We arrived for the first of our 2 week stay at butlins after a long drive from York.
We stayed in silver accomodation for the first week which was actually very clean and nice. The second week we stayed in a standard apartment which was truly terrible. Very dirty bath and fridge, no freezer, horrible smell, I could go on. Also a lot of the balconys outside or crumbling and have big holes in them. Very poor for the money people spend and I am amazed they have not spent money sorting this considering the reviews and complaints.
The site has plenty to do through the day such as the funfair mostly free apart from the rip off price of a go kart for about 2 mins. There are courts to play sports on free, play areas, bowling etc. Most activities will cost and there is the circus which is worth a visit for a fiver but not so much for people with disabilities which I was upset about. Think this needs sorting.
The prices were not as bad as I expected although some things are a bit steep. Paid more at haven though. Think when your paying over a grand most things should be free and they should address this.
Entertainment wise there is so much to do for everyone really, day and night, but expect long queues. Probably wise to get b line pass for shows, although this can be pricey for a large family. Shows were very good. Mister maker, African fusion, Dick and Dom all worth a watch.
Swimming was good, plenty of slides etc. Don't know why they have left a slide which is not in use anymore with a brick wall covering it. Agree with other reviews though the changing rooms are dirty as are some parts of the pool and could do with updating.
We went self catering as the meal plan is quite expensive for a large family. Tried eating out for breakfast a couple of days and got turned away by 4 restaurants as they were to busy when clearly they was not. Seems like they would only let people with a meal plan eat in them. This seems like a money making scheme by butlins to get people to pay more for a meal plan instead of turning up now and then and saving money by paying then and there. Also spar is a rip off so go to tesco or morrisons near site.
All in all was an okay holiday, but very overpriced, kids enjoyed it though. Just a bit of a dirty site and this needs sorting as does the pricing as people are just getting fleeced. Prefer the other 2 butlins sites and probably wont come back here again. Not until it has been updated and cleaned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlin's Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex