We stayed in silver rooms, and it was exactly what I expected. It is the cheaper option but you are paying for the park facilities and entertainment as much as the room. The room was clean and cleaning staff were constantly present during the week. The food was good, restaurants clean and plenty of food available in the buffet. The entertainment was excellent and the children enjoyed the activities running during the day. I found all of the staff polite and friendly. My only criticism is how many activities carry extra charges. We spent a good £600 but if we had access to more would have easily exceeded that. The only other negative I had was other guests on the park. (Not the fault of Butlins) I spent a lot of time queuing and other ppl were quite happy to bowl me and my children over when centre stage opened in the hope of getting a better table in the venue, it was laughable at times the way they practically dragged their children at full speed past you on the stairs!! Maybe more staff presence on the route would alleviate that.
All in all a good family holiday with plenty to do but be prepared to spend a reasonable amount of time in queues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex