“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butlins Bognor Regis Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlins Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Dartford, England
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just came back from a week here and loved it we didnt want to go home! Ocean hotel was amazing. Very clean and all staff friendly. Go karts didnt look that safe as we saw a 'accident' where one girl nearly snapped her neck. Swimming pool was amazing but baby bit was too cold. The carahsal wasnt open at all on our stay! Which wasn't on as nothing out side was suitable for my baby. Its full of chavs and every other word is a swear word! But behind that we had an amazing time and even asked for the same room next time we come back!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We took our 4 year old daughter and she was blown away. The staff were professional and super friendly. The weather was variable, but this did not matter as we had the splash world and gigantic indoor play to keep our daughter busy indoors and then the outside fairground and play areas when the sun was shining.
The only downside was that our daughter was exhausted by day 3 so next time we'd just do two nights!

Room Tip: Go for gold apartments but if you can afford it go for Wave apartments as they're brand new
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ButlinsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Butlins Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your recent stay at our Bognor Regis resort.

I’m pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time staying with us – we think our Splash Waterwold is great, but it’s so much better when a guest says so!

It would be lovely to welcome you back to Butlins in the future for another break.

Kind Regards,

Danny.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My 4th visit to Butlins Bognor Regis for an 80's themed adult weekend. The primary purpose of the visit it to get drunk and relive my youth, so I don't have high expectations apart from reasonably positioned, clean and adequately furnished apartment. In the past we have stayed in the Gold apartments which are OK, although we've never arrived to find them clean! This time we decided to go Silver to keep the cost down to expensive rather than extortionate. We specified a ground floor and arrived, after the very long walk from the car park to find that we had a first floor, we went to 'Accommodation Services' to find that they can't actually do anything about accommodation issues and we really need to see 'Guest services' which is quite some distance away. We decided not to bother trekking across the site again with our suitcases. The next obstacle we encountered were the stairs nearest our room really should be condemned as they look and felt ready to collapse at a moment's notice. Our room was relatively clean, although I'm pretty sure there isn't a vacuum anywhere in Butlins the state of the carpet. We had a 7 person room, thank goodness there was only 4 of us (2 had pulled out). The double bedroom was adequate, as was the twin room. The room with bunk beds in was completely inadequate with barely enough room to get through the door, one of the smallest wardrobes possible and not a single plug socket. The lighting is insufficient to apply make-up in any room apart from the double bedroom. Just to finish off with the room the TV didn't work!

The drinks on site are very expensive. A Vodka, Lemonade and Lime = £4.80 (£3.20 shot of Vodka, 70p lemonade and 90p to colour the drink with a dash of lime cordial)!

The two good things are that the beds are extremely comfortable and there is plenty to do on site, which means you can spend as little time in your accommodation as possible.

Butlins is not cheap but it certainly feels it nowadays!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Aldershot, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family and I have just returned from a stay at Butlins in Bognor Regis 24th Feb 2014.

Having previously stayed in both chalets and self-catering I called the Butlins Booking Line, to enquire whether the hotel apartments were secure. They advised that all the accommodation had secure doors and that our children would be safe. This was important because our disabled 4 year-old son has no awareness of safety.

Unfortunately when we checked into the accommodation on Friday, our apartment door did not have a chain to secure it.
A card reader was fitted to enable you to open the door, however there was no way of locking the door from the inside to prevent my children wandering.

I immediately raised this with the hotel reception to ensure that our accommodation was secured. The receptionist advised that there were no locks on the doors and this was due to health and safety. When I said that we needed to secure the door because my son has no awareness of safety; they arranged for guest services to bring a chair to our apartment and attempt to jam-it under the door handle. I was unsure how jamming a chair under the door handle would have been safer than if the door was fitted with a chain and bolt. However, upon arrival, the staff member was unable to jam the chair under the door handle which was several inches higher than the back of the chair and so gave-up.

Since guest services failed to secure our apartment, I went to our hotel reception again to ask them to secure the apartment. I re-iterated that our 4 year old son has no safety awareness and again asked why there was no chain to secure it. Again the receptionist said that no chain and bolt was fitted, due to health and safety. I said that since both chalets and self-catering accommodation have chains fitted to secure the doors; this cannot be due to health and safety.

The receptionist then got a stair gate and fitted this to secure the entrance to the children’s bedroom.

When our son went to bed that evening, he was able to open the stair gate without issue. My wife and I therefore had to take it in turns to stay up at night and ensure that he didn’t get up and leave our accommodation. The lack of sleep spoilt our enjoyment of the holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter_Reilly2014
dover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

booked via the suns £9.50 holiday deals and what can i say absolutely stunning throughly enjoyed every minute however do NOT recommend half board very same mass produced school dinner style meals recommend the spa if you can get a few hours child free (with all the entertainment shouldnt be too hard)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
isle of wight, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just returned from a great weekend, 60's , on arrival was upgraded to silver apartment, which we were really impressed with, so clean and accomodating, the staff were great on arrival too, this was our first experience on one of these themed weekends. We were on Food Court Dining, the food was excellent and such a choice, the staff were really great too. Thought the whole resort was very clean, toilets, entertainment venues too. On the downside, which can be put right, no mattress protectors on beds. Also the security lady on the Fri and Sunday evening, Centre Stage needs to go back to charm school, the way she was asking to look in our handbags was so unprofessional. Screaming out like someone possessed, I found this very offensive, Im 64 not 16. That was my only gripe, everything else made a perfect weekend. THANKYOU BUTLINS,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan O
Dartford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I went to Butlins with my daughter on 28th Feb 2014 for the weekend. I purchased deluxe accommodation instead of standard for 2 reasons - I stayed in standard 2 years ago and it was a bit worn looking and I didn't sleep well as you could hear everything outside the window tip late at night and early in the morning. First impressions were good - we had our own parking space (although someone was parked in our number so we had to use a different one). Then we went to bed - I pulled the bed covers back to find a stain on the sheets, and then some holes in the bed linen - bare in mind this was deluxe accommodation, in the bathroom there were holes in the bath panel and the taps in the bath were covered in lime scale - they were very dull (but i don't think that it would have been cleaned off - it needed replacing). In the morning it became apparent that there were holes in the curtains. It was annoying but we got on with our holiday. Things have changed in 2 years, many activities that were free before you had to pay for, a couple of the rides were closed (the dodgers being one) and one of the arcades was closed. In Centre stage that evening - all of the seats were taken so i sat on the floor with my daughter - it was dirty and sticky - not pleasant. On my return home I decided that having holes and stains on the sheets was not acceptable for "Deluxe Accommodation" and decided to complain - today i received a letter stating as I had not complained whilst there they were not taking any further action - they haven't even looked into the issues i raised (I submitted photos) - my argument is why should I waste MY time whilst I paid to be away to find and complain to them - the least they could have done is to ensure their sheets are not full of holes and that there are no stains on the sheets for future guests!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go unless you can put up with drab, worn interiors.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
The Elmer Pub and Hotel
The Elmer Pub and Hotel
#4 of 28 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlins Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!