“Pleasantly surprised”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
swindon
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Went on hen weekend to 80s adults only in March .wasn't sure what to expect but had a great weekend ,Stayed in silver rooms which were perfect for what we needed .Had bathrooms , tea and coffee making facilities , very good heating . Comfy beds . noisy at nights with drunken party goers but would expect that ! had a dining plan which was excellent , Food was varied ,plentiful and tasty. dining experience was excellent ,always managed to seat all 14 of us together , Staff at whole complex were friendly and helpful. Entertainment was great .had fun on dodgem cars and carousel . The beach is really close .Only negatives were bars in evening with long wait wIth for drinks ,needed more staff to deal with queues , Overall a good value adults weekend .

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Polish first
Oxford
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Went to Soul Weekender with 16 of us for my sons birthday. Basic room we had and basic room we got so no problem there. The second bedroom has 2 very hard mattresses .We stayed in Oyster bay and didn't get no sleep all night for 3 nights due to shouting and music coming from outside of other rooms. By 6.30am all was quiet. People seem to go in twos in the toilet cubicles and in the evenings we had to stand up all night to watch the performances as could not get any seats due to too many people. Wasn't allowed in a venue until my son removed a sponge willy from his clothing because management said it is offensive !! we were allowed toy guns though! Well I think Management need to sort out their priorities out and put security in the toilets and around the site to stop the noise in the early hours so people can have a few hours sleep. This was our second visit and will go again but will stay in the hotel hoping to get some sleep next time. Can recommend the food and we upgraded as it was a fantastic choice of menu and eat as much as we want.

Room Tip: Stay in the Hotel if you want any sleep
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank barbarabrogan01
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wow what a weekend! Had a gold apartment which was clean, stylish & really close to the Pavillion. Little touches like swanned towels, welcome pack of tea, coffee, washing up stuff, toiletries & dishwasher were unexpected but welcome. What made the weekend was the theme, the staff and fab company, everyone dressed up on the Saturday and just partied, the staff couldn't have been lovelier and yes the bar was packed but the staffs slick service meant the wait wasnt too long. The ladies Loos were constantly monitored and I didnt once walk into a loo without paper (my bugbear!). Go West were amazing then the DJs took over and rocked the place, unfortunately Heaven 17 the next day were a no show but they still put on a great night, they were replaced by Hue & Cry the next day (where's Linda?), the Tribute Bands were top notch and the nights flew by hence the birds were singing by the time we got back to the apartment. I'm not even taking points away for the aroma and sticky floor in the main entertainment areas as they would be fighting a losing battle to prevent that with packed revellers spilling drinks! We met some cracking people (miss you already!) and had a amazing time thanks Butlins! :) Ooo and thanks for the plentiful supply of luggage trolleys too!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

18 of us on a Hen Weekend in March!
What can i say, brilliant, we were there for the 80s weekend, large majority of people were dressed up, which made for a brilliant atmosphere.
Accomodation was basic but had everyting you needed and was very clean.
Staff were helpful amd always had a smile.
Everybody we met were great.

If you want a great child free weekend away, this is highly recommended and the bar wasnt massively over priced either.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I booked online one monthes before my trip from Butlins official website. Surprisingly about a week before travel i found it in their website about 80 pound cheaper than my advance booking price which was very disappointing. I requested a refund but they refused.

The place is fine but less than expected. Overpriced but Nice shows for kids.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank A A
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Now the bad.The moment we entered the camp we noticed that it is starting to look tired and could at least do with a good clean, at eye level things do not look to bad but when you look up you notice plenty of dust and faded paintwork. We were staying in a silver apartment and to be honest I have seen cleaner dog kennels and in better condition, there were dirty tissues on the floor in the bedroom the mirrors were filthy, the shower and bathroom were in a poor state with dirt and hairs all over the place, the shower door even had a DR & TY on the door written with a finger and soap or something that I don't even care to think about. The main entertainment was on the centre stage and the moment you entered this you were aware of a smell of sick and stale carpets although you soon got used to it. I have never had to queue for a male toilet before and with the number of people that were crammed in they could certainly do with some more especiFirst off let me start with the good. The staff from the greeter at the main gate, the security staff to the overworked bar staff they were all a pleasure to deal with. Well done Butlins. The entertainment at night was also superb.
Now the bad.The moment we entered the camp we noticed that it is starting to look tired and could at least do with a good clean, at eye level things do not look to bad but when you look up you notice plenty of dust and faded paintwork. We were staying in a silver apartment and to be honest I have seen cleaner dog kennels and in better condition, there were dirty tissues on the floor in the bedroom the mirrors were filthy, the shower and bathroom were in a poor state with dirt and hairs all over the place, the shower door even had a DR & TY on the door written with a finger and soap or something that I don't even care to think about. The main entertainment was on the centre stage and the moment you entered this you were aware of a smell of sick and stale carpets although you soon got used to it. I have never had to queue for a male toilet before and with the number of people that were crammed in they could certainly do with some more especially when the larger of the two blocks become blocked totally and all the urinals became a yellow water feature that ended up all over the floor.
They could also do with making the identity of the chalet blocks larger as every night we had drunk people trying to get into our apartment thinking it was there's and what with the club shutting about 4am it was at least 7am before the place became quiet but I do not blame Butlins for this.
Would I return probably yes but I would stay in the hotel next time definitely not the chalets as I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment just a shame about everything else.ally when the larger of the two blocks become blocked totally and all the urinals became a yellow water feature that ended up all over the floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the silver chalets
1 Thank samsdad84
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visited july 2013 for 4 night break stayed in a silver apartment overall ok but could have been cleaner!! Not alot of funfair even thought it was NEW!! Boat not working! Cinema Closed! staff didnt inform us on check in that pre-booking is ESSENTIAL! so missed out on a lot with 2 little ones.
I have booked again this year but unfortunately can only afford standard apartment as price of upgrade has doubled since last year!?! Sounds like things haven't improved since last year. I would love to be able to give butlins 5★ we shall see.

• Stayed July 2013
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis
The Wight
The Wight
#5 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!