I visited this resort Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd for a weekend break. It was an ok experience however there were some major pitfalls.
Firstly on arrival I went to put the kettle on and there was only wires no switch. This is a health hazard to adults and children, also showing that the rooms and facilities are not checked. The tea tray itself was filthy along with the tv and shower being disgusting.
We complained about the kettle and it was replaced.
Bowling and pool facilities need some tlc and so do the staff! The staff are often no where to be seen, glasses everywhere and long queue for bowling or pool. The bowling facilities were often fully booked until later that day. When we arrived for our booking we were turned away as we had only been booked in for one game which was NOT what we wanted! We played pool instead which was ok however we could see the free bowling lanes that were not being used...hummmm. Ruined the break as we waited a whole day for a bowling game we were not ale to play!
The staff in this area are unmotivated and RUDE if they sucked on lemons they would look happier!
The food was average nothing good nor bad to say.
Accommodation was tiny and provided no privacy. The curtains need to be closed at all times otherwise people can see in as they walk directly past your window on metal flooring which shakes the room! Don't expect any sleep either as there is no privacy for your neighbours with the thin shaky walls!
The shows were ok but clashed often so when one finished the other one also ended which left you waiting around for ages just to Stand and watch from afar anyway.
The seats in the REDs could be newer or at least cleaner.
Swimming was ok. The blue flume was not working, which was a downer. The pool staff were visible and grumpy. They did not want to be there. When asked a question "can I go down head first" (down a slide) one lifeguard replied "well no if you do and hit your head you can get knocked unconscious and die" - over reaction and rude answer!
The toilets in the swimming area were actually the most disgusting toilets i have ever seen. The obvious pee on the floor was awful coupled with the smell of piss...not nice at all!!!
All over the resort the toilet facilities are often smelly and dirty. I did see people cleaning them but not enough as they were either blocked, no loo roll, wet floors or soaking wet sides.
I most likely won't return and would say to people that it's a good place for children but adults and children beware of the unattentive bowling area staff that obviously hate their job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlin's Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex