Wave Hotel & Apartments
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel(Felpham)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$136
Selwood Lodge(Bognor Regis)
US$107
Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel(Bognor Regis)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roombunk bedsdeck restaurantlarge wrap around balconyoctopus roompremium diningmini fridgelovely balconytowel artinterconnecting roomscheck in was smoothreef apartmentiron and ironing boardnautical themehotel guestsenjoy your stayreception staff
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in the Wave Hotel with my young daughter. We were on the 2nd floor and our window was right opposite reception so everyone coming into the reception had full view of our room. Luckily the windows were so grubby they could hardly see in. The room itself was very nice, my daughter loved her bunk room and the lighting in there. Check in was dismal and had to queue for over an hour then wait another 20 minutes to get a free lift. Would stay again but not in a school holiday as it seems the staff can not cope with busy times.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here for a week from 23rd August 2013 and have to say, everything about this hotel was fabulous! We choose to stay in the hotel for the first time as we have always found the beds in the apartments to be very uncomfortable - definatley not the case here! The room is very well thought out and the kids bunk bed den is great, my daughter loved going to bed and watching dvds in her pod :) The games room in the lobby was great fun and the coffee shop a great place to unwind before bed. The staff were very helpful.
We will definatley be back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was appalled by the service we got at the hotel, room not being cleaned, had to keep asking for towels and reception staff ignoring requests and promises.
I booked a partial sea view room and got a car park view and the hotel Manager never even contacted me to discuss, instead I got the head of housekeeping instead!
Even after telling me they would discuss with Hotel Manager I never got any callback or even an apology!!
I had to keep on ringing down to reception to ask for enough towels for a family of four, still only giving us two bath towels and no hand towels!!
It has put me off staying at Butlins again and the fact that nobody has responded to my complaint shows that they are not bothered by this and my money is not important to them. I shall take my business to other holiday companies as I think it is disgusting that they have ignored my valid complaint. I would ask you to do the same too!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Wave Hotel as they are not giving the same service that the other hotels give like Shoreline and Ocean
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank joen274
Reviewed 2 September 2013

booked to stay in silver apartment but ws offered an upgrade to the Wave a week before we went so took them up on they offer and REALLY glad we did.
The room was great we had an adapted room for disabled with wet room that helped with my disabled son,also we had emergency pull cords so we could let him stay in aprtment on his own with no worries ( he is 16 ! ) we ate in the deck restaurent and food was good , we were always put near food area and offered help getting food as we had a wheelchair with us.
My younger son found the games area great and he spent alot of time in there whilst we sorted out in our room.One problem we did have was a lack of towels in our room,when we arrived we had 2 hand towels for 4 people. We asked twice at reception for towels and in the end at 10pm i went to reception to ask again and wait for them to take back to room.This happened every day we only had a max of 3 towels for 4 people :(
Staying in the hotel made our holiday alot different than in the chalets,so much so we have booked to go back at christmas time staying in the Wave.
Coffee shop in hotel was good and well priced ,gives you an area to sit away from main skyline area and not have to go back to your room.
Keep up the good work Butlins we will be back at christmas and no doubt in 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

On arrival there were no parking spaces. Directed to overflow which is a considerable distance. We opted to unlooad and then luckily a space appeared which we grabbed. Be warned no one moves their car whilst here it seems for fear they will lose their space. Cars were parked on kerbs and every possible space the only free space being disabled. There is a chronic lack of space and I wonder if the apartments next to the hotel opted to use the "hotel" car park as their allocated parking is a long way from the apartments but the hotel is closer...
The room itself clean and loved the layout except the balcony which as we had a corner room had a door which opened outwardly rather than patio sliding so effectively cut the balcony in half and could not sit outside with door open.
We had no hand towels on arrival. Reported and restocked however as the shower screen leaked considerably had to use to mop up the floor. These towels were taken and despite asking several times never replaced. Just told sorry we've run out of hand towels. This should not happen in a hotel supposedly of this standard. No towels in the entire resort? Also no remote for the second tv in the kids den. Again housekeeping very apologetic and polite. Never turned up. We booked and paid extra for the wave as it (we planned) would avoid arguments over what the kids wanted to watch. So now we just had arguments over who had the remote instead.
We arrived late and thought we had sorted out all missing items. After a nights sleep went to use the tea and coffee making facilities. No tea. No milk. Not good. Didnt fancy black coffee so tap water it was. By now we were getting fed up asking for things we should have as standard. Little things but they are annoying.
Breakfast was great in the beachcomber and dinner too. Found the resort restaurants all closed at 7pm for dinner (?) ok this is a family place and we had not paid for food inclusive but 7???? Most days we are not even home from work by then and on holiday the kids eat later. Luckily beachcomber to the rescue good food not too long a wait and helpful staff
Splash world Sunday morning early start hotel only 0830-0930 although disinterested staff did not even check so anyone could've gone in. Still nice and empty and we all enjoyed spending time and no money for a change.
Money.... There is so much not included it is disappointing. Almost everything was extra. Shows included but have to pay for a pass to get a seat. Circus and 3d shows extra. £20 for a family of 4 for each! Food expensive and had planned to go out and get some bits from local supermarket but daren't due to parking.
Kids loved the place. Games port included but would be nice to avoid the games on holiday and enjoy some sun!
Parents fed up and broke
Could be so so much better come on standards slipped Butlins!

• Stayed: August 2013