“Good quality accommodation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Wave Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good quality accommodation”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed at the end of August for 4 nights in a Dolphin Room (with balcony). Lovely room; beds comfortable; clean and quality furnishings. Actual hotel was bright and contemporary - kids loved their room and the games pod downstairs.

Only negatives - Butlins need to get on top of their resort cleaning - often saw empty coffee cups and rubbish etc left in the downstairs cafe for hours on end. Spolit the quality feel of the hotel. Also hanging space for clothes in kids room is minimal.

All in all though 100% improvement on the chalet apartments. We liked Butlins - entertainment well planned and good.

Had premium dining in the Deck - good food - lots of it. Tendancy to leave your dirty plates on tables until you had finished - not great eating dessert whilst your dinner plate looks back at you! Also would like option for later breakfast - continential style open to 11am.

Room Tip: Definately upgrade to a balcony room - worth it for the extra space and views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed in one of the reef apartments for a week at the end of august, it was excellent!

The kids loved coming back to the apartment to see which animal house keeping had made out of the towels, they also tucked their teddy's in for them! I was also impressed with the park facilities, I never once heard the kids say they were bored all week.

We didn't experience any problems at all and I can't praise all the guys at butlins enough, we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank woodov
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the Wave for a week, 9th to 16th September in room 627. The hotel is new and the building is very pleasant. We were in a Dolphin room which has a small childrens room inside. This uses bunk beds, and is quite narrow, our tall 17 year old struggled a bit. View of the sea from the room balcony was great, and the balcony is a nice place to sit out in the sun.

Housekeeping was hit and miss. Rooms were visited every day, but the sheets weren't changed during our week there. Also the room was only hoovered a couple of times, and often the cleaning was only the bathroom , making the beds and an empty of the bins.

Reception staff are pleasant and keen to please, However housekeeping seems disorganised, sometimes we were left no towels, sometimes only 2 (there were 3 of us). Requests to Reception for towels then had to be made, and on a couple of occasions repeated before we got them. You can borrow electronic items like Kindles, for your stay, but the deposit for a Kindle is £100 so we didnt bother.

Dining is at 'The Deck' restaurant and is billed as premium dining. Other than nicer furniture and the fact that staff find you a table to sit at, it is the same style of catering as the standard food courts at Butlins that I have eaten a over the years. It can be very busy at times and the staff struggle to clean up, often used plates were left on next door tables throughout our meal and spilled food onto floors wasn't cleaned promptly. The restaurant staff work very hard, and always have a smile and a word for you and I suspect the problem is there aren't enough of them to cover an area of the dining room's size. A couple of times it was that busy that we had to queue outside in the rain to get in. A redcoat mentioned that the Coral Beach Dining room (Standard) was closed and I wonder if the workload this normally took up was added to The Deck. We did use the voucher scheme to eat at other on site restaurants (Turners is excellent, Papa Johns again had similar problems slow service and not many staff although the food was better)

We stayed at the Ocean Hotel last year and this was much better organised and the in house restaurant was much more relaxing. I would prefer this hotel over the Wave, if we visit Butlins at Bognor again. The experience hasn't put me off Butlins, but I wouldn't pay for premium dining again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the sea views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank donkey_doc
Felpham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in the Wave Hotel with my young daughter. We were on the 2nd floor and our window was right opposite reception so everyone coming into the reception had full view of our room. Luckily the windows were so grubby they could hardly see in. The room itself was very nice, my daughter loved her bunk room and the lighting in there. Check in was dismal and had to queue for over an hour then wait another 20 minutes to get a free lift. Would stay again but not in a school holiday as it seems the staff can not cope with busy times.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here for a week from 23rd August 2013 and have to say, everything about this hotel was fabulous! We choose to stay in the hotel for the first time as we have always found the beds in the apartments to be very uncomfortable - definatley not the case here! The room is very well thought out and the kids bunk bed den is great, my daughter loved going to bed and watching dvds in her pod :) The games room in the lobby was great fun and the coffee shop a great place to unwind before bed. The staff were very helpful.
We will definatley be back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Aylesbury
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was appalled by the service we got at the hotel, room not being cleaned, had to keep asking for towels and reception staff ignoring requests and promises.
I booked a partial sea view room and got a car park view and the hotel Manager never even contacted me to discuss, instead I got the head of housekeeping instead!
Even after telling me they would discuss with Hotel Manager I never got any callback or even an apology!!
I had to keep on ringing down to reception to ask for enough towels for a family of four, still only giving us two bath towels and no hand towels!!
It has put me off staying at Butlins again and the fact that nobody has responded to my complaint shows that they are not bothered by this and my money is not important to them. I shall take my business to other holiday companies as I think it is disgusting that they have ignored my valid complaint. I would ask you to do the same too!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Wave Hotel as they are not giving the same service that the other hotels give...
2 Thank joen274
england
Reviewed 2 September 2013

booked to stay in silver apartment but ws offered an upgrade to the Wave a week before we went so took them up on they offer and REALLY glad we did.
The room was great we had an adapted room for disabled with wet room that helped with my disabled son,also we had emergency pull cords so we could let him stay in aprtment on his own with no worries ( he is 16 ! ) we ate in the deck restaurent and food was good , we were always put near food area and offered help getting food as we had a wheelchair with us.
My younger son found the games area great and he spent alot of time in there whilst we sorted out in our room.One problem we did have was a lack of towels in our room,when we arrived we had 2 hand towels for 4 people. We asked twice at reception for towels and in the end at 10pm i went to reception to ask again and wait for them to take back to room.This happened every day we only had a max of 3 towels for 4 people :(
Staying in the hotel made our holiday alot different than in the chalets,so much so we have booked to go back at christmas time staying in the Wave.
Coffee shop in hotel was good and well priced ,gives you an area to sit away from main skyline area and not have to go back to your room.
Keep up the good work Butlins we will be back at christmas and no doubt in 2014.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis
Comfort Inn Arundel
Comfort Inn Arundel
#6 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Wave Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!