“Unacceptable for a hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Wave Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were promised one room and then given another not on the same floor, the room was dirty to the point I handed back the keys. I was asked to comeback and they said the cleaned the room. But between the slats of the bed it was full of dirt and old bottles, spoon for the tea was not cleaned and small bits of debris still all over.I called reception to clean the room again with me watching they pulled half a carrier bag full of it. All I wanted was to stay in a clean hotel and enjoy my time with the family.I will never come here again. Anyone staying, simple checks lift the matteris and look under bed, they will fall everytime.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank dave h

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having not been to Butlins Bognor for many years I remembered the old fashioned chalet style buildings, but had not been there since the hotel had been built, not quite sure what to expect, we were so pleasantly surprised!

We stayed on an adult comedy weekend which was very well organised staff everywhere you go where polite friendly and courteous. The hotel itself has a beautiful foyer when you enter with a nice area with coffee shop and lots of comfy funky modern seating....

The room was huge with a double bed in the main room and a smaller children's room with bunkbeds and TV's built in the bathroom was very modern with everything you could need even a light up disco showerhead! The biggest surprise was how quiet the rooms were we had such a great nights sleep super comfortable beds and no noise even considering the hotel was quite busy.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruthd1000
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned from a 4 day break at the Wave Hotel Bognor in the Butlins Resort. Never been to a Butlins before but with a 3yr old decided to give it a go. Really good to be honest - we booked the sea horse Room with a balcony which was perfectly safe even on 5th floor with a little one. The room very clean and tidy and his little bedroom with the bunks and tv screens on the wall brilliant touch. Kept him occupied at night when we wanted to relax. Also good first thing allowing us to sort ourselves out for days activities while he watched peppa pig and bananas etc. The breakfastood package really good too - food very good and kept us going all day. Never booked the dinner package so cannot comment on that. The bananas show was very good very professional as we went on a just for tots break geared for the under 5's. The downside of course is nothing really to do at night for adults as once shows etc over its back to room time. Now the warnings. Being on a resort the restaurants etc closed at 9pm and are expensive. If you are a family of four with the full board dining package then you could expect to pay maybe 50 60 pounds per night with drinks for you and kids. Your cheap butlins break suddenly becomes a 6 to £700 pounds getaway depending on how much you order. Especially factoring in the little bits and pieces you will end up buying through the day. If I was to return I would definately book the full board package and try and get best deal possible. Around £350 for the full package for 4 nights for family of 3 or 4 and snap it up. Would I go back - yes - But like I say beware the expense within the complex.

Room Tip: Cannot really comment on other rooms but seahorse room excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank geezer1England
Reviewed 1 July 2014

just back from 3 night break at the Wave Hotel. This is our 2 nd visit to Bognor. We first came 2 years ago on a Sun holiday when the Wave hotel was in middle of being finished off. We stayed in the chalets next door to the building site last time and thought we would try the new hotel as a treat after seeing it half built. I must say our initial reactions in the first few hours were of disappointment. We arrived early evening after a long journey in awful traffic. We were shown to our room and I must have had high expectations! I stood in the room and it just didnt feel nice. Looked out to balcony and there was a single rusty legged table and no chairs. There were finger marks on wardrobe doors and it just felt dusty. Down the side of the bed on the carpet was a huge dried up stain on the carpet and an inch thick of dust all around the skirting boards and dust on the bedside ledge. I was so disappointed. I call house- keeping and they did come within 10 mins. I also ,pointed out mould on the bathroom vent. They gave the room a clean whilst we went out and it did feel better after. Plus they bought some chairs for the balcony. There was no mattress protector on the bed. Just a sheet. Duvet was pretty rubbish. Thin and flat looking. Bedding looked very cheap and basic. There really isn't any excuse for the above. When you walk into a hotel you want to feel you are the first person in there. This was just sloppy housekeeping. Maybe the room hadnt been occupied for a while but that is still no excuse. My son liked his octopus room although didnt sleep in it! He didnt like being on his own in a room so unfortunately shared our bed! Good job it was big. It was basically 2 beds zipped together so a nice ridge in the centre! bathroom was nice and modern and clean ( apart from mouldy vent). Shower not particularly powerful though. For a hotel that is only 2 years old parts of the room are pretty shabby. Dirty marks on the walls etc which is a shame.
FOOD: disappointing meal in Beachcomer which was a surprise as last time the food was good and we went there twice. We ate in Turners the 2nd night and the food was excellent. The best meal we had all weekend. Would recommend it. Felt like a proper restaurant. 3rd night we tried the new American Diner. Again, a disappointing meal unfortunately. Chicken salad with cheap ice berg lettuce. I saw another customer sendingnhis rack of ribs back as not cooked! We ate our breakfast in The Deck. First day it was all,piping hot and nice hot plates. Freshly cooked omlettes nice. 2nd and 3rd days cold plates, queue for omlettes and cold croissants. Food didnt stay warm on plates for long so disappointing.

