“Very good”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time at butlins, we book the The Sun holidays every year and this year was the first time I managed get butlins.
Our 6yrs old daughter loved the entertainment during the day as there is loads to do. The pool is great we was there every day for well over an hour. The evening entertainment was great for adults and families.
The food we added the prime dinning and had a great choice of breakfast and dinner, I thought this was a good idea adding dinning as we didn't have to worry where to eat and cost.
Our apartment was meant to be standard but we had been upgraded to silver on arrival so was bigger. We did find a few marks on walls but that was about it was pleased on what we had and was very comfortable.
We have booked Butlins ours selves again at bognor as booking on site for next year you save a third. Will continue using the sun to try and get Mindhead and skeggness.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nigel W
ButlinsResorts, Social Media Team at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Nigel,

Great to hear you had a good time with us, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We can't wait to have you back at Bognor Regis next year and hope to see you at Minehead and Skegness in the future!

Thanks

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I phoned on Wednesday to book a holiday for 2 days later. I was very impressed with the price and the lovely lady Robin in the Hemel Hempstead offices. We couldn't wait to get there after work on Friday night and was greeted by a friendly gentleman that told us how to get to our rooms and a little bit about the resort. He also told us that Gareth Gates would be singing later that night...we definitely weren't expecting that! We quickly went to our room to get changed.....it was great to find we had 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. They weren't a 100% clean, especially the bathroom floors but as we would be out most of the time we weren't too worried. My daughter and I both had flip flops to wear as slippers so that was fine. The beds were excellent, perfectly clean, and very comfortable to sleep in.
And so the holiday began....we were both lucky to shake hands with Gareth and later chatted to him in the adult only venue....my daughter had her photo taken with him too. What a great start to the holiday. When I booked I also paid for 2 circus tickets for Sunday evening. They were £4.50 each and the circus was absolutely brilliant...well worth paying extra. I will add that the entertainment on Saturday night was also very professional.....then Monday morning came around far too quickly....we didn't want to come home so we had one last work around the lovely resort......we will definitely be back....asap.

1  Thank GremelinB
ButlinsResorts, Social Media Team at Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi GremelinB

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review.

We are delighted to read you had a great weekend with us, and that you enjoyed watching - and meeting - Gareth Gates.

Lovely to hear you will definitely be back: we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived for a sun break which worked out more like £50 per person rather than £9.50! DO NOT pay for linen!! I took it off our bill and arrived with our bedding to be told they put bedding on every bed and DO NOT take off linen for those who have not paid for it, so take it off your sun booking and save yourself a few quid!
On arrival at our apartment it was clean and tidy and the right size for my husband and I and our 6 year old. We didn't cook in the apartment so cannot say if there was enough utensils etc but seemed plenty, they supply you with tea and coffee in the room so an added bonus as we'd brought our own.
The park itself had plenty to do for all ages. We enjoyed a couple of the evening shows and several daytime shows.
We used the pool, as it was really busy the queues were very long for the slides but there were plenty of lifeguards. Pool was nice temperature too. I think they do need to watch how many people go in at a time as it seemed really busy.
We ate at the diner which was lovely and also turners which was fantastic! We went to breakfast just down the road at the brewers fayre which was a hell of a lot cheaper then anywhere on the complex. Either a 4 minute drive or 7 minute walk along the seafront.
All in all our daughter had a great time and we were happy but would probably try the hotel if we went again as it just looked nicer.

Hi JuliaT31

We're glad to read that you - and particularly your daughter - had a great time with us in Bognor Regis.

We will share your comments regarding the numbers in Splash Waterworld with the resort team so they can check on it.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

love butlins. this is my third visit and wont be my last. the first time we holidayed here we had a silver apartment and standard dining, the accommodation was poor very dirty kitchen and lounge area. smell was awful. rusty heater. but the entertainment and basic dining more than made up for it.

the second visit. we stayed at the ocean hotel. lovely hotel clean. gorgeous view we had a sea facing room.. with balcony. great staff. what I did not like was the double bed. it was a standard 4'6" with a ziplock mattress which meant two adults had a bed that was 2'6" which is not wide enough for an adult. our party was of 4 ad and a child. none of us were a couple so awkward sleeping arrangement. the kaliedescope restaurant was out of this world. lovely lovely food. of a very high standard. in a way better than turners for choice. superb. this was September 2013.

this visit july 11th-14 2014 gold accommodation. with 3 beds. 3 adults 2 children. very very good. not as plush as the hotels but I wanted more space. being cramped in a hotel room with several adults is not the way to holiday. so this time opted or the gold apartment. we had ground floor. thankfully. as the metal stairs don't look buggy friendly.. I loved the gardens. the views everywhere were perfect. lovely. the bedrooms were well appointed. nice furniture good beds and lovely bedding. some of the quilts had blood on them gross. no pillow protectors no matress protectors. not good. the quilts were of a poor quality.

the shower is very tiny but works well. maybe a spare toilet would be a good bonus for such a large apartment. there was a dishwasher and some dishwasher tablets. I loved the apartment.

the staff as always very polite.

PREMIER DINING GROSS
is was the most disappointing element of our holiday this time. we spent over half of our holiday cost on food. the food we have previously had in butlins was always good even very good. this time it was a nightmare.. we were allocated the YATCH CLUB. OMG it was dire. flipping cottage pie with a dry crust on the instant potato topping. not quite premier. there was a dried out gammon joint that cut my throat with its rubbery hardness. a week later my throat still hurts. now for the roast potatoes, these were pre cooked then heated up so we all know that roast tatties are like dried up bricks but obviously butlins are not aware of this fact..... cheap chocolate cake with fake cream. a nightmare. food hell.

went to customer services that evening. I have to say I have never seen a bad side to butlins staff, but complain and you see anather side to butlins. I love this place. I enjoy my holidays here. so have never had to complain. but the food was worse than any food I have ever had anywhere and that includes school dinners. remember I have had the basic meals and they were good 4 years ago.. fuming by now. it was suggested we try THE DECK. we had breakfast here it was ok. freshly cooked. excellent variety. great. dinner was a better presentation of the YATCH CLUB. the turkey roast was just cooked. so I was happy it must be frsh but no soooooOOOOOOO dry. powdery dry. my throat was shredded again. could not eat it. could not chew could not swallow. the only time food is this bad is if its pre prepared cooked then reheated, the carrots were old and dry and unpalatable, then I noticed that all the food cooked in front of you is just reheated. my grandaughter was ill. all the time. she stopped eating. a week later she still cant keep anything down, very cross. I got fed up and did not eat as it was too much of a chore. all of us were unimpressed at best.. the desserts were very cheap tasting not up to our experience at the ocean. it was a pleasure to have our meals.

I don't know if butlins are cost cutting on the prep of the food. cost cutting on cooking and the ingredients but I can honesty say they must be. there is a distinct difference/experience, I will not but the food package again. its just not worth paying up front for such bad food.

I wont have to complain again because the accommodation is fine and butlins is great but the food has gone down the pan....quite literally!

Room Tip: try and get the gold accommodation if you are staying with a large family and want good facilities a...

Hi boffy

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your breaks with us.

All the feedback you have shared will be passed onto the resort - in particular your comments regarding dining, as clearly we fell short of what you expect from us.

We're also sorry to read you weren't happy with the service you received when you raised your concerns on resort. Again we will share this with the appropriate team members so it can be looked into.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed in the silver accommodation at Butlins Bognor Regis and the accommodation was disgusting, the bed was broken and the bathroom and kitchen were filthy the staff never had a clue about anything that was showing for the kids and the general attitude they have needs to be addressed, we tried to complain to guest services about the way we were treated but they wouldn't let us speak to anybody higher. only one person was really polite and helpful and that was a man named Nathan who worked in the yatch club (restraunt) he always asked if our food was ok and just generally made an effort. Would advise not to stay at Butlins as for the service you recieve doesn't justify the amount it costs.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jayalfie1

Hi Jayalfie1

We appreciate you taking the time to leave an honest review.

Clearly we fell below your expectations and we apologise for that. We pride ourselves on the highest levels of guest services, and we will share your feedback with resort so they are aware of your experiences.

We will also pass on your feedback regarding your accommodation, so that the resort can act upon.

We'd love to welcome you so that next time we can delight you.

Thanks

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Upon arrival - we were directed to the reception area and were treated very nicely by the staff however when we asked some questions about the resort the answers where not very confidently said and turned out to be a lot of rubbish.

Accommodation - when we arrived at the accommodation we were pleasantly surprised as it seemed clean and upon first inspection had the essentials (eg iron , kettle). The room cleaners where a little pushy when they wanted to get into the room but that is being picky. Overall ok. However a fridge is definitely needed.

Staff - the welcoming staff were very polite but a bit clueless and as mentioned the cleaners where very pushy. The entertainment was very good we particularly enjoyed the Redcoat gameshow and the octaves! The redcoats themselves have a certain way with the children that is very nice to see. We have a 4 year old daughter who enjoyed having a dance with them in the main stage. On the Wednesday night our daughter fell over and hit her head on the corner of an arcade machine it was pouring with blood and she was crying. A young man with a Liverpudlian accent ran over to us and assisted us in getting to the first aid office, on the way he calmed my daughter down as well as me (as I was very in complete shock), stopped her crying and actually made her laugh! When we got there he said goodbye and we never got a chance to say thank you. That is until the next night when the man was dancing in main stage wearing a Redcoat! He was off duty when he noticed my daughter hurt and helped us out. Needless to say my daughter would not leave him alone that night! He was her hero! We promised we would write to him but unfortunately never thought to get his name
All in all the staff are very into their jobs and we are happy with how we were treated!

Food and drink - beautiful. Turners restaurant was magnificent! My husband really enjoyed his meal!
My favourite meal was from the pub called the beach. I enjoyed salmon when my husband had a pie. We where both amazed by the size of the portions for the price it was really very nice 5stars!

All in all I will be recommending butlins to anyone thinking of staying in England for a holiday!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Juliesouthern419

Hi Juliesouthern419

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We're glad you and your family had a great time with us in Bognor Regis, and we're especially pleased that one of our team was there to help when your daughter fell. We hope she's okay now.

The comments you made about the information you received when you checked in will be shared with resort as they will want to act upon it.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked my holiday on the phone but when i arrived they had no room for me. They then put us in a chalet and then sent us to the wrong one which was unacceptable. When we got in finally it smelt really bad, was not impressed.

When i tried to speak to staff they were not interested and were rude.

Drinks are expensive and you have to pay extra for everything.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rawride07

Hi rawride07

Many thanks for leaving an honest review - obviously we are disappointed to read the comments you have left, as we pride ourselves on the highest standards of guest service.

We would love the chance to discuss your experiences further. Therefore, please email us at tripadvisor@Butlins.com with your TripAdvisor name, real name, booking reference and a brief reminder of the issues you had. We will then get back in touch.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort? Share your experiences!