“fantastic stay! warm and friendly staff all round” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
London, United Kingdom
“fantastic stay! warm and friendly staff all round”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My two sons and I have just returned from a break at Butlins and yet again another fun filled stay packed with loads of running around and adventure! Safe to say I am very sore and achey.
We stayed in angelfish park on a silver room basis and the accommodation was average , nothing too fancy but not too shabby so we were pleased with that.
My boys loved the new ice cream shop and luckily the weather remained sunny through our stay compared to last year it was raining every day.
Its nice to see such friendly staff all around , everyone is happy and always smiling.
The food was lovely in ' The Deck ' not too expensive either which is a bonus.
All the bar staff were all helpful and very informative on shows, and things to do whilst staying at Butlins they all interacted with my children and really made them smile.
On check out day as you can imagine we didn't want to leave and head back to the real world again we didnt want the fun to end ! However i would like to personally thank one particular member of staff for her help when I was leaving my accommodation. Our room was on the first floor so you had to carry all your suitcases up the rusty stairs which was a struggle. This particular day a young lady called Charlotte seemed to be doing litter picking duty i assumed and saw me struggling with my luggage, my two sons are only young so couldn't help me they kindly stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched their poor mother struggle and this young lady went out of her way to walk over and help me carry down all my luggage and i appreciated it so much. She didn't need to go out of her way and help me as many other members of staff walked past me and i am not as fit as i was 20 years ago and I was pleased to see Butlins staff really do go out of their way to make sure you have a good time.
Overall we had a fantastic time and look forward to returning next year, in the meantime it will be day visits.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Polish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay, great holiday, great entertainment! Kids absolutely loved it, so much to do. Be aware that activities get booked up quickly and the rides can have a bit of a queue!
We booked a silver apartment however when we turned up it appeared we had been upgrades to gold - extra facilities in the room and room service every day which we were very pleased about. The hotels look amazing and we will definitely be looking to stay in one of them next year!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ruth H
Brighton UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I think that just about sums up the excitement from the kids when we arrived at the Wave hotel. Apart from that, I was very impressed with the room. We stayed in a 4 bed room, brightly coloured, clean ( not sure what the previous comments are about ...having to bring your own wipes they must have come on a bad day), very very comfy beds. The service at the hotel, as is elsewhere across Butlins is impeccable. We have really enjoyed our stay, this is our second time to Butlins - the first time we stayed in the self catering chalets. I must say it's nice to stroll from one eatery to another, and not have to worry about supermarket shopping and cooking. Food at the Deck, although breakfast had a huge selection catering to most different tastes, in the evening was dissapointing. The ethnic selection a couple of token dishes like fried rice, incredibly bland noodles, some sort of sweet and sour, a chicken tikka thrown in... pretty dreadful. Butlins would do better hiring a couple of really genuine international chefs - give them carte blanche to create an excellent asian menu - much in a similar way to places like Singapore, Malaysia ( Butlins go and take a look at the resorts there like Universal Studios and their food street ) - food to me is one of the key experiences. Infact if I have to be honest for me its almost more important than the entertainment.

1 Thank liza_tong1
Isle of Wight, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We visited for a weekend break, had lovely weather, staff on arrival were extremely helpful and gave us a free upgrade to gold accommodation which was unexpected but very pleasing. I think we will go for gold in the future. We have a 12, 13 and 9 year old, they all loved the entertainment in the evening but we're not that keen on going to any clubs, didn't matter, they went off and lots of fun on the fair and around the site there was always something good going on. Every member of staff we encountered were happy, helpful and went the extra mile. Our favourite evening entertainment was cirque du hilarious, although dick and Dom came in a very close second. Thank you bit like for a fab visit, 5 stars to you.

Room Tip: We went self catering but the pizza place on site was a great end to our visit, kids all you can eat...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

my daughter and 1 have taken my grandchildren to Butlins for quite a few years , the kids always have a great time , this time we stayed in the Wave hotel , nice room with sea view , childrens room had bunk beds and both had their own TV , , however the housekeeping was very poor , and attention to the little things had been missed , there were suppossed to be 4 of us , however one of our grandsons did not come so there were 3 , luckerly as they had only left us 3 bath towles ,and 2 hand towles, there was no glasses or mugs in the bathroom for tooth brushes and no soap dish , when we told the girl making up the room next day, she left 3 bath towles and 1 hand towel
my daughter went to reception ,( did not whant then to think we had taken towles ) and before she got back to our room they had bought more , then the shower door did not fit correctly and i flooded the bathroom , milk for previouse guest had been left in the fridge , , as i say only small things , but its the small things that make a differance
, my 6 year old grandson loved the games room , and the cafe was nice , no as busy as the ones in the main area. swimming pool was quite cold this year , not just the water but the air , so children were shivering when they came out of the water to get dressed , shows were as ever very good , as was the food , will go back next year but not to the wave hotel .

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room ,
1 Thank christineTurner_11
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went for our yearly Butlins trip - another mixed bag.

Food:
I continue to dislike the choice of eateries - or rather the lack of takeaway choices. Don't like pizza so that leaves Burger King or sandwiches. Its only a short break so no big deal - Morrisons gain!

Supermarket:
Expensive.

Entertainment:
Mainly stuck to the Skyline owing to kids ages - pretty good. Seem to have changed the timings and whats on offer this year. Skyline Gang great as usual - but seems to be less shows overall.
Katie Perry and One Direction were good.
Also seems to be less booking ahead than last year.
Queues to get into popular things were massive and started early as ever.
We saw the end of the Freddie Mercury show - looked terrible - but saw the Blues show by the same people following it and that was very good.
Fireman Sam, Mike the Knight, Angelina, Barney - all enjoyed by my toddler.

Staff:
What really impresses is the non-stop enthusiasm of the SKyline Gang and Redcoats. They really go out of their way to be friendly and make you feel special. Chatting and talking etc.

All staff were great - all taking the time to ask how you are, filling in waiting time (eg at the pancake stall) by making conversation. This really does make a big difference and sets Butlins apart - I hope Butlins value these staff.

Car Parking:
New for this year is that you can no longer park near the Gold apartments like we have done for over 10 years - this is now reserved for the Hotel guests. So there is clear preference for the Hotel again - meaning those of us with the most to carry have by far the furthest to walk.
Plus it was confusing - first guy told us to park round there to unpack, second guy told us we weren't allowed!

Park:
Well maintained externally - lovely grounds.
Inside there are issues - particularly in toilets. These all stink, are usually dirty, usually in need of decoration or repair. Sometimes no soap etc

Overrall its a fun environment to be in - especially for kids.

Accommodation:
This is the reason for my modest rating. We stayed in self catering - mainly owing to children who need their routine and dislike the cafeteria setting.
We were lucky to be upgraded from Silver to Gold at no extra cost - which I really appreciate. However the overall standard seems to be a lot lower than a few years ago. What we got for Gold seems worse than what we used to get for Silver:
- no pictures on walls or nice touches - there used to be
- badly decorated
- bathroom was terrible - moldy, crap sealant, badly finished, in need of renovation - just old and unpleasant
- general repairs needed on trivial things like blinds, extractor fans etc
- kitchen was badly equipped - 1 baking tray
- kitchen and living room were very dirty - something splashed on TV, greasy handprints on walls in living room, filthy cooker, filthy grill pan, dirty kitchen surfaces - really not "gold" standard. I would have been appalled if a Bronze chalet was this bad. Things should be clean and in working order regardless.

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but if I had been told I was getting the upgrade I would have saved space in the car by not bringing towels, and would have packed dishwasher tablets! A quick email or SMS would have informed me before I set off, and would have capitalised the impact from Butlins point of view.

Above said, it was:
- quiet
- warm - heating was great
- comfy - nice sofas, comfy beds
- good TVs (but no kids channels this time?)
- DVD player was a bonus
- lots of hot water

Overrall:
We will come again. We had fun. But it looks like they are running down the self catering to encourage use of the hotel - this will eventually exclude us unless they seriously up the offering or lower the price.

Room Tip: Take Flash wipes and expect to clean when you get there.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Acornise
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just got back and can still hear the Pavillion!

Good points: A massive playground! Choice of restaurants & entertainment, hotel was clean, friendly staff and easily accessible by car or train.

Areas for improvement: Splash needs maintenance as slides were closed and pool overcrowded = a little intimidating for young paddlers, lack of towels, late notice for panto(??), fairground could have stayed open longer during holidays/BST, not all attractions suitable for children e.g. scary room and be prepared to queue for 'Centre Stage'!

Will try another site next time for the 'Butlins' experience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over reception as obviously near heating/water supply which can be heard throughout the...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
Chichester Park Hotel
Chichester Park Hotel
#7 of 9 in Chichester
Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!