We stayed in a Deluxe Suite and had a Premium Dining package. My wife and I with our two boys (6 and 2) had a great time here. It was our first time going to Butlins and we were pleasantly surprised.
"Deluxe Suite" is probably a little bit of a grand title for the place we stayed in, but it was clean, a good size, a handy location and did the job. It's Butlins, not the Savoy, you're a fool if you expect to be spoilt with luxurious surroundings. I would class the accommodation as satisfactory.
The food package was better than expected, we were there over Easter so it was pretty busy and the food in the buffets was always hot and fresh. There was a good selection and the plenty for the kids to have. We had a take away from Papa Johns on one evening which was also good.
The park itself was very good, the fairground rides were excellent and the operators all very good with the kids and quite chatty. My only criticism here is that they rides could have been open longer - I don't see why they can't open from 9am until 8pm.
The pool was good although the big family slide was out of action (which we knew prior to going) and a few of the life guards seemed to think they were from Baywatch as opposed to Bognor, no real complaints here though.
The one thing that really stands out though is the excellent service we received whilst there. From the security guard who greeted us at the front gate to the guy doing the cleaning to the bar staff at the Beachcomber Inn, they were all fantastic, nothing was too much trouble.
To conclude, this is a great place to spend a few days as a family and just enjoy mucking about with the kids. It's not 5 star accommodation, but is good enough to not be a problem. If you go with the right frame of mind, you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex