“Flick knife left in chalet , dirty chalet , bed of nails , chavland”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
kent
“Flick knife left in chalet , dirty chalet , bed of nails , chavland”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a 4 night break in a silver chalet , arrived and the first night was freezing cold , the windows are not double glazed and a blast of cold air kept me awake and so did the chavs screaming .
No toaster , beds with springs coming through and dipped in middle , kitchen items all wet in cupboard , and dirty , shower just a fine mist and small , no where to bath my two year old , they offered to move me to a gold chalet but it stank of gloss paint and was smaller and scaffolding and workman outside so I refused .
My daughter bumped her head and I had to call first aid , also someone brought extra duvets , next day while I was getting ready to swim my toddler picked up a flick knife ! It must of been left by the first aid man or someone else , I complained again and the manager offered us a half refund in vouchers to book again ! So far they have not arrived ! Also to bouncer type men knocked on my door and was really rude to me saying "his guys would not carry a knife like that " how the hell does he know ! That knife came from somewhere and I suspect the first aid guy ! Butlins has gone down hill , full of smoking chavs , rubbish food , overpriced , I have got to say Marion was really nice and helped me with my complaints but the bouncers who knocked were awful and rude .
I've contacted the obudsman and police and won't return , so far and no apology about the knife that was left that could have injured my son , all I've paid for is two days of hell !

• Stayed March 2014
8 Thank catz2Kent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Polish first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just back from visiting Butlins and already planning our next trip! We stayed at the Shoreline Hotel with our 3.5yr old, and we all had a great time. Staying in the hotel is definitely worth it despite the extra cost, as there are loads of extra 'perks' for the kids, eg craft activities/story time with Billy Bear. We paid for breakfast, but next time would probably go HB if can get a good enough price, as food is extortionate on site (we paid £18 for 2 whopper meals and a kids meal from the on site Burger King on the first night!) There is a Sainsburys nearby though with a nice and very quiet cafe! The Skyline Pavilion is excellent, we stayed at Minehead last year, and overall everything is just that bit better at Bognor...although the local area isn't as nice, but you don't really go for that reason! The fridge in our room was ridiculously loud, but we just switched it off after the first night so we could get to sleep! As you can tell from this review, I would definitely recommend, your kids will love you for it!

Room Tip: If you can get a good price for it, the Nelsons Stateroom is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet B
essex
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed in the low budget accomodation and it was extemely dated and very very basic. You could hear everyone outside.
Spend a bit more money for accomodation and you will get a fantastic break.
The central complex is superb

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Arlington
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed with friends self catering purely because the kids like the all day entertainment.
The room was ok, needed updating.
The beds were diabolical!!! They had either seen a lot of action or they were broken........ The double bed had a massive dip right in the middle so wherever you lay you end up in the middle, and the bed sheets were only worthy of the bin!!
The shower was soo small you couldn't turn or bend unless a child, and the water pressure was giving merely a mist of water!!
The facilities in the park are good, if the prices were more reasonable it would be worth booking the newer hotels!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tina-louise D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

just back from long weekend at Bognor/90. s full of hens stags mainly /going mad /booze weekend really/went h/b food fantastic /to much choice really but very good/main concern is the draught lager /horrid/watered down/ I suppose there trying to keep everyone sober/ worked for us/ but good weekend/

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank steve w
london
Reviewed 31 March 2014

just got back form a really great weekend for a friends hen party.
heres by review:

FOOD - we had half board, certainly worth it. good selection for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast really great to get over the big nights out!

ROOMS - we stayed in oyster bay apartments. very basic but clean and beds are comfy. Bathroom kept flooding. in half board there's no lounge or kitchen in the apartments so a little cramped.

NIGHTS - everyone goes all out with dressing up, very amusing. even when its busy you can get to the bar pretty easy.

ENTERTAINMENT - fairground is open 12-5 each day. ammusements 247. Pool party in the splash zone at 12-2 is really good fun.

WARNING - this is a crazy weekend with ALOT of blokes looking to get drunk and get with girls. It's loud and not a weekend for those looking to relax ;)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcelhinneyrach
Dartford, England
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just came back from a week here and loved it we didnt want to go home! Ocean hotel was amazing. Very clean and all staff friendly. Go karts didnt look that safe as we saw a 'accident' where one girl nearly snapped her neck. Swimming pool was amazing but baby bit was too cold. The carahsal wasnt open at all on our stay! Which wasn't on as nothing out side was suitable for my baby. Its full of chavs and every other word is a swear word! But behind that we had an amazing time and even asked for the same room next time we come back!

• Stayed March 2014
#7 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!