4,115 results
All reviewsocean hotelwave hotelatlantic baysilver apartmentoystersself cateringswimming poolred coatsmy sonpremium diningyacht clubfood courtgold apartmentsall agesgreat funtotsfancy dress
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Now the bad.The moment we entered the camp we noticed that it is starting to look tired and could at least do with a good clean, at eye level things do not look to bad but when you look up you notice plenty of dust and faded paintwork. We were staying in a silver apartment and to be honest I have seen cleaner dog kennels and in better condition, there were dirty tissues on the floor in the bedroom the mirrors were filthy, the shower and bathroom were in a poor state with dirt and hairs all over the place, the shower door even had a DR & TY on the door written with a finger and soap or something that I don't even care to think about. The main entertainment was on the centre stage and the moment you entered this you were aware of a smell of sick and stale carpets although you soon got used to it. I have never had to queue for a male toilet before and with the number of people that were crammed in they could certainly do with some more especiFirst off let me start with the good. The staff from the greeter at the main gate, the security staff to the overworked bar staff they were all a pleasure to deal with. Well done Butlins. The entertainment at night was also superb.
Now the bad.The moment we entered the camp we noticed that it is starting to look tired and could at least do with a good clean, at eye level things do not look to bad but when you look up you notice plenty of dust and faded paintwork. We were staying in a silver apartment and to be honest I have seen cleaner dog kennels and in better condition, there were dirty tissues on the floor in the bedroom the mirrors were filthy, the shower and bathroom were in a poor state with dirt and hairs all over the place, the shower door even had a DR & TY on the door written with a finger and soap or something that I don't even care to think about. The main entertainment was on the centre stage and the moment you entered this you were aware of a smell of sick and stale carpets although you soon got used to it. I have never had to queue for a male toilet before and with the number of people that were crammed in they could certainly do with some more especially when the larger of the two blocks become blocked totally and all the urinals became a yellow water feature that ended up all over the floor.
They could also do with making the identity of the chalet blocks larger as every night we had drunk people trying to get into our apartment thinking it was there's and what with the club shutting about 4am it was at least 7am before the place became quiet but I do not blame Butlins for this.
Would I return probably yes but I would stay in the hotel next time definitely not the chalets as I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment just a shame about everything else.ally when the larger of the two blocks become blocked totally and all the urinals became a yellow water feature that ended up all over the floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the silver chalets
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank samsdad84
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visited july 2013 for 4 night break stayed in a silver apartment overall ok but could have been cleaner!! Not alot of funfair even thought it was NEW!! Boat not working! Cinema Closed! staff didnt inform us on check in that pre-booking is ESSENTIAL! so missed out on a lot with 2 little ones.
I have booked again this year but unfortunately can only afford standard apartment as price of upgrade has doubled since last year!?! Sounds like things haven't improved since last year. I would love to be able to give butlins 5★ we shall see.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vdear
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just got home from our sole weekend .We had a brilliant time got an upgrade thank you We had Sunday lunch in Tueners excellent . The staff were a joy they were friendly and helpful throughout the camp TOP MARKS !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We have just come back after a soul weekend at bognor.its our 2nd year doing this and i have to say its been awesome. The bands and dj's were great. Loads of singing and dancing had by all. We went gold this time staying in apartments and like last year we had the the simply dine which offered a good choice of food .the staff were very nice and helpful.a big thankyou to tom(the arsenal fan). We have already booked for next year.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The weekend went well on the whole but :
- pool was only open 3h a day ??
- fairground was shut ??? Only two or three things opened and for short hours.
- Pancake house was closed.
- the Center Stage was far too crowded, we ended up leaving early as we felt is was unsafe.
- the whole Skyline Pavillion was smelly, not entirelly sure if it was from the pool or the toilets !!
- half the slides in the pool were shut.

Now come on Butlins, either you are open, or you are closed !! Yes, we came for the music, but also for fun. The camp looked like a ghost camp in places, ridiculous. Even adults like the fairground. Very disappointing. Will not return.

On the upside, the music was good and the accommodation itself was clean.

Room Tip: Hotel is much quieter then the rest of the accommodation, but second bedroom has no window.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends