We stayed as a family of 4 in the Ocean hotel and have to say once again it was hard to fault. Clean spacious rooms and great service. Breakfast was excellent too.
We loved Dick v Dom on centre stage - weren't especially looking forward to it but it was brilliant.
Only odd addition from last year was 'The Diner' restaurant. Food reasonably priced albeit portions very small but service led a lot to be desired. It wasn't very busy when we visited - my son managed to fall asleep at the table as they spent 45 mins bringing us some simple food. Annoyingly some of the waitresses burst into 50s style rock and roll dance every so often. I'm sure everyone kept thinking why don't you just bring our food rather than wasting time on this? The food was as uninspiring as the dancing. Avoid.
Apart from this - great holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex