Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel(Felpham)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$117
Hotels.com
Selwood Lodge(Bognor Regis)
US$107
Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel(Bognor Regis)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$113
US$339
US$299
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park(Fontwell)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
3,866 results
All reviewsocean hotelwave hotelatlantic baysilver apartmentoystersself cateringmy sonswimming poolred coatspremium diningyacht clubgold apartmentsfood courtfancy dressgreat funall agesfamily holiday
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just leaving from a 2 day break on the 'just for tots' package. Upon arrival to the Wave Hotel (no welcome as on previous trip) we joined a queue (no problem, you expect this) everyone in front of us who had previously checked in were moaning about their allotted accommodation. Not the best sign...
I don't expect staff to be doing cartwheels or getting out the party poppers when you arrive but after spending in excess of £300 on the break (excluding spending on the actual break) a smile would be appreciated.
Accommodation was good except for the pint glass of fag butts left on the balcony.
The breakfast was excellent and had lots of choice.
The outside fairground was brilliant although opening hours of 12-4 seems a bit short when you have children desperate to burn off energy.
I'm not a youth basher but I have to say (and it's the main reason I'm even writing a review) that whilst the majority were lovely a few were just moody teenagers who acted like they hated us as much as they hated their parents!! Just like we were an annoyance - a pretty expensive one. Again, I really don't expect any grand gestures but it would be nice if they could at least pretend to be pleased to see you - especially as it's 'just for tots'.
The evening meal we paid for and the organisation of getting a table was pretty slow and painful. Having to wait for a while isn't the best while trying to deal with a 4 year old's melt down. Added to this the restaurant welcome staff were openly slating a fellow staff member.
Butlins is heaven for 3-5 year olds and I did on the whole enjoy it as my oldest had an amazing time. Maybe the management need to emphasise the hospitality element of the Butlins ethos to their staff a bit more...

3  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed 28 April 2014

For the past two years we have stayed in the ocean hotel at butlins and decided this year on the Easter holiday break to try the wave.

Room smelt of paint on arrival so was quickly moved after triggering my daughters asthma.

On Wednesday we were evacuated into the cold at 3am by a fire alarm. Staff presence was minimal, lacked communication, empathy of impact on families and their stay. This seems to be a common thing as the same thing happened last year in the ocean in the early hours of the morning.

The wave itself is a lovely clean hotel that allows families to enjoy butlins with comfort. The shows for school holidays are fab and a credit to butlins. The whole of butlins is well looked after. Deck restaurant good especially breakfast but with premium dining I would expect slightly better quality eg I left my chicken breast as it was clearly a frozen inferior quality piece of meat that tasted foul. A similar experience with a pork steak. More eating options are needed on resort especially over lunch time.

Splash world has really deteriorated, the master blaster has closed. The whole place was dirty, dirt,hairs, plasters etc litter the poolside and changing rooms.

My girls love butlins and we are booked to return next year. On the whole lovely. A few niggles that butlins need to address and listen to, to keep guests returning

Room Tip: Pay extra for a balcony and sea view
1  Thank sophandizzysmummy
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Really enjoyed our holiday here. The accommodation was clean and decent, the food court had something for everyone and was good quality food. The entertainment was varied and the activities were fun. The Butlins team were all really helpful and friendly. A great family holiday. Bognor is a small town with a completely pebbled beach. Out of the 3 Butlins I have visited this one was the one I wouldn't visit again simply because there is not much to do locally outside of Butlins and the pool was disappointing compared to the other 2 larger Butlins locations.

Room Tip: I used to pay for the silver apartment but the only difference is there is a microwave so I now have the standard apartments. They are all spacious and comfortable with tvs and fridges. Our first trip to Butlins we had room only as we had the food court so didn't need a kitchen but it was tiny and we were cramped. Only a tv in the double room so the kids piled in at the crack of dawn. After that week of claustrophobia we have always booked an apartment and loved it every time.
1  Thank Bevyk75
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We arrived on Bank Holiday Monday of Easter and were pretty impressed. We have been to Minehead previously and, although OK, we were not really that impressed. Bognor seems newer, cleaner and friendlier. We were upgraded from a standard to a silver which was nice. As there were 6 of us, 3 separate bedrooms and a living room/kitchen worked well. Nice and clean, well equipped. The rides are great for our kids (4, 7 & 8), they participated in a few of the paid for activities at £5 a pop which were OK. The only thing that was not great was the high wire experience. Pretty dismal, £10 each and took about 2 minutes to go round. We were allowed to go round twice which equates to £60 per hour!!!!!!!!!! Bognor itself is a bit disappointing also, not really a big town and not really that much to do there. Overall, we had a good holiday. As we booked through breakfree holidays it worked out pretty cheap, although the spending money for food, entertainment etc. made it quite expensive in the end. Would recommend as a good base, Brighton is about an hour away if you want a bigger seaside town.

Room Tip: Don't think that you have a choice. We booked standard and were upgraded to Silver, we saw some people we know who booked Silver and were upgraded to gold. You might get a better class of accommodation by upgrading, but others may also be upgraded. We had the Gallaghers from Shameless next to us. Adults getting pi**ed and kids shouting and slamming doors for an hour while the parents just carry on shouting obscenities at each other on the balcony whilst chain smoking and probably drinking Tennants Super.......
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have never ever posted a review before. But the experience at Butlins made me to do it. I stayed for the 4 day easter break. It was an awsome family friendly atmosphere. Kids enjoying everywhere. In my daughter's words "Butlins is heaven" and for kids (of almost all ages) it is I think.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Most of the entertainment options are free. They have a big stage (center stage) where the evening shows are held while you can enjoy your drinks. I been to only one of them but the show was awesome and I really repented why did I miss the other shows. The shows are free and the one which I watched (Cirque De Hilarious - comedy with some circus tricks by Danny Adams and his team) was really entertaining for the whole family. The show itself would have easily cost a ticket of around 25-30 pounds, if it were to be paid for. But it was absolutely free at Butlins and we were 5 adults and 2 kids which enjoyed it for free, that itself is a saving of around £150-£200 pounds.
The only thing which I think needs improvement is range of restaurants (like they can easily add Italian or Thai food restaurants, etc).
Otherwise Butlins provide a wholesome family entertainment at a really really affordable cost.
Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I didn't explore the room choice much before booking and I stayed in Silver room. If you can pay a bit more I would recommend to stay in their Gold accommodation.