Our one highlight was the kids football coach Richie. He was excellent and i cant praise him enough. Good with the kids and made sure everyone got a chance to shine. A credit to Butlins.

Even though we were disappointed with certain things the hotel grew on us.. Coffe bar downstairs was nice and kids love the games room which is a great idea. Shame two lifts were broken as this caused long delays on checkmout days. Staff were helpful and friendly so that is the main thing. We probably wont be back as now been there twice but my son really enjoyed himself over all.

2  Thank Dawnexe
Reviewed 18 June 2014

All in all it was a good service i received from Wave hotel. We were in Dolphin room. I booked for a king size bed but when i received it had twin beds. when i told it to the reception lady, she send someone move it together. she zipped it together and put a bigger bed sheet over it. As a king size, I was expecting a bit bigger than two single beds together. my 2.5 year old daughter loved her room that has TV in each bunker bed. Room was clean, neat and tidy but nothing special about it. It has a locker, fridge, kettle and ironing board inside wardrobe which was nice. Bathroom were clean and filled with more than enough

Staff were friendly. we used The Desk Restaurant for premium food. we all absolutely loved every items they served. All hot foods are hot and looked fresh. first three days , we were one of the last family came to dine in and finished as we never liked breakfast or dinner early. they patiently wait for my kid finish and never rushed to get us out. each time the staff came to us personally to let us know that they are closing the kitchen. We had a balcony with partial view to Seaside. even we were in highest floor ( floor 7), partial view of sea is not really worth for the money it as it is too far from hotel to get a nice view but our floor was very quiet as they have fewer rooms in that floor. i am totally satisfied with my visit there.

Cons: pillows were awful i couldn't sleep on it so slept without it most days.
Never made a compliant so cant comment on how is their service based on that.

Room Tip: There two car parks, first one is smaller and close to entrance gate but you cant keep an eye on it...
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you think that Butlins is down market this means that you have not stayed at the wave hotel top drawer, great rooms, great entertainment and even better staff. We have stayed before at the Ocean hotel but this was better rooms same size same standard no butlers here but the games cave made it

Room Tip: Get the cheapest room you only sleep there
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Wasn't particular impressed with the room- had better beds in a premier inn- nothing wrong but nothing special either and I expected a little more for the price.... though the individual childrens tv's did prove handy ;-) and it was very clean.
However the staff are exemplary, the hotel is immaculate and has some nice touches and our food was good. Would visit again but just not stay in an octopus room.

Highs:
Games port
Baby room
Individual tv's
Staff--all of them! Not one was less than professional and courteous and pleasant :-)

Lows:
Bed/pillows
Room size
Cost (inc on-site extras which are steep!)

• Stayed: June 2014
#5 of 7 in Arundel
Navigator Hotel
Navigator Hotel
#10 of 26 in Bognor Regis

Been to Wave Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!