 nights this time. Can't wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex