Yesterday I just came back from a Butlins girlie weekend away for my daughters birthdya. It was one of their adult music weekends and we chose the 80's them. We arrived on the Friday about midday and were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been given an upgrade from our 2 bedroomed apartment to a 3 bedroomed apartment with separate lounge and kitchen. We were also told that we could accommodate it straight away ( usually, not allowed to go in rooms until 4pm which we already knew). It was a lovely place.
The atmosphere of the whole pace is really good. There were 6 girls and we all felt very safe on the resort. The security were all really friendly and even walked one of our party members home to make sure she got back safely.We chose the food dining plane which means you get breakfast and dinner included. Absolutely stacks of food which you can have as much as you want of so that came in handy, especially for a good cooked breakfast after a night of drinking!! I would recommend doing that as it didnt end up costing that much more money.
The nightlife was brilliant, 2 of our party members didnt roll back in until 8am one night/morning! The beachcomber bar was okay but the service in there was really slow compared to the service at the bars at centre stage and reds. Even though they were busy, you didnt wait long for a drink there!
If you are thinking of going on one of these themed music weekends, make sure you take your dress up gear!! You look out of place if you dont dress up, such a good atmosphere, everyone admiring each others costumes.All in all we had a really good time and I would do it a third time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlin's Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex