7 years ago I visited butlins in Minehead where the ceiling literally fell down due to a burst pipe, so it was with extreme caution that I decided to go again, to be honest I was dreading it, but credit crunch etc. I was amazed at how it had all changed, I opted to go to Bognor this time and I returned today after a 7 night break with my 11 year old son. We stayed half board in a silver room, the room was basic but clean and served its purpose, the staff couldn't be friendlier, and if you needed anything you could text (at normal text price) and it was sorted within the hour. I had read there would be queues for everything. This was the first week of the school holidays but apart from the evening entertainment there were no queues for the pool or food etc. People were queuing an hour before the entertainment started to bag a table, if you waited until after the mad rush, you could still normally find a seat. The food in the restaurant was varied and the staff helpful, the desserts were a bit of a let down being the same choice for the whole week. The swimming pool was great fun and there was no time restriction on how long you wanted to stay in for. Bring lots of 2p coins for the amusement arcade! Papa Johns Pizza place was airy and clean, and they do an all you can eat buffet at lunchtime for pizza, salad and pasta. The supermarket did lovely freshly cooked filled baguettes which were very reasonably priced and delicious. The funfair is very old with only a few rides, but again no queues so worth a visit. The stony beach is just over the road, and the town centre is a 5 minute walk away. The red coats are extremely friendly and very helpful. The two evening entertainment places I visited were Reds and Centre Stage, on a negative point, the carpet stank to high heaven and could do with a thorough wash or shaked and vakked ;o) After taking my son to 5 star hotels in Greece, Spain and Cyprus, he informed me that Butlins was the best holiday he had ever had and could he go again next year! For £365 half board for a week, it was an absolute bargain so will definately go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex