This isn't somewhere I would normally dream of visiting but with my partners 4 and 5 year old nieces in tow we decided Butlins was probably our best bet. The Ocean hotel was a pleasant surprise - rooms are well thought out, good quality beds and service is good. Yes, the resort itsef is tired and the entertainment venues have this bizarre smell but for 3 days there is enough to keep young children entertained (and the resort seemed secure). One complaint - we went to see Circus Hilarious and I was amazed to find that in this day and age the 'clown' thought it acceptable to make homophobic jokes in front of an audience of young children. It wouldn't be allowed in a school so why does Butlins think this constitutes 'entertainment'?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlin's Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex