Very noisy at night with thoughtless guests and their children. We stayed with a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old who were disturbed by the noise from others. Very inconsiderate. I realise that this is not the fault of the resort but it did spoil our enjoyment of our break.
We had no hot water in our chalet and reported this the first morning of our stay but it was not seen to until we had to report it again the following day.
On a positive note we enjoyed the facilities and the food was excellent. The children had a thoroughly wonderful time. We spent a fortune but that is to be expected on holiday.
The accomodation was basic - we stayed in a silver room. For 5 of us after discounts it cost almost £800 for a three night stay. We paid extra for the B line pass which cost £75 for the 5 of us. This entitled us to get into the show venue 15 minutes before those who had not bought a pass. It was still a free for all with people running, pushing and shoving to get a front seat. Then others who came in later were taking chairs and planting themselves at the front anyway.
All in all there was loads for the children to do and kept them entertained but I don't think I would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex