“Memory Lane”

Bognor Regis Museum
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my first visit to the new site. I had a wonderful hour or so looking round, buying books that I hadn't already got, and chatting to the staff.It was great to see pictures of my Grandfather, Great Grandfather,and Uncles on display. I live in Crawley now but have a lot of family in Bognor, so will visit the museum more often,it has so much on display and so interesting.

1  Thank 556Anne
"rainy day"
"sea front"
"all ages"
in 6 reviews
"staff were very helpful"
"few hours"
in 17 reviews
"quiz"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've been coming down to Bognor for more than half a century. Moved here 18 years ago. The museum encapsulates many of the reasons why we made that move. Well curated and with a fascinating collection it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Seeking shelter from the wet blustery day on a trip from London to see family, I found the Bognor Regis museum and was transported back to childhood through reams of memorabilia from my grandmother's era and before.I loved the cobblers workshop and kitchen scenes with audio accompaniment telling me about a typical day in the life of a Victorian maid. I found myself saying "ooooo, I remember that, to Lux Flakes in the shop display, and the Goblin vacuum in the -air-raid shelter-under-the stairs. The Ron Simpson Wireless Collection in it's very own room, is crammed full of amazing vintage radio sets-you just have to see to believe! I even found myself listening along to another visitor explaining to his own children about how his grandmother used to use all the different items in the shop window display. I recalled the old Esplanade Theatre from the model and was fascinated by the old photographs of the Bognor I remembered I used to visit when I was little.
I was listening to exciting plans to further develop the visitor experience here and I will certainly be going back next time I am in Bognor.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Fantastic place, interesting artefacts, friendly staff expectations were low but it was really fascinating well done

1  Thank Sim835
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited with 3 children aged 3-8. On reading other reviews I allowed for a 20 minute visit. We stayed for over an hour and could have stayed longer. Lots of things to keep the children occupied - a search for toy mice and a hidden cat kept them all busy. The displays are crammed with interesting things. The children enjoyed dressing up and loved all the old radios. The ladies on the desk were delightful and helpful. Lots of interesting books to buy and very reasonable pocket money toys in the shop. Well worth a visit - and it's free - but donations welcome.

1  Thank Maria M